Gondola Ride in Venice, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Venice > Gondola Ride in Venice
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Depending on the season and of course on the gondolier, the prices vary and usually include the tip but if you really want to feel the Venetian air you definitely have to try it out. The view from the gondolas is something entirely different than from the narrow streets or squares. Not to mention, you might get some little tit-bits about the city from the gondolier. Don't miss it!
Recent travel tips for Venice
- Teatro La FeniceThe theater of the Phoenix has truly lived up to its reputation, rising from the ashes and becoming one of the prestigious opera houses in Venice. The Teatro La Fenice has been burned down several times, and renovated and reopened in 2004. [...]D: 0.8mi01
- Da Forni RestaurantThough having a reputation of being perfect for business meetings, with its chandelier and silver cutlery, the Da Forni Restaurant is an elegant restaurant and is visited by tourists as well. They have excellent service and the best wine [...]D: 1mi00
- Piccolo Mondo Bar in VeniceOne of the oldest and maybe the smallest clubs in Italy, the Piccolo Mondo Bar is a hidden jewel in the heart of Venice. Many locals visit the bar after the restaurants have closed, because it is open until 4am. It is quite a [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Hotel DanieliOne of the oldest and most prestigious hotels in Venice, the Hotel Danieli has been a palace and the home of the Doge Dandolo's family. It has been restyled several times and though the modern part of the hotel has every necessity, it [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale)The place where Italy's doges sat and 'commanded' is found in the San Marco square and dates back to the 12th century. The Doge's Palace was built in a Gothic style, the building holds secrets that gathered up through the [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Venice you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
There are many beautiful and well preserved Victorian houses in Charlottetown, but most of them are private property and people live in them so you...
History & Culture: Beaconsfield Historic House
Are you looking for a trip that offers you a chance to get off the beaten track in Northern Vietnam. In addition to that, it is still able to...
General: Off the beaten track Travel by Custom Vietnam Travel
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
The Gravediggers is one of the greatest pubs in the world. The place got it's name from the gravediggers who often attended the pub after a long...
Night Life & Entertainment: The Gravediggers
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
There is a castle in this city. It has a big parking but there you have to pay... very close about 50-100 meters from the castle you turn right on...
History & Culture: Bratislava Castle
San Diego, California
Maritime Museum was totally cool. It is basically a collection of six ships, some restored, some replicas and the exhibitions within the ships. ...
History & Culture: Maritime Museum
If you want to go skiing for a day in Austria, use the city as a starting point to go to the different skiing areas.
General: Skiing for a day