Getting Around in Venice, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Venice > Getting Around in Venice
- Public Transportation travel tip
- City center
The gondola is well-known around the world, mostly amongst the romantic hearted, the gondola traghetto on the other hand can be used in 'emergencies' like you can't find a bridge on the Grand Canal to go to the other side. The vaporetto, however, is a ship with a daily schedule, boarding tickets and routes. It is like a city bus, only on water and without wheels.
So be prepared, leave your car outside the city and wear comfortable shoes! Venice is a place on the water! :)
Traghetto: 50 EUR cents
Vaporetto: 3.5 EUR (one way), 10.50 EUR/ 22 EUR ( 24-hour-ticket/72-hour-ticket)
Gondola: 70 EUR/hour (changes on season and gondolier)
Recent travel tips for Venice
- Da Forni RestaurantThough having a reputation of being perfect for business meetings, with its chandelier and silver cutlery, the Da Forni Restaurant is an elegant restaurant and is visited by tourists as well. They have excellent service and the best wine [...]D: 1mi00
- Musica a PalazzoWe had a beautiful night at the Musica a Palazzo a few months back. We watched the La Traviata and it was just magnificent. The whole show was great, highly entertaining. And though we didn't understand everything, (opera is not easy [...]D: n/a00
- Cafe FlorianIt may be the most expensive cafes in Venice, but Cafe Florian is history and a work of art in itself. It has been preserved almost like a museum, being Europe's oldest cafe, opened in 1720 and has been the visiting place of famous [...]D: 0.9mi00
- All' Antica MolaThe best thing about this place is that it's not at all touristy. A perfect 'off the beaten path' place filled only with locals. The cuisine is authentic Venetian and open 24/7, the place is cozy and the staff hearty. You will fall in [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale)The place where Italy's doges sat and 'commanded' is found in the San Marco square and dates back to the 12th century. The Doge's Palace was built in a Gothic style, the building holds secrets that gathered up through the [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Venice you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The hotel Ambos Mundos, its name meaning Both Worlds, is famous for its association with Ernest Hemingway, who stayed in one of its rooms and wrote...
General: Hotel Ambos Mundos in Havana
If you are at Stuttgart, you should visit the Landesmuseum, situated in the old castle in the city center. There are several exceptional exhibits,...
History & Culture: Landesmuseum of Stuttgart
Easter in Egypt Package - Egypt Tour $ 949 per person and single supplement is $ 320 DAY 01: THU 05 APRIL - Upon arrival at Cairo...
General: Easter egypt package $949
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
Mamaia is one of the best points of atraction on the Black Sea Beach on the Romanian teritory. The principal point of atraction in Mamaia is the...
General: Aqua Magic, Mamaia
If you like to go shopping or watching the old souk of Hammamet, take yourself a taxi. Busses arent reliable and a Taxi isnt much expensive. While...
General: Toursit location
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.
San Antonio, Texas
Just across from the popular Riverwalk, The Alamo is a historical landmark with a rich and heroic history. Originally built as a mission, the...
History & Culture: The Alamo
Santa Ana, California
Who would think that in a small town like Santa Ana lies such an exquisite culinary treasure like the Ambrosia Restaurant. The whole place is...
Food: Ambrosia Restaurant
If you go to Innsbruck, train is the most comfortable way to get there. From the mainstation you can get everywhere by taxi.
General: How to get there comfortably