Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
What makes this district more interesting is that less than a half century ago the whole place was full of poisonous trash. So it's marvelous to see that such a dump site could transform into a wonderful land of lily pads that decorate the river, cranes that roam the ponds and turtles that swim along with their families or alone. Truly a magnificent site to visit.
I would like to return again for a whole day and just sit by the banks of the river with a book in my hands and while reading, listen to the sounds of the garden. :)
1550 Anacostia Ave NE, Washington, DC 20019, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Lauriol Plaza in WashingtonI wasn't very impressed with this place at all. I tried out the food, because it smelled good and okay, it was pretty tasty. One plus was that their Killer Daiquiri was delicious. But I don't know what is so special about the Plaza. It [...]D: 1.3mi00
- International Spy MuseumSpying is for professionals and is a secret job, so when you're shown tools and things only spies used in the Cold War than that place becomes a must-see fro everyone. I was so excited to go to the International Spy Museum, because I've [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Dukem-Best Ethiopian Restaurant in DCThere are quite many restaurants in DC that serve Ethiopian food and many of these are quite good, but the number one among these is definitely Dukem. It was the first time I tried out the Ethiopian cuisine and because I heard from many [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Frederick Douglass HomeVisiting (at least once) the home of the famous abolitionist, Frederick Douglas when you go to DC is compulsory! It is a beautiful still well-kept home with a rich history. Though you have to make a reservation in advance to enter the [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Eighteenth Street LoungeRedesigned from a rowhouse the Eighteenth Street Lounge is a great place to relax. Though not the fanciest place in DC it does look luxurious and they do have a decent dress code. It could also be a perfect place for a rendezvous because [...]D: 1mi00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi I travel to Tel Aviv several times a year and I have found that renting an apartment for short term is much cheaper than renting a hotel room...
General: Recommendation for accommodation in Tel Aviv
This institute is named after Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, which was founded in 1963. Vikram Sarabhai was an eminent space scientist. Vikram Sarabhai...
General: Community Science Center
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Check booking fares early & often The flight booking fares always fluctuate, so timing is everything to book a flight ticket. I recommend...
General: Minimal stop when flying
It is definitely a must if you are in the area. The museum and the city zoo are together, it's a perfect family program as well. The Skansen...
Outdoors Activities: Skansen open-air museum
Corpus Christi, Texas
I believe converting a bus stop into a cultural friendly community area is a very good idea. Just looking at the Staples Street Bus Station gave me...
Public Transportation: Staples Street Bus Station
Art museum, when packed with lots of exhibitions can be overwhelming and when you leave you feel you couldn't really remember everything. The...
History & Culture: Toledo Museum of Art