Brasov Travel Tips, Romania
Travel tips > Europe > Romania > Brasov travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Brasov travel tip categories:
- General (3)
- History & Culture (1)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (6)
Browse Brasov travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Brasov travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Brasov or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Brasov travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Brasov
- 21st century Brasov-KronstadtBrasov is one of the most beautiful cities of Romania. In the past few years its face has changed dramatically-into a European looking-like city. It managed to preserve it's medieval appearance but adjusted it to the 21st century and to the [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Siteseeing in BrasovDon't miss out to visit the Black Church and the tower of the city. [...]D: n/a00
- Are you hungry?If you are hungry, in the center of the city, are many great and cheap pizzerias. [...]D: n/a00
- Brasov's new airportBrasov will have, starting from next year, most likely an international airport, that will link this marvelous city with the rest of the world. Now, given how badly the Romanian roads are, it's pretty difficult to get here by car. The train [...]D: n/a10
- Brasov connection to CovasnaFrom Covasna to Brasov there are only 51 Km, and there are about 5 connections per day with buses or microbuses. Personally I was with Ecosil, the trip cost about 3.3 dollars (2.5 euros) and it took less than an hour and a half. With the [...]D: n/a00
- Brasov train connection with BudapestBrasov is connected with the capital of Hungary, Budapest by two trains, nicknamed 'Harghita' and 'Corona'. The second one, unfortunately has been temporally canceled (between 18 june 2009 and 23 september 2009). The trains also stop in [...]D: n/a00
- Tampa HillFor a splendid panoramic view on Brasov, you can go up to the Tampa Hill which is 400 m above the city. TO get there you can walk (but there are often reports of bears there, so it's a bit dangerous) or you can use the cable car that takes [...]D: n/a00
- Little Fortress (Cetatuia)A popular sight in Brasov is Cetatuia (Little Fortress) build in the medieval ages and restored in the 1980's. Inside there is a restaurant really coquettish. Worth visiting. [...]D: n/a00
- White TowerNext to the Black Tower there is (guess what) The White Tower. It's part of the same defense mechanism built against Turks and Tatars. The dimensions are the same as for the Black Tower. [...]D: n/a00
- Black TowerFor a view over the city, a good spot is the Black Tower (which in fact is not at all black), a 12 meters high tower. The view from the tower (which got the name from the fact that it was burn in the 16th century) over the city is [...]D: n/a00
- "Golden Stag" International Music Festival in BrasovIf you are in Brasov between 2nd and 7th September 2009, you really have to check out the “GOLDEN STAG” International Music Festival, the second largest and most important festival in Europe, after Eurovision. The event takes place [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Black ChurchMy favorite sight in Brasov is The Black Church from the center of the city, and the 950m high mountain called 'Tampa' from where you can admire the entire city. Don't miss them out! [...]D: n/a00
Things about Brasov you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you're in Vienna don't miss the Riesenrad in the Prater park. This is a sightseeing ferris-wheel. It goes round very slowly and when you're on...
Family & Fun: Sightseeing from the Riesenrad
Wenn ihr in Langenargen seid, müsst ihr unbedingt am See spazieren gehen. Das ist so schön.
General: Der schöne See von Langenargen
If you are at Nimes, the ancient Nemausus, you should make a walk along the roman waterpipe. There is also the famous Pont du Gard, nearly...
History & Culture: Pont du Gard, roman waterpip
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
The National Park is huge and beautiful. It is right next to the city, so you can easily reach it wherever in Killarney you would be. The Park...
Outdoors Activities: Killarney National Park
Book your tour with Twins Tours to the HolyLand!
General: Visiting the Holy Land
Are you interested in hiring a personal tour guide on your trip to Peru? Hire a professional interpreter & Guide in Peru you can contact him...
General: Tour Guide in Lima, Peru
New York, New York
If you want to eat gorgeous chicken for few money goto the Canal street. There is a refuge with chinese foods.
General: Canal street refuge chinese foods
Betsy Ross is a true American icon, because according to its descendants, she was the one who sew the first national flag of the United States. The...
History & Culture: The Betsy Ross House
Saint Louis, Missouri
Definitely a must in St. Louis and just because it is so popular for locals and visitors as well but because the whole experience you get at the...
Family & Fun: City Museum