Silk workshop, Lyon, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Lyon > Silk workshop
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The workshop can be visited only by groups of 40-50 people, but if you have the chance to get into a group, don't miss it.
They will explain in details how to work with silk and also show the phases from the weaving to the colored silk scarf.
They work with a modern techniques and transform a white piece of silk into a beautiful scarf. But some of the fine painting is still made with handwork, great, isn't it?
You can also buy silk things there, scarfs, handkerchiefs, ties, they are wonderful, but very expensive.
4 Euros per person
Monday to Friday: 9:00am to 12:00am and 2:00pm to 7:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 6:00pm
Recent travel tips for Lyon
- Basilique Saint-Martin-d'AinayLion's oldest church, inauguration in 1107 is built in roman style. The round pillars are from a church form Rome. [...]D: 0.6mi10
- Musee Historique des TissusThe most important museum shows pieces of textil art. Besides modern pieces are a lot of hundreds of years old exemplars too. [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Place BellecourPlace Bellecour is one of the largest squares in Europe. It is located between the rivers Rhone and Saone and it's really huge. Right in the center of the square you will find the statue of King Luis XIV on horseback created by the [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Hotel de VilleThe City Hall was built in its present form by Jules Hardouin-Mansart in the year 1700. Check the gardens inside. No public access inside the building [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Cathedrale Saint-JeanBuilt from the 12th to the 14th century. It's a mixture of roman and gothic style. [...]D: 1.1mi00
Things about Lyon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
Oxford, United Kingdom
Go and see this very nice pub, the Eagle & Child in Oxford. If you like fantasy novels, you should visit it, because JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis used...
Food: Eagle & Child pub in Oxford
If you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic...
Beaches : Places to stay in Amaliapolis
If you are at Plitvice you should definitely take a look at the lakes of Plitvice. They are gorgeous and also famous through the german Winnetou...
Outdoors Activities: Famous Lakes, also known from the old Winnetou films
Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary is on the way from Mysore to Sultan Bathery. It is spread over 344 square kms. and is about 16 km east of Sultan...
Outdoors Activities: Muthanga wild life sanctuary
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
If you are in Brasov between 2nd and 7th September 2009, you really have to check out the “GOLDEN STAG” International Music Festival, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: "Golden Stag" International Music Festival in Brasov
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT
Even though you might not be a real railroad fan, the California State Railroad Museum is still a place that you can easily visit without getting...
History & Culture: California State Railroad Museum