Frederick Douglass Home, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Frederick Douglass Home
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Though you have to make a reservation in advance to enter the home it is still worth it. Especially because the admission fee is not expensive and learning about the US's history interactively is educational and fun.
I, personally, am always happy to see an actual historical sight, because it brings you closer to the past, to history. Don't miss it!
1411 W St SE, Washington, DC 20020, USA
$1.50 for each reserved ticket.
School groups are charged a flat $5.00 fee for the entire group.
Open seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, December 25, and January 1st) from 9:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m.
How to get there:
From Downtown DC: Take Massachusetts Avenue east past Union Station and the Capitol. Continue until you get to 4th Street at Stanton Park. Go right on 4th; then proceed through 2 lights ( C Street and Constitution Avenue). Take the next right on A Street NE. You’ll see the museum’s red awning halfway down the block on the right, between 3rd and 4th Street.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Lincoln Memorial in WashingtonThe huge 19-foot tall white marble statue of Abraham Lincoln is a must-see sight in Washington. Whether you are a visitor or a local this place is perfect for meditation, relaxation or recap on history. It symbolizes freedom and the unity [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Lauriol Plaza in WashingtonI wasn't very impressed with this place at all. I tried out the food, because it smelled good and okay, it was pretty tasty. One plus was that their Killer Daiquiri was delicious. But I don't know what is so special about the Plaza. It [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Arlington National CemeteryVisiting the resting places of heroes, and victims of war is always educational and makes you think about the past, history and your future. The Arlington National Cemetery in DC is memorial where veterans, military casualties, heroes [...]D: 2.9mi00
- 9:30 Club in WashingtonFor a lively, fun night out 9:30 Club is the place to be. They provide great music with in a variety of styles. The main advantage of the club is that it is quite close to the metro so you can stay and dance all night long and however [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Kenilworth Park and Aquatic GardensWilderness and peacefulness combine in the Kenilworth Park on the Anacostia River and this mixture of different feelings made this park/garden my favorite place in DC. What makes this district more interesting is that less than a half [...]D: 4.5mi00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
One great place to go for breakfast in Ravensburg is the new Babiole. It's located in the city center and most people know it by now. The place is...
Sleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though
General: Sleep inside the caves
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
Budapest is a very nice city, I have been there many times. There are so many places which worth to be visited. Because Budapest is a crowded city...
General: Budapest Public Transport
If you happen to go to Kecskemét do not miss out the famous 'Cifrapalota' which will surely attract you with its beautiful folk-art-motifs. You...
Sightseeing: Cifrapalota, Kecskemet
Garnd Palace Restaurant is only 5 minutes from the city center by walking. It is very luxurious, but not very expensive. The furniture, the...
Food: Grand Palace
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
If you go to Tusnad don't miss to visit the Saint Anna lake. It is a bid cold but very beautiful!
Outdoors Activities: You must visit the St. Anna lake
Las Vegas, Nevada
To walk the strip and have on shoes that are comfortable for you ,like you are at home , not high heels , because everyone else has it on.
Sports & Wellness : Grammy platinum hommy