Lyon Travel Tips, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Lyon travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Lyon travel tip categories:
- General (1)
- History & Culture (3)
- Sightseeing (5)
Browse Lyon travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Lyon travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Lyon or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Lyon travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Lyon
- Silk workshopSilk is manufactured in Lyon since the 16th century. They make beautiful things of skill, it must be one of the best jobs. :) The workshop can be visited only by groups of 40-50 people, but if you have the chance to get into a group, [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Historical Museum and Puppet MuseumThe two museums are in the same building, one of the most impressive Renaissance mansions in Lyon built at the beginning of the 16the century. The Historical Museum of Lyon is like telling the story of the city and its people from the [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Place BellecourPlace Bellecour is one of the largest squares in Europe. It is located between the rivers Rhone and Saone and it's really huge. Right in the center of the square you will find the statue of King Luis XIV on horseback created by the [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Hotel de VilleThe City Hall was built in its present form by Jules Hardouin-Mansart in the year 1700. Check the gardens inside. No public access inside the building [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Local roman museumIf you are at Lyon, you shoould visit the roman museum. It´is well done regarding the museums exhibiton and it also has got an open air area. There you can see a piece of the roman city Lugdunum, today Lyon. It´s worth avisit. [...]D: 1mi00
- Musee Historique des TissusThe most important museum shows pieces of textil art. Besides modern pieces are a lot of hundreds of years old exemplars too. [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Basilique Saint-Martin-d'AinayLion's oldest church, inauguration in 1107 is built in roman style. The round pillars are from a church form Rome. [...]D: 0.6mi10
- Cathedrale Saint-JeanBuilt from the 12th to the 14th century. It's a mixture of roman and gothic style. [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Roman museumVisit the archaeological museum of Lyon. It has got a good open air part, with partly restored city quarters. Tel.: 04 72 38 81 90 [...]D: 1mi00
Things about Lyon you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Recent Lyon flights found by Travelgrove users
- $1251 Multiple Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Lyon, FR (LYS) 07/27/2022 03:15 pm Lyon, FR (LYS) Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 08/06/2022 01:15 pm
- $1265 Multiple Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Lyon, FR (LYS) 07/27/2022 06:40 pm Lyon, FR (LYS) Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 08/06/2022 01:15 pm
- $1364 Multiple Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Lyon, FR (LYS) 07/05/2022 09:55 am Lyon, FR (LYS) Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 07/11/2022 12:55 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
If you are holidaying on a budget but don’t want to compromise on quality, our Sydney hotel deal for tonight is perfect for you. Our hotels in...
General: Sydney Hotel Deals for Tonight
When people go to Spain they usually think about the Spanish food, and in Madrid the most typical thing to eat are Churros. The only problem is...
Food: Chocolatería San Ginés
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
I can warmly recommend you to go on a river cruise if you are in Dublin using the Liffey River Cruise. It is a great tour of about 45-50 minutes...
Sightseeing: Dublin view from the river
It's the most beautiful local that i have seen in Rimini. you can eat, drink, dance, listen live music,....
Night Life & Entertainment: Restaurant Pizzeria Discopub BOUNTY
This church has become a sort of visiting card for Vilnius. It is considered to be the masterpiece of late Lithuanian Gothic. It's a must to see...
Sightseeing: St. Ann's Church
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
This Museum is a great place to know more about the Chinese origin in Johor Bahru. This would be the ideal place if you would like to know more...
History & Culture: Chinese Heritage Muesum
The Park of Rose is the most beautiful park from Timisoara, which was founded in 1891. There you can see very many different species of flowers.
Family & Fun: Roses park
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus