Frederick Douglass Home, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Frederick Douglass Home
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Though you have to make a reservation in advance to enter the home it is still worth it. Especially because the admission fee is not expensive and learning about the US's history interactively is educational and fun.
I, personally, am always happy to see an actual historical sight, because it brings you closer to the past, to history. Don't miss it!
1411 W St SE, Washington, DC 20020, USA
$1.50 for each reserved ticket.
School groups are charged a flat $5.00 fee for the entire group.
Open seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, December 25, and January 1st) from 9:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m.
How to get there:
From Downtown DC: Take Massachusetts Avenue east past Union Station and the Capitol. Continue until you get to 4th Street at Stanton Park. Go right on 4th; then proceed through 2 lights ( C Street and Constitution Avenue). Take the next right on A Street NE. You’ll see the museum’s red awning halfway down the block on the right, between 3rd and 4th Street.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Kenilworth Park and Aquatic GardensWilderness and peacefulness combine in the Kenilworth Park on the Anacostia River and this mixture of different feelings made this park/garden my favorite place in DC. What makes this district more interesting is that less than a half [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Union StationI've seen the train station before its restoration and well, it looked shabby and time-worn with chunks falling down from its gables. Now, however the whole building looks amazing. There are shops and restaurants everywhere, it looks a [...]D: 1mi00
- Eighteenth Street LoungeRedesigned from a rowhouse the Eighteenth Street Lounge is a great place to relax. Though not the fanciest place in DC it does look luxurious and they do have a decent dress code. It could also be a perfect place for a rendezvous because [...]D: 1mi00
- Dukem-Best Ethiopian Restaurant in DCThere are quite many restaurants in DC that serve Ethiopian food and many of these are quite good, but the number one among these is definitely Dukem. It was the first time I tried out the Ethiopian cuisine and because I heard from many [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Chocolate Tour Of Washington DCD.C. is a destination for decadent dessert boutiques and chocolatiers, and you can put that statement to the (taste) test with today's deal from Great Food Tours. The Chocolate City Tour is the most sought after tour in Washington, D.C. Our [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
It was a trip to the Entertainment Capital of the World; excitement was at its heights. It was not a bachelor party, neither a hush-hush...
Family & Fun: Reveling at Vegas – Getting Attracted to Distractions
It is a world of its own! The west of India has its unique culture, history, people and places of interest that should be explored! There are so...
Family & Fun: Tourist Places in Gujarat
Kanyakumari is the south most tip of india- Tour around Kanyakumari is a unique and wonderfull experince to the tourist. Most tourist attractive...
Sightseeing: Triveni Sungam
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
Colorado Springs, Colorado
There is much more to Colorado Springs than just the city. The North Cheyenne Canon Park provides the wild and nature-born side of the city with...
Outdoors Activities: North Cheyenne Canon Park