Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Holocaust Memorial Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Museum holds one of the biggest collections interviews, testimonies, archival documents and photographs. They all take you back in a time of fear, desperation and hopelessness.
Though the Museum has exhibits on four floors and I could have spent hours inside, I couldn't stay more than a couple of hours. It is always educational to visit such a museum, I don't deny that but for me only a few hours was enough of U.S. Holocaust Museum.
Raoul Wallenberg Pl, Washington, DC 20024, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Arlington National CemeteryVisiting the resting places of heroes, and victims of war is always educational and makes you think about the past, history and your future. The Arlington National Cemetery in DC is memorial where veterans, military casualties, heroes [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Better walkDitch the metro and walk, everything is much closer then the metro map lets on. [...]D: n/a00
- International Spy MuseumSpying is for professionals and is a secret job, so when you're shown tools and things only spies used in the Cold War than that place becomes a must-see fro everyone. I was so excited to go to the International Spy Museum, because I've [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Frederick Douglass HomeVisiting (at least once) the home of the famous abolitionist, Frederick Douglas when you go to DC is compulsory! It is a beautiful still well-kept home with a rich history. Though you have to make a reservation in advance to enter the [...]D: 3.4mi00
- National Arboretum in WashingtonTo be honest I went to visit the National Arboretum because of its bonzai collection, because I heard they are amazing and so beautiful. I wouldn't have thought that the tree groves and its gardens were so spectacular. And all this for free [...]D: n/a00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Do you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa,...
Food: Eating Cheap in Bielefeld
When any of us think about the Galapagos we usually think of huge tortoises and Charles Darwin the man who created the idea of evolution. The...
Sightseeing: Charles Darwin Station
The Alhambra is definitely a must see. It is the most beautiful of all Granada's great buildings and other Arabic memories. The Alhambra is...
History & Culture: The Alhambra
Plaza del Cibeles (Cybeles Square) is the most beautiful part of Madrid. It is surrounded by huge and impressive buildings. In the center of the...
Sightseeing: Plaza del Cibeles
There is a new hotel in Tiruchirappali called " Grand Gardenia " Ph: 91 9585644000 email; firstname.lastname@example.org I've had good...
General: New hotel in Tiruchirappalli
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Luxury Travel Vietnam - May 2015: This three day trip lets you discover the marvels of the Angkor Complex, including Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat,...
History & Culture: Fascinating Angkor Temples 3 days/2nights - Luxury Travel Vietnam
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Visiting Fort Lauderdale, or Florida for that matter, is incomplete without spending at least one day on the beach. The whole county of Florida is...
Beaches : Fort Lauderdale Beach
The best place to eat exotic food in Riverside is definitely the Punjab Palace which serves traditional Indian cuisine based dishes. With a...
Food: Punjab Palace
San Antonio, Texas
The greatest show ever. The San Antonio Rodeo organizes shows from bullfighting, to rodeo and horse shows. All the events are super-exciting, you...
General: San Antonio Rodeo
San Jose, California
Fun and inviting with activities for all ages, the San Jose Flea Market is not just a market where you can sell your stuff or buy, it a place that...
Shopping: San Jose Flea Market