Toronto Travel Tips, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Toronto travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Toronto travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (8)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (1)
- Shopping (4)
Browse Toronto travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Toronto travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Toronto or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Toronto travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Toronto
- The Paper PlaceI have always been fascinated by gift wrapping, so when I first visited The Paper Place, I was totally amazed. It is an unimaginable variety of colorful papers and tissues. Some of the papers are even hand made. They also have paper [...]D: 9.2mi00
- Toronto Music GardenWhat could be better than walking on the beautiful waterfront of Toronto? The answer is doing that along Toronto Music Garden. I've heard somewhere that that the only problem with life is that there is not background music. Well, [...]D: 10.2mi00
- Fort YorkLt. Gov. John Graves Simcoe saw the newborn USA as a threat, so he established the base of Fort York in 1793 to defend Toronto (known as 'little muddy York' at that time). Sacked in 1812 it was rebuilt a year later and used by the [...]D: 9.6mi00
- St. Lawrence MarketOne of the best places to spend an afternoon in Toronto is St. Lawrence Market. It is a real market of course mainly with farmers selling their home-made products and artists offering their art. The market is always busy, full of locals and [...]D: 10.7mi00
- The Little Dollhouse CompanyIf you are or have ever been a little girl, Little Dollhouse Company is your childhod dream coming true. This store hasn't only got dollhouses, but all the possible accessories to a dollhouse. There are a lot of houses of different [...]D: 9.9mi00
- Hockey Hall of FameIf you ever liked ice hockey than Hockey Hall of Fame will be your place. Founded in 1943 the Hall is dedicated to honor the great events, teams and personalities of this wonderful sport. Also a museum, it hosts exhibitions about [...]D: 10.9mi00
- ChinatownThe opening of the laundrette by Sam Chin in 1878 was the first step in the establishment of Toronto's Chinatown. Thirty years later there were more than a thousand Chinese poeple living in the city. Nowadays Toronto's Chinatown is [...]D: 9.7mi00
- AccessityThe greatest place in all Toronto to buy all accessories to your outfit is Accessity. This great place offers the products of a lot of designers from Canada from Kelly Lehman to Merx and others. The store has got private collections as well [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Alice Fazooli's CrabshackThe Butternut squash ravioli is a must-try if you are in Alice Fazooli's Crabshack. My friend tried some meatballs which were also very good. The place is a nice Innovative-Italian restaurant with many 'experimental' meals on [...]D: 11.1mi00
- CN TowerThe world's highest freestanding tower is Toronto's CN Tower. From the top of the building you can see the Niagara Falls (100 km), if the weather is clear. It is extremely high. It has got an observation platform where the [...]D: 10.4mi00
- Distillery District in TorontoEven the name sounds wonderful... Destillery District. The area is a group of period buildings from the late 19th century, built in Victorian style, of red brick, and houses a number of great galleries, caffes, restaurants and even a small [...]D: 11.7mi00
- Bata Shoe MuseumIf you want to see a really special place, you have to come to Bata Shoes Museum. The museum displays the shoes ollection of the Bata family with more that 10.000 (pair of) items. The main exhibition os about the hitory of footwear from the [...]D: 9.4mi00
- Art Gallery of OntarioFrank Gehry, a Toronto born architect lead the renovation of the Art Gallery of Ontario from 2007. The building is like a totally new one, with interesting architectural solutions. I really like the wood-made staircase that goes to the [...]D: 10mi00
- Black Creek Pioneer VillageI think Black Creek Pioreer Village is one of the greatest attractions of Toronto. The original village was founded 1816 by a newlywed settler couple. Now it has got more than 30 builgings and it's a living museum of the 19th century [...]D: 6.7mi00
- Air Canada CenterLocated in the Lakeshore Boulevard area, the Air Canada Center is the home of Toronto's two beloved sports teams, the hockey team - Toronto Maple Leafs and the basketball team, the Toronto Raptors. The Center is also used as [...]D: 10.9mi00
- The nicest beach in TorontoToronto's main beach in 'The Beaches' is pretty good, and what you would expect of a public beach. However I believe that Bluffer's Beach is far superior in beauty, privacy, and adventurous atmosphere. [...]D: 339.4mi00
Things about Toronto you may be interested in
Recent Toronto flights found by Travelgrove users
- $234 Westjet
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (LGA) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 06/05/2014 09:40 am Toronto, ON (YYZ) New York, NY (LGA) 06/17/2014 02:30 pm
- $246 Air Canada
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Boston, MA (BOS) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 05/30/2014 08:25 pm Toronto, ON (YYZ) Boston, MA (BOS) 06/10/2014 08:15 am
- $362 Delta Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Tampa, FL (TPA) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 08/20/2014 12:00 pm Toronto, ON (YYZ) Tampa, FL (TPA) 09/02/2014 02:20 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are looking for a beach vacation, Cairns isnt the right place, because there´s no beach close to the city, neither you can walk there. But...
Outdoors Activities: No beach vacations
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
Lilla Torg is Malmo's nicest square. It is part of the old downtown and there are a lot of great pubs and restaurants there. All the buildings...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lilla Torg
Being a free museum, though a $4 donation is encouraged, The Speed Art Museum is the perfect place to linger on a more crazy afternoon, taking a...
History & Culture: The Speed Art Museum
For the best breakfast dishes in town, you definitely have to go to T G Eggington's, their food is the best in the whole area. If you plan on...
Food: T G Eggington's
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...
The most amazing place in Tampa is definitely the Busch Gardens. It is not only and adventure park but a zoo and a catering venue. This place is...
Family & Fun: Busch Gardens