Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Holocaust Memorial Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Museum holds one of the biggest collections interviews, testimonies, archival documents and photographs. They all take you back in a time of fear, desperation and hopelessness.
Though the Museum has exhibits on four floors and I could have spent hours inside, I couldn't stay more than a couple of hours. It is always educational to visit such a museum, I don't deny that but for me only a few hours was enough of U.S. Holocaust Museum.
Raoul Wallenberg Pl, Washington, DC 20024, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Smithsonian MuseumsSmithsonian Museums have the largest collection in the world of different areas of culture. 13 out of the 18 Smithsonian Museums are in Washington. Each of them has very wide and interesting collections from the area they deal with. My [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Frederick Douglass HomeVisiting (at least once) the home of the famous abolitionist, Frederick Douglas when you go to DC is compulsory! It is a beautiful still well-kept home with a rich history. Though you have to make a reservation in advance to enter the [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Lincoln Memorial in WashingtonThe huge 19-foot tall white marble statue of Abraham Lincoln is a must-see sight in Washington. Whether you are a visitor or a local this place is perfect for meditation, relaxation or recap on history. It symbolizes freedom and the unity [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Union StationI've seen the train station before its restoration and well, it looked shabby and time-worn with chunks falling down from its gables. Now, however the whole building looks amazing. There are shops and restaurants everywhere, it looks a [...]D: 1mi00
- Kenilworth Park and Aquatic GardensWilderness and peacefulness combine in the Kenilworth Park on the Anacostia River and this mixture of different feelings made this park/garden my favorite place in DC. What makes this district more interesting is that less than a half [...]D: 4.5mi00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The New Sofia Pub Crawl is the night walk around Sofia’s hidden and unique bars. This event is not for those looking for loud and smoky rooms;...
Night Life & Entertainment: The New Sofia Pub Crawl
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
One cannot leave Rio De Janeiro without visiting the statue of Christ the Redeemer. This 30 m high statue looks down on the city above the clouds...
Sightseeing: The Christ, Corcovado
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
Uneon Park is resgistered as the oldest park in Tokyo and is a favorite place for families. They have not just peaceful walkways but temples, art...
Sightseeing: Ueno Park
Welcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect...
General: Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real Estate
Near the cave just about a 1 mile you can find a great place for camping, with grass and a little brook
General: A little camping
Raleigh, North Carolina
Though a huge art gallery, it has some unique taste to it, and it gives you a bit of inspiration, the Artspace in Raleigh is quite enjoyable. The...
History & Culture: Artspace
Mostly to aircraft buffs, but for those who are interested in some history concerning planes in the wars, or you just want to look at planes from...
Sightseeing: March Field Air Museum
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz