Smithsonian Museums, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Smithsonian Museums
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Each of them has very wide and interesting collections from the area they deal with. My two personal favorites are the Air and Space Museum and especially the Indian or Native American Museum.
The Air and Space Museum has the largest aircraft history collection and there are very many programs for kids as well. I liked that there was a piece of moon rock that visitors can touch, but there are things like the Wright 1903 Flyer, the first airplane that could fly, the space suits used at the first moon walk in 1969 and other great things.
The Native American Museum has a wonderful collection of the heritage of the Native American peoples. There are multimedia exhibitions as well both for children and adults. There are photos, objects, clothes and memories of the religion and philosophies of the Natives. It is really wonderful and you get to know a lot. This is the best of all the Smithonians!
The admission is free into all the museums, but they are very crowded all the time so you will need some time to get to everything you want to see, but it worth it.
Washington, DC, USA
All the museums are FREE!
Native American Museum: from 10:00am to 5:30pm every day.
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Dukem-Best Ethiopian Restaurant in DCThere are quite many restaurants in DC that serve Ethiopian food and many of these are quite good, but the number one among these is definitely Dukem. It was the first time I tried out the Ethiopian cuisine and because I heard from many [...]D: 0.3mi00
- National Arboretum in WashingtonTo be honest I went to visit the National Arboretum because of its bonzai collection, because I heard they are amazing and so beautiful. I wouldn't have thought that the tree groves and its gardens were so spectacular. And all this for free [...]D: n/a00
- Holocaust Memorial MuseumAfter visiting a Holocaust historical museum you always get into a melancholic, sad, emotional state. This Museum in Washington was more depressing for me than any other I've seen. Maybe because it was especially built and designed in a way [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Kenilworth Park and Aquatic GardensWilderness and peacefulness combine in the Kenilworth Park on the Anacostia River and this mixture of different feelings made this park/garden my favorite place in DC. What makes this district more interesting is that less than a half [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Chocolate Tour Of Washington DCD.C. is a destination for decadent dessert boutiques and chocolatiers, and you can put that statement to the (taste) test with today's deal from Great Food Tours. The Chocolate City Tour is the most sought after tour in Washington, D.C. Our [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to go shopping on a high level, go to Zurich. There´s much you can do there in that sense.
General: Shopping in the city center
London, United Kingdom
The Downton Abbey set areas are 90 minutes drive from London. Visitors can pick their own Downton experience. Independently directed voyages...
Night Life & Entertainment: Real Downton Abbey Tours - Highclere Castle, London
Junagadh is known for the famous for its lions in Gir National Park. Almost 350 lions along with other wild cats is the main attraction and it is...
Outdoors Activities: Gir National Park
Dagupan City, Philippines
The people are so friendly here! I lost my contact lenses and had to ask for opticals - most people recommended Siapno-Tada Optical. They have the...
General: Optical service in Dagupan City
Keep local currency take loose clothes with you avoid skirts and mini skirts kinda dress
Food: Travel to pakistan
Alba Iulia, Romania
The Carolina Fortress of Alba Iulia is considered one of the seven wonders of Romania. It is a compelling group of buildings in very good state and...
History & Culture: Carolina Fortress
If you are hungry, in the center of the city, are many great and cheap pizzerias.
Food: Are you hungry?
Es gibt einen super Zirkus in den man umbedingt reingehen sollte. Dort sind viele Tiere und Artisten.
Family & Fun: Zirkus in Tjumen
Charlotte, North Carolina
Though it is a bit tucked away, you should definitely try to find this cozy little place because if you like great American food in a homey...
Food: Barrington's Restaurant
Los Angeles, California
Love this place as many other Cheesecake Factories. Besides the awesome cheesecakes they also have some other real good dishes like the shepard's...
Food: Cheesecake Factory