Smithsonian Museums, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Smithsonian Museums
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Each of them has very wide and interesting collections from the area they deal with. My two personal favorites are the Air and Space Museum and especially the Indian or Native American Museum.
The Air and Space Museum has the largest aircraft history collection and there are very many programs for kids as well. I liked that there was a piece of moon rock that visitors can touch, but there are things like the Wright 1903 Flyer, the first airplane that could fly, the space suits used at the first moon walk in 1969 and other great things.
The Native American Museum has a wonderful collection of the heritage of the Native American peoples. There are multimedia exhibitions as well both for children and adults. There are photos, objects, clothes and memories of the religion and philosophies of the Natives. It is really wonderful and you get to know a lot. This is the best of all the Smithonians!
The admission is free into all the museums, but they are very crowded all the time so you will need some time to get to everything you want to see, but it worth it.
Washington, DC, USA
All the museums are FREE!
Native American Museum: from 10:00am to 5:30pm every day.
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Sushi Taro in WashingtonSushi is such a Japanese food that you should try out even if you're not particularly interested in Japan or its culture. And for that I recommend in Washington the Sushi Taro restaurant. Their food is great, delicious, they have an [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Dukem-Best Ethiopian Restaurant in DCThere are quite many restaurants in DC that serve Ethiopian food and many of these are quite good, but the number one among these is definitely Dukem. It was the first time I tried out the Ethiopian cuisine and because I heard from many [...]D: 0.3mi00
- The best place for lunch in Washington, DCThe Hotel Washington's Sky Terrace Restaurant has a stunning view over the city. The main attractions you can admire during lunch are the White House, the Treasury building ....and some Secret Service agents spying on you! Service is not [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Holocaust Memorial MuseumAfter visiting a Holocaust historical museum you always get into a melancholic, sad, emotional state. This Museum in Washington was more depressing for me than any other I've seen. Maybe because it was especially built and designed in a way [...]D: 1.3mi00
- The SmithsonianThe Smithsonian Institution and its museums are not to be missed while visiting Washington. The most preferred ones are the Museum of Air and Space and Natural History. For detailed information, go to 'The Castle', a red building on the [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Beach is home to an impressive beachfront where you can spend an entire day basking in the glorious sunshine and taking in the surrounding...
General: Jumeirah Beach is home
It was built originally for the emperor Zhu Di and his empresses, holding the name of Changling, than later mausoleums of other 12 emperors and...
History & Culture: The Ming Tombs in Beijing
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
Oxford, United Kingdom
The Pitt Rivers Museum in Oxford has a great display of culturaland archeological items. Everything is categorized by topic, so it is easier for...
History & Culture: Pitt Rivers Museum
Golden Triangle Tour, Ranthambore Tour, South India Tour, Rajasthan With Goa Tour
General: Tour and Travel in India
Ostia Antica, Italy
Wenn man in der Nähe von Rom Baden gehen will, dann einfach an einen Strand ein paar Kilometer ausserhalb fahren.
General: Baden gehen
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
This playground is the perfect place for kids and families with young children. Everything in the Rotary Storyland Playland is designed for fun and...
Family & Fun: Rotary Storyland Playland
Key West, Florida
I liked the atmosphere very much, both the staff and the food was perfect. Blue Heaven is really special and I can warmly recommend it to anyone. ...
Food: Blue Heaven
An entertainment park which is mostly directed at child visitors, Fairyland is like Wonderland from Alice's dream. A wide variety of...
Family & Fun: Fairyland