Silk workshop, Lyon, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Lyon > Silk workshop
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The workshop can be visited only by groups of 40-50 people, but if you have the chance to get into a group, don't miss it.
They will explain in details how to work with silk and also show the phases from the weaving to the colored silk scarf.
They work with a modern techniques and transform a white piece of silk into a beautiful scarf. But some of the fine painting is still made with handwork, great, isn't it?
You can also buy silk things there, scarfs, handkerchiefs, ties, they are wonderful, but very expensive.
4 Euros per person
Monday to Friday: 9:00am to 12:00am and 2:00pm to 7:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 6:00pm
Recent travel tips for Lyon
- Place BellecourPlace Bellecour is one of the largest squares in Europe. It is located between the rivers Rhone and Saone and it's really huge. Right in the center of the square you will find the statue of King Luis XIV on horseback created by the [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Local roman museumIf you are at Lyon, you shoould visit the roman museum. It´is well done regarding the museums exhibiton and it also has got an open air area. There you can see a piece of the roman city Lugdunum, today Lyon. It´s worth avisit. [...]D: 1mi00
- Musee Historique des TissusThe most important museum shows pieces of textil art. Besides modern pieces are a lot of hundreds of years old exemplars too. [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Basilique Saint-Martin-d'AinayLion's oldest church, inauguration in 1107 is built in roman style. The round pillars are from a church form Rome. [...]D: 0.6mi10
- Historical Museum and Puppet MuseumThe two museums are in the same building, one of the most impressive Renaissance mansions in Lyon built at the beginning of the 16the century. The Historical Museum of Lyon is like telling the story of the city and its people from the [...]D: 1.2mi00
Things about Lyon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Stuttgart, you should visit the Landesmuseum, situated in the old castle in the city center. There are several exceptional exhibits,...
History & Culture: Landesmuseum of Stuttgart
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
Brewery restaurant Teerenpeli is a great place for drink in Lahti. They brew their on beer and cider. Teerenpeli is also one of the...
Food: Teerenpeli - Best place for a pint
The Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic...
History & Culture: Cathedral Notre Dame
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
In recent years, Iceland’s capital, Reykjavik, has emerged as a hip different to major European powerhouses, like Paris and Rome. full with...
Night Life & Entertainment: The Best of Reykjavik
Monforte D'alba, Italy
Some parts of the estate are as old as 1600, it is really a nice place, you can see how an Italian estate looked like hundred years ago. The...
Food: Azienda agricola Fantino Alessandro e Gian Natale
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
With interesting and hands-on exhibitions not to mention feeding and petting areas, the Oakland Zoo is a fun and great place for kids and friend...
Family & Fun: Oakland Zoo
If you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway,...
Outdoors Activities: Mountains and nature