Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Holocaust Memorial Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Museum holds one of the biggest collections interviews, testimonies, archival documents and photographs. They all take you back in a time of fear, desperation and hopelessness.
Though the Museum has exhibits on four floors and I could have spent hours inside, I couldn't stay more than a couple of hours. It is always educational to visit such a museum, I don't deny that but for me only a few hours was enough of U.S. Holocaust Museum.
Raoul Wallenberg Pl, Washington, DC 20024, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Arlington National CemeteryVisiting the resting places of heroes, and victims of war is always educational and makes you think about the past, history and your future. The Arlington National Cemetery in DC is memorial where veterans, military casualties, heroes [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Smithsonian MuseumsSmithsonian Museums have the largest collection in the world of different areas of culture. 13 out of the 18 Smithsonian Museums are in Washington. Each of them has very wide and interesting collections from the area they deal with. My [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Union StationI've seen the train station before its restoration and well, it looked shabby and time-worn with chunks falling down from its gables. Now, however the whole building looks amazing. There are shops and restaurants everywhere, it looks a [...]D: 1mi00
- Lauriol Plaza in WashingtonI wasn't very impressed with this place at all. I tried out the food, because it smelled good and okay, it was pretty tasty. One plus was that their Killer Daiquiri was delicious. But I don't know what is so special about the Plaza. It [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Sushi Taro in WashingtonSushi is such a Japanese food that you should try out even if you're not particularly interested in Japan or its culture. And for that I recommend in Washington the Sushi Taro restaurant. Their food is great, delicious, they have an [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Do you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa,...
Food: Eating Cheap in Bielefeld
Trinity Collage is like a trademark of Dublin. Its huge library is just amazing - if you like books and libraries. :) You can barely imagine the...
History & Culture: The Old Library Trinity Collage
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This restaurant is a great place to try the various local cusines and dishes of Malaysia. A tip here is if you are interested to try the local...
Food: Restoran Mustika Zamzam
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
Brukenthal Museum was founded by Joseph Bruckenthal, the governor of the city during the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The museum has more buildings,...
History & Culture: Brukenthal Museum
The Park of Rose is the most beautiful park from Timisoara, which was founded in 1891. There you can see very many different species of flowers.
Family & Fun: Roses park
Dakar Bango, Senegal
Needs someone to trust ,write me with id(Bintaphdesmond@yahoo.com.sg)
History & Culture: Trusted one
Charlotte, North Carolina
All their products are exquisitely tasty, fresh and just unforgettable. Amelie's French Bakery is the pastry paradise in Charlotte and is a...
Food: Amelie's French Bakery
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley