Historical Museum and Puppet Museum, Lyon, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Lyon > Historical Museum and Puppet Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Historical Museum of Lyon is like telling the story of the city and its people from the Middle Ages. You can see here paintings and sculptures, but also beautiful furniture and even recorded stories.
The International Puppet Museum is very nice as well. They have all kinds of puppets, like marionettes, hand puppets, stick puppets and a great Punch and Judy! They have puppets from countries like Japan, Cambodia, Russia and many others. I loved it!
Rue du Gadagne 14
Adults: 6 Euros
From Wednesday to Sunday from 11:00am to 6:30pm.
Recent travel tips for Lyon
- Musee Historique des TissusThe most important museum shows pieces of textil art. Besides modern pieces are a lot of hundreds of years old exemplars too. [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Basilique Saint-Martin-d'AinayLion's oldest church, inauguration in 1107 is built in roman style. The round pillars are from a church form Rome. [...]D: 0.6mi10
- Place BellecourPlace Bellecour is one of the largest squares in Europe. It is located between the rivers Rhone and Saone and it's really huge. Right in the center of the square you will find the statue of King Luis XIV on horseback created by the [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Silk workshopSilk is manufactured in Lyon since the 16th century. They make beautiful things of skill, it must be one of the best jobs. :) The workshop can be visited only by groups of 40-50 people, but if you have the chance to get into a group, [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Hotel de VilleThe City Hall was built in its present form by Jules Hardouin-Mansart in the year 1700. Check the gardens inside. No public access inside the building [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Lyon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
One great place to go for breakfast in Ravensburg is the new Babiole. It's located in the city center and most people know it by now. The place is...
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi I travel to Tel Aviv several times a year and I have found that renting an apartment for short term is much cheaper than renting a hotel room...
General: Recommendation for accommodation in Tel Aviv
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
Visit Bratislava in November or December if you would like to see all the streets decorated, beautiful Christmas trees on the squares and of course...
Family & Fun: Christmas Market, Bratislava
There are so many interesting and fun places to go with families and kids, and the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh is one the best. Though...
Family & Fun: Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Though not the biggest park in Saint Paul, Rice Park is still the place to go if you need a bit of tranquility and want to marvel on beauty. What...
Sightseeing: Rice Park
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz
Da Nang, Vietnam
If you are keen on to spend a holiday to Vietnam a bit different from usual itineraries that almost everyone follow it then there’s something...
Sightseeing: Motorbike holiday to Vietnam