Frederick Douglass Home, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Frederick Douglass Home
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Though you have to make a reservation in advance to enter the home it is still worth it. Especially because the admission fee is not expensive and learning about the US's history interactively is educational and fun.
I, personally, am always happy to see an actual historical sight, because it brings you closer to the past, to history. Don't miss it!
1411 W St SE, Washington, DC 20020, USA
$1.50 for each reserved ticket.
School groups are charged a flat $5.00 fee for the entire group.
Open seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, December 25, and January 1st) from 9:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m.
How to get there:
From Downtown DC: Take Massachusetts Avenue east past Union Station and the Capitol. Continue until you get to 4th Street at Stanton Park. Go right on 4th; then proceed through 2 lights ( C Street and Constitution Avenue). Take the next right on A Street NE. You’ll see the museum’s red awning halfway down the block on the right, between 3rd and 4th Street.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Chocolate Tour Of Washington DCD.C. is a destination for decadent dessert boutiques and chocolatiers, and you can put that statement to the (taste) test with today's deal from Great Food Tours. The Chocolate City Tour is the most sought after tour in Washington, D.C. Our [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Sushi Taro in WashingtonSushi is such a Japanese food that you should try out even if you're not particularly interested in Japan or its culture. And for that I recommend in Washington the Sushi Taro restaurant. Their food is great, delicious, they have an [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Arlington National CemeteryVisiting the resting places of heroes, and victims of war is always educational and makes you think about the past, history and your future. The Arlington National Cemetery in DC is memorial where veterans, military casualties, heroes [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Kenilworth Park and Aquatic GardensWilderness and peacefulness combine in the Kenilworth Park on the Anacostia River and this mixture of different feelings made this park/garden my favorite place in DC. What makes this district more interesting is that less than a half [...]D: 4.5mi00
- The White HouseDefinitely the most famous attraction in Washington, the White House has attracted many visitors from all around the world. It is always amazing to see and experience the place where presidents live and where so many major decisions [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
There are many beautiful and well preserved Victorian houses in Charlottetown, but most of them are private property and people live in them so you...
History & Culture: Beaconsfield Historic House
If you want to buy some food but you don't want to pay as much as you would have to in Paralia, I suggest you to try that small supermarket we used...
Shopping: Cheap supermarket near Paralia
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
Tour 1 – Ancient Heritage between Sea and Desert First Day Arrival in Tripoli and Transfer to Gharian. Second Day We’ll visit the ancient...
Night Life & Entertainment: Desertakakus
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
Hi, Antalya is a very beautiful place and the environment here is very refreshing. It Attracts the visitors from all over the world. So One needs a...
Public Transportation: Reach your final destination safely and comfortably.
The best part of Belgrade nightlife is that they have a special focus on winter and summer clubs, so you have an idea how much effort they put on...
Night Life & Entertainment: The nightlife highlights
With a wide variety of dishes both for lunch and dinner, the Sunset Grill is a popular destination. They have everything one could desire, except...
Food: Sunset Grill
Betsy Ross is a true American icon, because according to its descendants, she was the one who sew the first national flag of the United States. The...
History & Culture: The Betsy Ross House
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide