Frederick Douglass Home, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Frederick Douglass Home
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Though you have to make a reservation in advance to enter the home it is still worth it. Especially because the admission fee is not expensive and learning about the US's history interactively is educational and fun.
I, personally, am always happy to see an actual historical sight, because it brings you closer to the past, to history. Don't miss it!
1411 W St SE, Washington, DC 20020, USA
$1.50 for each reserved ticket.
School groups are charged a flat $5.00 fee for the entire group.
Open seven days a week (except Thanksgiving, December 25, and January 1st) from 9:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m.
How to get there:
From Downtown DC: Take Massachusetts Avenue east past Union Station and the Capitol. Continue until you get to 4th Street at Stanton Park. Go right on 4th; then proceed through 2 lights ( C Street and Constitution Avenue). Take the next right on A Street NE. You’ll see the museum’s red awning halfway down the block on the right, between 3rd and 4th Street.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Better walkDitch the metro and walk, everything is much closer then the metro map lets on. [...]D: n/a00
- International Spy MuseumSpying is for professionals and is a secret job, so when you're shown tools and things only spies used in the Cold War than that place becomes a must-see fro everyone. I was so excited to go to the International Spy Museum, because I've [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Arlington National CemeteryVisiting the resting places of heroes, and victims of war is always educational and makes you think about the past, history and your future. The Arlington National Cemetery in DC is memorial where veterans, military casualties, heroes [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Smithsonian MuseumsSmithsonian Museums have the largest collection in the world of different areas of culture. 13 out of the 18 Smithsonian Museums are in Washington. Each of them has very wide and interesting collections from the area they deal with. My [...]D: 0.8mi10
- The SmithsonianThe Smithsonian Institution and its museums are not to be missed while visiting Washington. The most preferred ones are the Museum of Air and Space and Natural History. For detailed information, go to 'The Castle', a red building on the [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
Good nightlife there, because of the university. Visit one of the local student pubs.
Night Life & Entertainment: Nightlife in Wurzburg
This is the little promenade of Wyk auf Föhr. There is some nice scenary as well as neat little cafes. You should try a fish or crab soup at...
Sightseeing: Wyk auf Föhr Promenade
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
10 Day Irresistible Egypt 10 Day Irresistible Egypt Featuring the Oberoi Mena House and m/s Radamis I Three Departures Only ITINERARY DAY 01...
History & Culture: 10 days irresistible egypt with all airfare $
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
You should go to the 'ristorante da fratellis', located near the 'via nationale'.
General: My favourite restaurant
The best time to of the year for booking a Myanmar tours specially for an Irrawaddy cruise holiday would be during the cool and dry season when the...
Outdoors Activities: Best Time for Irrawaddy Cruise experience
An amazing experience we had with Fast Eddie Bike Tours when we explored the rural areas around the city. There are so many scenic places and...
Outdoors Activities: Fast Eddie Bike Tours
San Francisco, California
Hidden in the back of Pier 45 is an warehouse converted into an old arcade Museum. Featuring a variety of games dating back to the early 1900's....
Family & Fun: Musée Mécanique