The Inner City, Sighisoara, Romania
Travel tips > Europe > Romania > Sighisoara > The Inner City
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It's like you are walking in a middle age city. Narrow cobbled streets, stone houses, old churches and the castle in the center.
It's incredible that almost every building here has a plate with the inscription 'Historical Monument'. The locals also tend to preserve everything as it originally was. You can see two-three hundred year old wooden and metal gates and doors.
If you have some time in Romania, Sighisoara is one of the places you should definitely visit, it's like a little fairy tale! :)
Walking is for free. :)
Recent travel tips for Romania
- From Sfantu Gheorghe to Covasna, by minibusArriving to Covasna from Sfantu Gheorghe is an easy task, the easiest way being by minibus. A transport company called Ecosil has 7-9 connections per day (7 in the weekends) and a ticket costs 5.5 LEI (about 1.3 euros). The timetables are [...]D: n/a10
- Public transportation is betterIf you are in Oradea better to travel with tramways or on foot, the roads are really jammed, especially from 12 o'clock to 17 o'clock [...]D: n/a30
- Airport TransferThe best way to get to the city from the airport is by Taxi. Also, once you are in the city, the best way to travel is again by taxi, it's cheap and they don't rip you off ever. [...]D: 4.6mi20
- 'Cabana Art' pension in ArieseniIf you'd like to stay more than just one day, I advise you the 'Cabana Art' hotel which is about 400 meters from the ski trails (half of the road can be made on ski). This is not really a hotel... it's somewhere between a hotel and a [...]D: n/a00
- Brasov connection to CovasnaFrom Covasna to Brasov there are only 51 Km, and there are about 5 connections per day with buses or microbuses. Personally I was with Ecosil, the trip cost about 3.3 dollars (2.5 euros) and it took less than an hour and a half. With the [...]D: n/a00
Things about Sighisoara you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
If you are at the Lake Saint Ana, it has a great Bell Vedere point, from it you can se the entire lake
General: Lake Saint Ana
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
Belen, New Mexico
Local artist Zack Meyer and his crew are decorating the buildings of downtown Belen with colorful murals. There's something for everyone...
Sightseeing: Belen Murals
Buffalo, New York
Though it may not be a big museum, the Buffalo Museum of Science is still an interactive facility worth visiting. Children of all ages can find...
Family & Fun: Buffalo Museum of Science
The most wonderful and entertaining place to take your kids while on holiday in Cincinnati is the Duke Energy Children's Museum in the...
Family & Fun: Duke Energy Children's Museum
Key West, Florida
You don't always have the opportunity to stay at an Inn that has been the dwelling place of millionaires during the winter months. So when we heard...
History & Culture: The Curry Mansion in Key West