Place Bellecour, Lyon, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Lyon > Place Bellecour
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Right in the center of the square you will find the statue of King Luis XIV on horseback created by the French sculptor, Francois Lemot.
Also here is the office of the tourist bureau where you can get maps and guidebooks and buy tickets for everything in the city.
There are great shops, bookstores, bars and restaurants around the square. Some of these latter having really special dishes made of every kinds of fish.
How to get there:
Take the metro, nearby station is Bellecour.
Recent travel tips for Lyon
- Roman museumVisit the archaeological museum of Lyon. It has got a good open air part, with partly restored city quarters. Tel.: 04 72 38 81 90 [...]D: 1mi00
- Silk workshopSilk is manufactured in Lyon since the 16th century. They make beautiful things of skill, it must be one of the best jobs. :) The workshop can be visited only by groups of 40-50 people, but if you have the chance to get into a group, [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Hotel de VilleThe City Hall was built in its present form by Jules Hardouin-Mansart in the year 1700. Check the gardens inside. No public access inside the building [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Cathedrale Saint-JeanBuilt from the 12th to the 14th century. It's a mixture of roman and gothic style. [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Historical Museum and Puppet MuseumThe two museums are in the same building, one of the most impressive Renaissance mansions in Lyon built at the beginning of the 16the century. The Historical Museum of Lyon is like telling the story of the city and its people from the [...]D: 1.2mi00
Things about Lyon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
St. Joseph's Oratory has been founded by Brother Andre, a man considered to be a humble, modern-day miracle maker at the beginning of the 20th...
History & Culture: St. Joseph's Oratory
Brief Introduction of Yangshuo: Yangshuo is famous for its picturesque landscape and the hopping West Street. Here you must be absorbed in the...
Sightseeing: Different Li River in Different Seasons.
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
Indroda Park is quite an old park on the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Highway spread in over 400 hectares on the bank of river Sabarmati. It is...
Outdoors Activities: Indroda Park
The theater of the Phoenix has truly lived up to its reputation, rising from the ashes and becoming one of the prestigious opera houses in Venice....
History & Culture: Teatro La Fenice
If you'd like to go to ski but you don't have equipment for it, don't worry! On the way to the ski trails many little 'shops' are opened from where...
Outdoors Activities: Renting skis in Arieseni
Though Arlington is not one of the bigger cities, it sure has great dining places. Papasito's Cantina has the best Tex-Mex cuisine all around...
Food: Pappasito's Cantina
Key West, Florida
Though it is a bit far for only a dinner (you have to travel by ferry about half an hour if you go from Key West Hilton), the Cafe is set in a...
Food: Latitudes Beach Café in Key West
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.