Romania Travel Tips, Europe
Travel tips > Europe > Romania travel tips
Browse useful Romania travel tips using the map (by moving the mouse over a city pin or by clicking it) or simply scroll down on this page. After finding the travel tips for Romania you are interested in, you may leave a comment or ask the authors of the tips - being experienced travelers but also real users just like you they will gladly answer. Also, we do encourage you to provide your own useful travel tips for your favorite cities in Romania or anywhere else in the world, so that others can learn from you as well.
Recent travel tips from Romania
- Carolina FortressAlba Iulia travel tipsThe Carolina Fortress of Alba Iulia is considered one of the seven wonders of Romania. It is a compelling group of buildings in very good state and many things to see. It is huge and built in Vauban style. The changing of guards is also [...]D: n/a20
- Trekking in ArieseniArieseni travel tipsIf you are Arieseni, I recommend, whether it be summer or winter, a walk to the hole Ruginoasa is very spectacular, constantly expanding, ground forming a large hole slip that give it its color and name. And if you have technical equipment, [...]D: n/a10
- Mineralogy MuseumBaia Mare travel tipsA captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals all from Romanian sites. The exhibit impresses with uniqueness of color and shape of the [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Nenuphar Lake - LotusBaile Felix travel tipsOne of the main points of atractions in Baile Felix is the Nenuphar Lake wich is a natural reservation and wich hosts 3 species of nenuphars. [...]D: n/a00
- Living wonderBistrita travel tipsNice, quiet, more like a living wonder. [...]D: n/a10
- 21st century Brasov-KronstadtBrasov travel tipsBrasov is one of the most beautiful cities of Romania. In the past few years its face has changed dramatically-into a European looking-like city. It managed to preserve it's medieval appearance but adjusted it to the 21st century and to the [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Caru cu BereBucharest travel tipsThis restaurant represents one of the oldest and famous places in the historical center of Bucharest. [...]D: 0.1mi00
- A little campingChiscau travel tipsNear the cave just about a 1 mile you can find a great place for camping, with grass and a little brook [...]D: n/a10
- Cluj NapocaCluj-napoca travel tipsVisit the beautiful Saint Michael's church...it is the symbol of the city besides the statue of King Matthias sitting on his horse..one of the greatest kings of Hungary [...]D: n/a20
- Local Pizza (so tasty)Covasna travel tipsWant something that combines traditionalism and modernism? Why don’t you try a local pizza? The best traditional pizza (ok, I admit, the only one I had there) is at Cerbul Pizza Place. This is located just at the entrance of the Cerbul [...]D: n/a00
- Visit the Citadel in Deva!Deva travel tipsIf you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach the top of the hill using a great lift on the side of the hill. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Lake Dragan good to knowDobresti travel tipsIt is good idea to have a rubber boat with you [...]D: n/a00
- Aqua Magic, MamaiaMamaia travel tipsMamaia is one of the best points of atraction on the Black Sea Beach on the Romanian teritory. The principal point of atraction in Mamaia is the amusament park wich name is Aqua Magic and in the night the clubs are full of young people whom [...]D: n/a00
- Dolphin shows in NavodariNavodari travel tipsI was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows. [...]D: 1mi00
- The Castle of OradeaOradea travel tipsOne of the major attractions in Oradea would be the Castle built more than 800 years ago by the founder of the city, King St. Laszlo of Hungary. The Castle has got 5 bastions and is under restauration now (Feb. 2011). The building gives [...]D: 1.2mi10
- Lupa Capitolina and the Roman Catholic CathedralSatu Mare travel tipsIn the center of Satu Mare, there are some really nice things that you should visit while you are in the city. There is a big fountain in the central park where the water changes its color from time to time. Sometimes it's pink, other [...]D: n/a11
- Main street of SibiuSibiu travel tipsThe main street of the city is the most beautiful main street I have seen in Transsylvania. The buildings are constructed from the 16th to the 19th century in different styles but having typical Saxon features in common. Some of the [...]D: 0.4mi00
- The Inner CitySighisoara travel tipsThe inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as it was once one of the centers of the Transylvanian Saxons. It's like you are walking in a [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Roses parkTimisoara travel tipsThe Park of Rose is the most beautiful park from Timisoara, which was founded in 1891. There you can see very many different species of flowers. [...]D: n/a00
- You must visit the St. Anna lakeTusnad travel tipsIf you go to Tusnad don't miss to visit the Saint Anna lake. It is a bid cold but very beautiful! [...]D: n/a00
- Sfanta Vineri CathedralZalau travel tipsIf you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe. [...]D: n/a10
Things about Romania you may be interested in
Browse Romania travel tips by cities:Alba Iulia (1)Arieseni (3)Baia Mare (1)Baile Felix (3)Bistrita (1)Brasov (12)Bucharest (2)Chiscau (3)Cluj-napoca (6)Covasna (6)Deva (1)Dobresti (1)Mamaia (1)Navodari (1)Oradea (12)Satu Mare (2)Sibiu (3)Sighisoara (1)Timisoara (1)Tusnad (2)Zalau (1)
More travel tips you might be interested in
Bring plenty of cash, clubbing is very expensive and so are restaurants and all shops. Make sure you get to see the Marc Chagall windows at the...
General: Visiting Zurich
Easter in Egypt Package - Egypt Tour $ 949 per person and single supplement is $ 320 DAY 01: THU 05 APRIL - Upon arrival at Cairo...
General: Easter egypt package $949
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
The Wailing Wall or Western Wall is a world famous site of Jerusalem. This is the last remaining wall of Herod's Temple destroyed by the Romans. ...
Sightseeing: The Wailing Wall
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
A favorite haven for nature lovers and adventure seekers. An all-in-one tourist destination, you can savor nature at its best... powdery-white...
Sightseeing: Philippines' all-in-one tourist destination
El Paso, Texas
Resembling mostly a warehouse or a wholesale store, the El Paso Saddleblanket has a wide variety of Mexican products, each one unique and well,...
Shopping: El Paso Saddleblanket
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe
For the best breakfast dishes in town, you definitely have to go to T G Eggington's, their food is the best in the whole area. If you plan on...
Food: T G Eggington's