Brasov Travel Tips, Romania
Travel tips > Europe > Romania > Brasov travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Brasov travel tip categories:
- General (3)
- History & Culture (1)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (6)
Browse Brasov travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Brasov travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Brasov or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Brasov travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Brasov
- 21st century Brasov-KronstadtBrasov is one of the most beautiful cities of Romania. In the past few years its face has changed dramatically-into a European looking-like city. It managed to preserve it's medieval appearance but adjusted it to the 21st century and to the [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Siteseeing in BrasovDon't miss out to visit the Black Church and the tower of the city. [...]D: n/a00
- Are you hungry?If you are hungry, in the center of the city, are many great and cheap pizzerias. [...]D: n/a00
- Brasov's new airportBrasov will have, starting from next year, most likely an international airport, that will link this marvelous city with the rest of the world. Now, given how badly the Romanian roads are, it's pretty difficult to get here by car. The train [...]D: n/a10
- Brasov connection to CovasnaFrom Covasna to Brasov there are only 51 Km, and there are about 5 connections per day with buses or microbuses. Personally I was with Ecosil, the trip cost about 3.3 dollars (2.5 euros) and it took less than an hour and a half. With the [...]D: n/a00
- Brasov train connection with BudapestBrasov is connected with the capital of Hungary, Budapest by two trains, nicknamed 'Harghita' and 'Corona'. The second one, unfortunately has been temporally canceled (between 18 june 2009 and 23 september 2009). The trains also stop in [...]D: n/a00
- Tampa HillFor a splendid panoramic view on Brasov, you can go up to the Tampa Hill which is 400 m above the city. TO get there you can walk (but there are often reports of bears there, so it's a bit dangerous) or you can use the cable car that takes [...]D: n/a00
- Little Fortress (Cetatuia)A popular sight in Brasov is Cetatuia (Little Fortress) build in the medieval ages and restored in the 1980's. Inside there is a restaurant really coquettish. Worth visiting. [...]D: n/a00
- White TowerNext to the Black Tower there is (guess what) The White Tower. It's part of the same defense mechanism built against Turks and Tatars. The dimensions are the same as for the Black Tower. [...]D: n/a00
- Black TowerFor a view over the city, a good spot is the Black Tower (which in fact is not at all black), a 12 meters high tower. The view from the tower (which got the name from the fact that it was burn in the 16th century) over the city is [...]D: n/a00
- "Golden Stag" International Music Festival in BrasovIf you are in Brasov between 2nd and 7th September 2009, you really have to check out the “GOLDEN STAG” International Music Festival, the second largest and most important festival in Europe, after Eurovision. The event takes place [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Black ChurchMy favorite sight in Brasov is The Black Church from the center of the city, and the 950m high mountain called 'Tampa' from where you can admire the entire city. Don't miss them out! [...]D: n/a00
Things about Brasov you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Schaffhausen, you should take a look at the well knwon Waterfalls of the River Rhein there. Also the surrounding nature is worth to...
Outdoors Activities: Waterfalls of the Rhein River
IF you are around at christmas, you should visit that chsitmas market at the city. It´s really famous and you can enjoy shopping, drinking a cup...
Shopping: Christkindlmarkt in the inner city
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
Liverpool, United Kingdom
The Liverpool Cathedral is an amazing experience for everyone. It has a lot of attractions, exhibitions that you must see and experience if you are...
History & Culture: The Liverpool Cathedral
Oxford, United Kingdom
Know how to ride a push bike, as thats what everyone does!
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
Jammu is vey crowded during the months of october and April due to the holy Navratri season in India. To get good accommodations during these times...
General: Travel tip
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
Visit Braila city ,Romania, an historical towm on the Danube, with a local guide -walking tour in Braila city -historical places,churches,main...
Sightseeing: Braila city tour/Braila walking tour
Located in the grounds of the Woodward Park in Fresno, the Shinzen Japanese Garden is a true symbol of Japanese culture, mixture of tranquility,...
Sightseeing: Shinzen Japanese Garden in Fresno