Getting Around in Venice, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Venice > Getting Around in Venice
- Public Transportation travel tip
- City center
The gondola is well-known around the world, mostly amongst the romantic hearted, the gondola traghetto on the other hand can be used in 'emergencies' like you can't find a bridge on the Grand Canal to go to the other side. The vaporetto, however, is a ship with a daily schedule, boarding tickets and routes. It is like a city bus, only on water and without wheels.
So be prepared, leave your car outside the city and wear comfortable shoes! Venice is a place on the water! :)
Traghetto: 50 EUR cents
Vaporetto: 3.5 EUR (one way), 10.50 EUR/ 22 EUR ( 24-hour-ticket/72-hour-ticket)
Gondola: 70 EUR/hour (changes on season and gondolier)
Recent travel tips for Venice
- Piazza San MarcoThe perfect description of Piazza San Marco is the place of change and variety. You can experience so many things in this 175m long place. The shows, performances and the feeling of your surroundings changes from hour to hour and from [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Cafe FlorianIt may be the most expensive cafes in Venice, but Cafe Florian is history and a work of art in itself. It has been preserved almost like a museum, being Europe's oldest cafe, opened in 1720 and has been the visiting place of famous [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Musica a PalazzoWe had a beautiful night at the Musica a Palazzo a few months back. We watched the La Traviata and it was just magnificent. The whole show was great, highly entertaining. And though we didn't understand everything, (opera is not easy [...]D: n/a00
- Teatro La FeniceThe theater of the Phoenix has truly lived up to its reputation, rising from the ashes and becoming one of the prestigious opera houses in Venice. The Teatro La Fenice has been burned down several times, and renovated and reopened in 2004. [...]D: 0.8mi01
- The Venice Experience Backstreet TourWhen we decided to visit Venice we booked in advance a tour of the small alleys and narrower canals of the city. The Venice Experience Backstreet Tour gave us a glimpse on the more private and intimate side of the famous city. Though [...]D: n/a00
Things about Venice you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
The Centro Cultural Carioca is the best place to go for some great Brazilian live music, usually samba, choro and gafieira. There are also...
Night Life & Entertainment: Centro Cultural Carioca
I WAS THERE 5 YEARS AGO, THE PEOPLE IS VERY FRIENDLY, THEY MAKE YOU PART OF THEIR FAMILY, IS SO HARD TO FORGET PEOPLE LIKE THEM
General: FRIENDLY PEOPLE
In Langenargen there is a beautiful castle.
General: Visit the beautiful castle
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
Casino Royale Goa, India's largest casino vessel is the hallmark of sophistication and grandeur. Floating on the tranquil Mandovi River in Goa, it...
General: Casino Royale Goa
Here at Mazo Konkan! we’re very excited to announce the launch of our newly designed Sub-Division / Website which goes live today and is located...
General: Ganpatipule - Mazo Konkan's sub-division launch!
During these two weeks we drove the total of 4.000 something km visiting four countries.
General: 14 Day Road Trip in Europe
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
The best way to get to the city from the airport is by Taxi. Also, once you are in the city, the best way to travel is again by taxi, it's cheap...
Public Transportation: Airport Transfer