Getting Around in Venice, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Venice > Getting Around in Venice
- Public Transportation travel tip
- City center
The gondola is well-known around the world, mostly amongst the romantic hearted, the gondola traghetto on the other hand can be used in 'emergencies' like you can't find a bridge on the Grand Canal to go to the other side. The vaporetto, however, is a ship with a daily schedule, boarding tickets and routes. It is like a city bus, only on water and without wheels.
So be prepared, leave your car outside the city and wear comfortable shoes! Venice is a place on the water! :)
Traghetto: 50 EUR cents
Vaporetto: 3.5 EUR (one way), 10.50 EUR/ 22 EUR ( 24-hour-ticket/72-hour-ticket)
Gondola: 70 EUR/hour (changes on season and gondolier)
Recent travel tips for Venice
- Cafe FlorianIt may be the most expensive cafes in Venice, but Cafe Florian is history and a work of art in itself. It has been preserved almost like a museum, being Europe's oldest cafe, opened in 1720 and has been the visiting place of famous [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Da Forni RestaurantThough having a reputation of being perfect for business meetings, with its chandelier and silver cutlery, the Da Forni Restaurant is an elegant restaurant and is visited by tourists as well. They have excellent service and the best wine [...]D: 1mi00
- Hotel DanieliOne of the oldest and most prestigious hotels in Venice, the Hotel Danieli has been a palace and the home of the Doge Dandolo's family. It has been restyled several times and though the modern part of the hotel has every necessity, it [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Cantinone StoricoThe view was spectacular from this cozy little restaurant, quite near to the Guggenheim Museum. We booked our table in advance, and because we had such a good weather all week, we asked for a table on their terrace. It was the best choice, [...]D: n/a00
- Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale)The place where Italy's doges sat and 'commanded' is found in the San Marco square and dates back to the 12th century. The Doge's Palace was built in a Gothic style, the building holds secrets that gathered up through the [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Venice you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
From November there is a nice Christmas Market in front of the Schönbrunn Palace. We arrived here late afternoon, but all the free parking spaces...
General: Parking near the Schonbrunn
Wenn ihr in Langenargen seid, müsst ihr unbedingt am See spazieren gehen. Das ist so schön.
General: Der schöne See von Langenargen
You can get a discount at the entertainment park entrance if you keep your parking ticket :)
General: Save your money
Antony is the best place to eat in all Ostuni. It's run by the owner family and they really make you feel yourself at home all the time. Prices are...
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
Many travelers combine Indochina destinations to have a great mixture of culture, relaxation, beauty and uniqueness altogether in one region....
General: Visit Golden Pagodas around Yangon
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Titiwangsa Lake is a great place to go to if you want to have a great bird’s eye view over Lake Titiwangsa, Petronas Towers and KL Tower....
Sightseeing: Titiwangsa Lake
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
There is a castle in this city. It has a big parking but there you have to pay... very close about 50-100 meters from the castle you turn right on...
History & Culture: Bratislava Castle