Frederick Douglass Home, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Frederick Douglass Home
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Though you have to make a reservation in advance to enter the home it is still worth it. Especially because the admission fee is not expensive and learning about the US's history interactively is educational and fun.
I, personally, am always happy to see an actual historical sight, because it brings you closer to the past, to history. Don't miss it!
1411 W St SE, Washington, DC 20020, USA
$1.50 for each reserved ticket.
School groups are charged a flat $5.00 fee for the entire group.
Open seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, December 25, and January 1st) from 9:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m.
How to get there:
From Downtown DC: Take Massachusetts Avenue east past Union Station and the Capitol. Continue until you get to 4th Street at Stanton Park. Go right on 4th; then proceed through 2 lights ( C Street and Constitution Avenue). Take the next right on A Street NE. You’ll see the museum’s red awning halfway down the block on the right, between 3rd and 4th Street.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Washington
- International Spy MuseumSpying is for professionals and is a secret job, so when you're shown tools and things only spies used in the Cold War than that place becomes a must-see fro everyone. I was so excited to go to the International Spy Museum, because I've [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Better walkDitch the metro and walk, everything is much closer then the metro map lets on. [...]D: n/a00
- Sushi Taro in WashingtonSushi is such a Japanese food that you should try out even if you're not particularly interested in Japan or its culture. And for that I recommend in Washington the Sushi Taro restaurant. Their food is great, delicious, they have an [...]D: 0.9mi00
- The best place for lunch in Washington, DCThe Hotel Washington's Sky Terrace Restaurant has a stunning view over the city. The main attractions you can admire during lunch are the White House, the Treasury building ....and some Secret Service agents spying on you! Service is not [...]D: 0.7mi00
- National Arboretum in WashingtonTo be honest I went to visit the National Arboretum because of its bonzai collection, because I heard they are amazing and so beautiful. I wouldn't have thought that the tree groves and its gardens were so spectacular. And all this for free [...]D: n/a00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Graz travel tips - Austria
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
Guilin travel tips - China
Brief Introduction of Yangshuo: Yangshuo is famous for its picturesque landscape and the hopping West Street. Here you must be absorbed in the...
Sightseeing: Different Li River in Different Seasons.
Potsdam travel tips - Germany
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
Helsinki travel tips - Finland
Sibelius is probably the most famous Finnish composer of classical music, and even if you don't particularly like his works, the monument...
Sightseeing: Sibelius Monument
Blesle travel tips - France
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
Orleans travel tips - France
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
Schoinas travel tips - Greece
If you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the...
Public Transportation: Travel to Schinoussa
Tripoli travel tips - Libya
Badiatravel Inbound Agency based in Tripoli
Casablanca travel tips - Morocco
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
Belgrad travel tips - Serbia
Furnished Apartment 45 sqm for Daily- weekly renting on attractive touristic and business location in BELVILLE Delta City New Belgrade Serbia. ...
Night Life & Entertainment: Visit Belgrade