Historical Museum and Puppet Museum, Lyon, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Lyon > Historical Museum and Puppet Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Historical Museum of Lyon is like telling the story of the city and its people from the Middle Ages. You can see here paintings and sculptures, but also beautiful furniture and even recorded stories.
The International Puppet Museum is very nice as well. They have all kinds of puppets, like marionettes, hand puppets, stick puppets and a great Punch and Judy! They have puppets from countries like Japan, Cambodia, Russia and many others. I loved it!
Rue du Gadagne 14
Adults: 6 Euros
From Wednesday to Sunday from 11:00am to 6:30pm.
Recent travel tips for Lyon
- Silk workshopSilk is manufactured in Lyon since the 16th century. They make beautiful things of skill, it must be one of the best jobs. :) The workshop can be visited only by groups of 40-50 people, but if you have the chance to get into a group, [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Basilique Saint-Martin-d'AinayLion's oldest church, inauguration in 1107 is built in roman style. The round pillars are from a church form Rome. [...]D: 0.6mi10
- Hotel de VilleThe City Hall was built in its present form by Jules Hardouin-Mansart in the year 1700. Check the gardens inside. No public access inside the building [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Musee Historique des TissusThe most important museum shows pieces of textil art. Besides modern pieces are a lot of hundreds of years old exemplars too. [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Local roman museumIf you are at Lyon, you shoould visit the roman museum. It´is well done regarding the museums exhibiton and it also has got an open air area. There you can see a piece of the roman city Lugdunum, today Lyon. It´s worth avisit. [...]D: 1mi00
Things about Lyon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Bring plenty of cash, clubbing is very expensive and so are restaurants and all shops. Make sure you get to see the Marc Chagall windows at the...
General: Visiting Zurich
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
Founded by a Spanish man, Jaime Partagas, in 1845, this cigar factory is one the largest and most famous in Cuba. Visiting the factory is a must...
Sightseeing: Fabrica de Tabaco Partagas
If you want to enjoy the most Ravensburg hast got to offer, come there in july, when the 'Rutenfest' is being celebrated.
General: Rutenfest in July
Small does not necessary mean boring. Covasna proves this theory. When I say this, among many things, I think about the nightlife here. Even if...
Night Life & Entertainment: Covasna's only disco (but it's worth a lot)
Satu Mare, Romania
If you want to sleep a night or two in Satu Mare you can go to the two most known hotels, Dacia Hotel and Aurora Hotel wich are located in the...
General: Venues accommodation in Satu Mare, Hotel Alma spa
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
Kansas City, Missouri
Dedicated to commercial planes, 'conies', the Airline History Museum has quite many interesting facts to offer to plane-freaks, airline...
History & Culture: Airline History Museum
San Antonio, Texas
Either make a stroll down the San Antonio Riverwalk, or go on a lunch/dinner cruise, or visit one of its highlights, maybe take part on an event, a...
Outdoors Activities: San Antonio Riverwalk
Novi Sad, Serbia
This is a public beach, one of the most beautiful on the Danube river. There are many cafes, restaurants fast food, and manysupporting facilities...
Beaches : Shtrand - Public Beach