Smithsonian Museums, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Smithsonian Museums
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Each of them has very wide and interesting collections from the area they deal with. My two personal favorites are the Air and Space Museum and especially the Indian or Native American Museum.
The Air and Space Museum has the largest aircraft history collection and there are very many programs for kids as well. I liked that there was a piece of moon rock that visitors can touch, but there are things like the Wright 1903 Flyer, the first airplane that could fly, the space suits used at the first moon walk in 1969 and other great things.
The Native American Museum has a wonderful collection of the heritage of the Native American peoples. There are multimedia exhibitions as well both for children and adults. There are photos, objects, clothes and memories of the religion and philosophies of the Natives. It is really wonderful and you get to know a lot. This is the best of all the Smithonians!
The admission is free into all the museums, but they are very crowded all the time so you will need some time to get to everything you want to see, but it worth it.
Washington, DC, USA
All the museums are FREE!
Native American Museum: from 10:00am to 5:30pm every day.
Recent travel tips for Washington
- 9:30 Club in WashingtonFor a lively, fun night out 9:30 Club is the place to be. They provide great music with in a variety of styles. The main advantage of the club is that it is quite close to the metro so you can stay and dance all night long and however [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Arlington National CemeteryVisiting the resting places of heroes, and victims of war is always educational and makes you think about the past, history and your future. The Arlington National Cemetery in DC is memorial where veterans, military casualties, heroes [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Get a taste of Washington, DCHave the ultimate Washington experience! The most delightful views and delicious meals you can try by taking a lunch or dinner cruise on the Spirit Cruises. For a period of 2-3 hours you will taste the creative appetizers, entrees and [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Lauriol Plaza in WashingtonI wasn't very impressed with this place at all. I tried out the food, because it smelled good and okay, it was pretty tasty. One plus was that their Killer Daiquiri was delicious. But I don't know what is so special about the Plaza. It [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Chocolate Tour Of Washington DCD.C. is a destination for decadent dessert boutiques and chocolatiers, and you can put that statement to the (taste) test with today's deal from Great Food Tours. The Chocolate City Tour is the most sought after tour in Washington, D.C. Our [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Are so many things/programs to do in this nature park. If you like nature and walking trips, I wound recommanded this place for you and I think one...
Family & Fun: Nature park thun
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
You should really take yourself time for at least one day or better a whole weekend.
General: Visiting the ancient roman city
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
The Detroit zoo is a family attraction though I also enjoyed visiting it with friends. However we were a bit unlucky, because the day we went...
Family & Fun: Tips for Detroit Zoo
One of the most interesting and out of the ordinary sights in Miami is Vizcaya Mansion. The European style castle was planned by Burrell Hoffman...
Sightseeing: Vizcaya Mansion
New York, New York
I would like to suggest lastminutetravel.com as it really makes the entire process hassle free.
General: Online is the way
What can I say? Chamonix it's great, from the center of the town you can see the heights peak in Eastern Europe, Mont Blanc 4807m. There are many,...
Outdoors Activities: The capital of climbing