Dukem-Best Ethiopian Restaurant in DC, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Dukem-Best Ethiopian Restaurant in DC
- Food travel tip
- City center
It was the first time I tried out the Ethiopian cuisine and because I heard from many locals that Dukem is the place to go, I took their advice. I wasn't disappointed, it was really excellent.I ordered the special tibs and the doro wat; they looked interesting and tasted heavenly. Loved it!
I will try out some other specialties next time I go back, like the Dukem Kitfo for example (beef tartar with cheese and herbal butter). :)
1114 12th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
Not so pricey.
Sunday - Thursday 11am - 2am
Friday - Saturday 11am - 3am
How to get there:
(Corner of 12 St. & U St. NW) Located next to the Cordoza U Street metro station.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Kenilworth Park and Aquatic GardensWilderness and peacefulness combine in the Kenilworth Park on the Anacostia River and this mixture of different feelings made this park/garden my favorite place in DC. What makes this district more interesting is that less than a half [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Frederick Douglass HomeVisiting (at least once) the home of the famous abolitionist, Frederick Douglas when you go to DC is compulsory! It is a beautiful still well-kept home with a rich history. Though you have to make a reservation in advance to enter the [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Holocaust Memorial MuseumAfter visiting a Holocaust historical museum you always get into a melancholic, sad, emotional state. This Museum in Washington was more depressing for me than any other I've seen. Maybe because it was especially built and designed in a way [...]D: 1.3mi00
- 9:30 Club in WashingtonFor a lively, fun night out 9:30 Club is the place to be. They provide great music with in a variety of styles. The main advantage of the club is that it is quite close to the metro so you can stay and dance all night long and however [...]D: 1.1mi00
- National Arboretum in WashingtonTo be honest I went to visit the National Arboretum because of its bonzai collection, because I heard they are amazing and so beautiful. I wouldn't have thought that the tree groves and its gardens were so spectacular. And all this for free [...]D: n/a00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Berlin has got 15 S-Bahn lines, 9 U-Bahn lines, more than 140 bus lines, more than 20 tram lines and several ferry lines as well, so you can...
Public Transportation: Understand the system
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
Because Decathlon is originating from Lille, the famous sports selling brand has near Lille (in fact it's inside it's Metropolitan Area) the...
Close to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on...
Food: St. Guilhem le Désert
If you want to go to Dhelfoi, and you´ve got no car, check the bus and train schedules, otherwise you can suddenly be stuck for hours in the...
Public Transportation: Check the bus and train schedules
If you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes...
History & Culture: Archaeological museum of Iraklio
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
The heart of Aurora is packed with restaurants, bars, shops and malls. You can get some souvenirs for your loved ones who stayed home, or just some...
Shopping: Aurora City Place
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach