Washington Travel Tips, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Washington travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (7)
- Night Life & Entertainment (2)
- Outdoors Activities (2)
- Food (6)
- Sightseeing (1)
- Public Transportation (2)
Browse Washington travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Washington travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Washington or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Washington travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Chocolate Tour Of Washington DCD.C. is a destination for decadent dessert boutiques and chocolatiers, and you can put that statement to the (taste) test with today's deal from Great Food Tours. The Chocolate City Tour is the most sought after tour in Washington, D.C. Our [...]D: 0.8mi00
- 9:30 Club in WashingtonFor a lively, fun night out 9:30 Club is the place to be. They provide great music with in a variety of styles. The main advantage of the club is that it is quite close to the metro so you can stay and dance all night long and however [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Frederick Douglass HomeVisiting (at least once) the home of the famous abolitionist, Frederick Douglas when you go to DC is compulsory! It is a beautiful still well-kept home with a rich history. Though you have to make a reservation in advance to enter the [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Sushi Taro in WashingtonSushi is such a Japanese food that you should try out even if you're not particularly interested in Japan or its culture. And for that I recommend in Washington the Sushi Taro restaurant. Their food is great, delicious, they have an [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Union StationI've seen the train station before its restoration and well, it looked shabby and time-worn with chunks falling down from its gables. Now, however the whole building looks amazing. There are shops and restaurants everywhere, it looks a [...]D: 1mi00
- National Arboretum in WashingtonTo be honest I went to visit the National Arboretum because of its bonzai collection, because I heard they are amazing and so beautiful. I wouldn't have thought that the tree groves and its gardens were so spectacular. And all this for free [...]D: n/a00
- Lauriol Plaza in WashingtonI wasn't very impressed with this place at all. I tried out the food, because it smelled good and okay, it was pretty tasty. One plus was that their Killer Daiquiri was delicious. But I don't know what is so special about the Plaza. It [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Lincoln Memorial in WashingtonThe huge 19-foot tall white marble statue of Abraham Lincoln is a must-see sight in Washington. Whether you are a visitor or a local this place is perfect for meditation, relaxation or recap on history. It symbolizes freedom and the unity [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Kenilworth Park and Aquatic GardensWilderness and peacefulness combine in the Kenilworth Park on the Anacostia River and this mixture of different feelings made this park/garden my favorite place in DC. What makes this district more interesting is that less than a half [...]D: 4.5mi00
- International Spy MuseumSpying is for professionals and is a secret job, so when you're shown tools and things only spies used in the Cold War than that place becomes a must-see fro everyone. I was so excited to go to the International Spy Museum, because I've [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Holocaust Memorial MuseumAfter visiting a Holocaust historical museum you always get into a melancholic, sad, emotional state. This Museum in Washington was more depressing for me than any other I've seen. Maybe because it was especially built and designed in a way [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Dukem-Best Ethiopian Restaurant in DCThere are quite many restaurants in DC that serve Ethiopian food and many of these are quite good, but the number one among these is definitely Dukem. It was the first time I tried out the Ethiopian cuisine and because I heard from many [...]D: 0.3mi00
- The White HouseDefinitely the most famous attraction in Washington, the White House has attracted many visitors from all around the world. It is always amazing to see and experience the place where presidents live and where so many major decisions [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Eighteenth Street LoungeRedesigned from a rowhouse the Eighteenth Street Lounge is a great place to relax. Though not the fanciest place in DC it does look luxurious and they do have a decent dress code. It could also be a perfect place for a rendezvous because [...]D: 1mi00
- Arlington National CemeteryVisiting the resting places of heroes, and victims of war is always educational and makes you think about the past, history and your future. The Arlington National Cemetery in DC is memorial where veterans, military casualties, heroes [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Get a taste of Washington, DCHave the ultimate Washington experience! The most delightful views and delicious meals you can try by taking a lunch or dinner cruise on the Spirit Cruises. For a period of 2-3 hours you will taste the creative appetizers, entrees and [...]D: 1.6mi00
- The best place for lunch in Washington, DCThe Hotel Washington's Sky Terrace Restaurant has a stunning view over the city. The main attractions you can admire during lunch are the White House, the Treasury building ....and some Secret Service agents spying on you! Service is not [...]D: 0.7mi00
- The SmithsonianThe Smithsonian Institution and its museums are not to be missed while visiting Washington. The most preferred ones are the Museum of Air and Space and Natural History. For detailed information, go to 'The Castle', a red building on the [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Smithsonian MuseumsSmithsonian Museums have the largest collection in the world of different areas of culture. 13 out of the 18 Smithsonian Museums are in Washington. Each of them has very wide and interesting collections from the area they deal with. My [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Better walkDitch the metro and walk, everything is much closer then the metro map lets on. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
Recent Washington DC flights found by Travelgrove users
- $214 Porter Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Montreal, QC (YUL) Washington DC, DC (IAD) 09/11/2018 06:40 am Washington DC, DC (IAD) Montreal, QC (YUL) 09/21/2018 03:20 pm
- $215 United Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Richmond, VA (RIC) Washington DC, DC (IAD) 08/18/2018 08:30 pm Washington DC, DC (IAD) Richmond, VA (RIC) 08/28/2018 12:30 pm
- $223 Multiple Airlines
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time New Orleans, LA (MSY) Washington DC, DC (IAD) 09/09/2018 05:50 am Washington DC, DC (IAD) New Orleans, LA (MSY) 09/17/2018 06:43 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
We are one of the top traveling agencies in Cameroon managed by a group of Directors and personelle who are well experienced and versed with...
The Finnish have a knack for coming up with original ideas, even when it comes to something as traditional as churches. The Church in the Rock...
Sightseeing: The Church in the Rock
If you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the...
Public Transportation: Travel to Schinoussa
It is a world of its own! The west of India has its unique culture, history, people and places of interest that should be explored! There are so...
Family & Fun: Tourist Places in Gujarat
So it's that time of the year again when you've packed your bags and are raring to go and find yourself heading to God's Own Country – Kerala...
Beaches : Some Must-Do Activities On Your Trip To Kerala
There is nothing quite like riding over the beautiful Himalayan mountains on the iconic Royal Entfield – we invite you to come and discover...
Sports & Wellness : Motorcycle Tour to Ladakh & Leh
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
This was the most exciting cruise I've ever took with my family. My children just loved the role-playing game arranged by Urban Pirates on...
Family & Fun: Urban Pirates
This website has events in the area and things to do that are not amusement park or theme park related. Great if you're not the roller coaster type!
Family & Fun: Travel Resource
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The glaciers at Hintertux offers you a wide variety of ski runs, for every state of skill. ...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing