Lincoln Memorial in Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Lincoln Memorial in Washington
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
What is interesting about the Memorial is that Lincoln's two famous speeches (the Gettysburg Address, and his second inaugural address) have been inscribed on its walls. I started to read one of them, but I didn't have enough time finish it. At least I will have another reason to return. :)
Lincoln Memorial, Washington, DC 20037, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Eighteenth Street LoungeRedesigned from a rowhouse the Eighteenth Street Lounge is a great place to relax. Though not the fanciest place in DC it does look luxurious and they do have a decent dress code. It could also be a perfect place for a rendezvous because [...]D: 1mi00
- Smithsonian MuseumsSmithsonian Museums have the largest collection in the world of different areas of culture. 13 out of the 18 Smithsonian Museums are in Washington. Each of them has very wide and interesting collections from the area they deal with. My [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Frederick Douglass HomeVisiting (at least once) the home of the famous abolitionist, Frederick Douglas when you go to DC is compulsory! It is a beautiful still well-kept home with a rich history. Though you have to make a reservation in advance to enter the [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Chocolate Tour Of Washington DCD.C. is a destination for decadent dessert boutiques and chocolatiers, and you can put that statement to the (taste) test with today's deal from Great Food Tours. The Chocolate City Tour is the most sought after tour in Washington, D.C. Our [...]D: 0.8mi00
- International Spy MuseumSpying is for professionals and is a secret job, so when you're shown tools and things only spies used in the Cold War than that place becomes a must-see fro everyone. I was so excited to go to the International Spy Museum, because I've [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to feel party, go to Alicante during the time of the 'Hogueras de San Juan' at the 24th of june. A lot of exceptional sculptures are...
General: There you should go!
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
If you happen to go to Kecskemét do not miss out the famous 'Cifrapalota' which will surely attract you with its beautiful folk-art-motifs. You...
Sightseeing: Cifrapalota, Kecskemet
You should really take yourself time for at least one day or better a whole weekend.
General: Visiting the ancient roman city
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
You wouldn't think that a small town like Bakersfield holds such a treasure like the Bakersfield Museum of Art whose main aim is to increase...
History & Culture: Bakersfield Museum of Art
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach
San Diego, California
Mission San Luis Rey is the oldest mission in California. It was founded by Franciscan friars in 1794 to convert the local natives to the catholic...
History & Culture: Mission San Luis Rey
Virginia Beach, Virginia
A three miles long oceanfront, the Virginia Beach Boardwalk is the main attraction of the city. Full of amusement parks, hotels, walk and bike...
Sightseeing: Virginia Beach Boardwalk