Toronto Travel Tips, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Toronto travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Toronto travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (8)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (1)
- Shopping (4)
Browse Toronto travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Toronto travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Toronto or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Toronto travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Toronto
- The Paper PlaceI have always been fascinated by gift wrapping, so when I first visited The Paper Place, I was totally amazed. It is an unimaginable variety of colorful papers and tissues. Some of the papers are even hand made. They also have paper [...]D: 9.2mi00
- Toronto Music GardenWhat could be better than walking on the beautiful waterfront of Toronto? The answer is doing that along Toronto Music Garden. I've heard somewhere that that the only problem with life is that there is not background music. Well, [...]D: 10.2mi00
- Fort YorkLt. Gov. John Graves Simcoe saw the newborn USA as a threat, so he established the base of Fort York in 1793 to defend Toronto (known as 'little muddy York' at that time). Sacked in 1812 it was rebuilt a year later and used by the [...]D: 9.6mi00
- St. Lawrence MarketOne of the best places to spend an afternoon in Toronto is St. Lawrence Market. It is a real market of course mainly with farmers selling their home-made products and artists offering their art. The market is always busy, full of locals and [...]D: 10.7mi00
- The Little Dollhouse CompanyIf you are or have ever been a little girl, Little Dollhouse Company is your childhod dream coming true. This store hasn't only got dollhouses, but all the possible accessories to a dollhouse. There are a lot of houses of different [...]D: 9.9mi00
- Hockey Hall of FameIf you ever liked ice hockey than Hockey Hall of Fame will be your place. Founded in 1943 the Hall is dedicated to honor the great events, teams and personalities of this wonderful sport. Also a museum, it hosts exhibitions about [...]D: 10.9mi00
- ChinatownThe opening of the laundrette by Sam Chin in 1878 was the first step in the establishment of Toronto's Chinatown. Thirty years later there were more than a thousand Chinese poeple living in the city. Nowadays Toronto's Chinatown is [...]D: 9.7mi00
- AccessityThe greatest place in all Toronto to buy all accessories to your outfit is Accessity. This great place offers the products of a lot of designers from Canada from Kelly Lehman to Merx and others. The store has got private collections as well [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Alice Fazooli's CrabshackThe Butternut squash ravioli is a must-try if you are in Alice Fazooli's Crabshack. My friend tried some meatballs which were also very good. The place is a nice Innovative-Italian restaurant with many 'experimental' meals on [...]D: 11.1mi00
- CN TowerThe world's highest freestanding tower is Toronto's CN Tower. From the top of the building you can see the Niagara Falls (100 km), if the weather is clear. It is extremely high. It has got an observation platform where the [...]D: 10.4mi00
- Distillery District in TorontoEven the name sounds wonderful... Destillery District. The area is a group of period buildings from the late 19th century, built in Victorian style, of red brick, and houses a number of great galleries, caffes, restaurants and even a small [...]D: 11.7mi00
- Bata Shoe MuseumIf you want to see a really special place, you have to come to Bata Shoes Museum. The museum displays the shoes ollection of the Bata family with more that 10.000 (pair of) items. The main exhibition os about the hitory of footwear from the [...]D: 9.4mi00
- Art Gallery of OntarioFrank Gehry, a Toronto born architect lead the renovation of the Art Gallery of Ontario from 2007. The building is like a totally new one, with interesting architectural solutions. I really like the wood-made staircase that goes to the [...]D: 10mi00
- Black Creek Pioneer VillageI think Black Creek Pioreer Village is one of the greatest attractions of Toronto. The original village was founded 1816 by a newlywed settler couple. Now it has got more than 30 builgings and it's a living museum of the 19th century [...]D: 6.7mi00
- Air Canada CenterLocated in the Lakeshore Boulevard area, the Air Canada Center is the home of Toronto's two beloved sports teams, the hockey team - Toronto Maple Leafs and the basketball team, the Toronto Raptors. The Center is also used as [...]D: 10.9mi00
- The nicest beach in TorontoToronto's main beach in 'The Beaches' is pretty good, and what you would expect of a public beach. However I believe that Bluffer's Beach is far superior in beauty, privacy, and adventurous atmosphere. [...]D: 339.4mi00
Things about Toronto you may be interested in
Recent Toronto flights found by Travelgrove users
- $207 Multiple Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Moncton, NB (YQM) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 08/19/2016 08:05 pm Toronto, ON (YYZ) Moncton, NB (YQM) 09/01/2016 09:30 am
- $213 Westjet
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (LGA) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 09/13/2016 07:50 pm Toronto, ON (YYZ) New York, NY (LGA) 09/25/2016 07:30 pm
- $219 Porter Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Windsor, ON (YQG) Toronto, ON (YTZ) 08/13/2016 07:25 am Toronto, ON (YTZ) Windsor, ON (YQG) 08/22/2016 08:25 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
IF you are around at christmas, you should visit that chsitmas market at the city. It´s really famous and you can enjoy shopping, drinking a cup...
Shopping: Christkindlmarkt in the inner city
Oxford, United Kingdom
Go and see this very nice pub, the Eagle & Child in Oxford. If you like fantasy novels, you should visit it, because JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis used...
Food: Eagle & Child pub in Oxford
Well you cannot just call it an exhibition as it’s a mammoth collection of antique vehicles, cars, motorcycles, buggies and utilities...
Outdoors Activities: Auto World
Hey, don't forget to buy some of the traditional hand made puppets and jaipuri quilts from the town. The area near Hawa Mahal has a lot of shops...
Shopping: The Hawa Mahal shops
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
This famous plaza, which has been erected during the 1930s has become a tragic landmark in American history. This was the place where the United...
History & Culture: Dealey Plaza
Chris is the place where you will eat the best hot-dogs in Alabama. The diner was opened in 1917 and for many years was the hottest late-night spot...
Definitely the place to take the kids. They love it! There is maybe no other place in Stockton like the Pixie Woods Amusement Park where younger...
Family & Fun: Pixie Woods Amusement Park
Sa Pa, Vietnam
Can Cau or as it commonly known the Bac Ha Market though it is similar in many ways, both Can Cau and Bac Ha markets have something for you to...
General: Sapa Love Market