Veitsburg, Basilika and Wolfegg Castle, Ravensburg, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Ravensburg > Veitsburg, Basilika and Wolfegg Castle
- General travel tip
- City center
Climb one of the towers and go up to the so called Veitsburg where you'll have a nice view over the entire valley where Ravensburg is located. Also, plan a trip to the Basilika in Weingarten (10min away), to the Waldburg (20min away) and Wolfegg Castle (20min away). All of those places are typical. A little further away (30min-1hr) is Lindau, the Pfänder mountain, Lake Constance, Meersburg, and of course the beautiful Alpes.
Recent travel tips for Ravensburg
- Rutenfest in JulyIf you want to enjoy the most Ravensburg hast got to offer, come there in july, when the 'Rutenfest' is being celebrated. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- HumpismuseumIf you are at Ravensburg and you like history, you´have to visit the city`s new mseum, called Humpis Museum. It´s name derives from an old medieval trading company. There you can see the history of the town, connected with the family [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Cafe centralIf you like frinkimng a cup of coffe or eat good food in a quiet and good looking restaurant and bar. It lies directly in the medieval city center of Ravensburg and the view is great. [...]D: 0.1mi00
- MarienplatzThe Marienplatz is the center of the city and it's always nice to walk around, grab coffee or go shopping. There are lots of people on Saturdays due to the weekly market. When in Ravensburg, you can't miss the Marienplatz. [...]D: 0.2mi00
- BlaserturmThis is a great site in the middle of the city. It's one of the 11 towers in the city and you are allowed to climb it, so when you are in Ravensburg, you should do it. It's about 200 stairs to the top, quite tiring, but well worth it. From [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Ravensburg you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Forstau is ideal for families with small kids. There are some great skischools where you can left your kids from 10am till 3pm. They take care for...
Family & Fun: Ski Vacation with Kids
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
The shopping street called the 'Zeil' offers you all you can buy.
General: Shopping in the city center
This is the little promenade of Wyk auf Föhr. There is some nice scenary as well as neat little cafes. You should try a fish or crab soup at...
Sightseeing: Wyk auf Föhr Promenade
Close to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on...
Food: St. Guilhem le Désert
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
In this area, called 'cinque terre', you can take wounderful walks in the nature. You can start in the coastal town Levanto and wander to for exte...
General: Cinque terre
The Angio d'Or, ot Golden Angel is a very nice little place with acceptable prices. The atmosphere is very intimate and I was told that the...
Food: Angiol d'Or
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral