Black Creek Pioneer Village, Toronto, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Toronto > Black Creek Pioneer Village
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are actual people in the village, dressed in period cloths and using period tools for sewing, transport, sheep shearing etc. They even have a working mill and you can buy all homemade products at the local store. You can visit each of the households, go into the houses and touch and try the items, it's great.
They have a restaurant in the village, opened from 11AM to 3PM, if you would get hungry and are not too deeply sinked into the admiration of village life, which, by the way, would be completely understandable.
1000 Murray Ross Pkwy, Toronto, ON M3J 2Z3, Canada
Students and Seniors: $14
Check the site.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Toronto
- St. Lawrence MarketOne of the best places to spend an afternoon in Toronto is St. Lawrence Market. It is a real market of course mainly with farmers selling their home-made products and artists offering their art. The market is always busy, full of locals and [...]D: 10.7mi20
- Fort YorkLt. Gov. John Graves Simcoe saw the newborn USA as a threat, so he established the base of Fort York in 1793 to defend Toronto (known as 'little muddy York' at that time). Sacked in 1812 it was rebuilt a year later and used by the [...]D: 9.6mi00
- AccessityThe greatest place in all Toronto to buy all accessories to your outfit is Accessity. This great place offers the products of a lot of designers from Canada from Kelly Lehman to Merx and others. The store has got private collections as well [...]D: 9.8mi00
- The nicest beach in TorontoToronto's main beach in 'The Beaches' is pretty good, and what you would expect of a public beach. However I believe that Bluffer's Beach is far superior in beauty, privacy, and adventurous atmosphere. [...]D: 339.4mi10
- Air Canada CenterLocated in the Lakeshore Boulevard area, the Air Canada Center is the home of Toronto's two beloved sports teams, the hockey team - Toronto Maple Leafs and the basketball team, the Toronto Raptors. The Center is also used as [...]D: 10.9mi20
Things about Toronto you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Though not a typical tourist attraction, visiting Lenin Park can really give you something plus in your trip to the city. It is quite a large park,...
Outdoors Activities: The Lenin Park in Havana
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
Check your holiday acommodation 100%, if you rent a holiday house.
General: Holiday house
While visiting Calais you must see the amazing white cliffs of Dover, visible even from Calais when the wheather is clear. The cliffs started to...
General: The white cliffs of Dover
Ostia Antica, Italy
Ostia was originally a military camp, from which Rome could be both protected and controlled and defended as well as the maritime trade. With the...
General: Ancient harbour city Ostia
Seoul, South Korea
A simple, little cozy place, with a traditional aspect, the Migabon restaurant is heaven of good Korean food and fast service. Even if you have to...
Food: Migabon Restaurant
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
Saint Louis, Missouri
Anyone who loves beer should go to one of the Anheuser Busch Brewery Tour. There is a complimentary tour, which is shorter and free, plus free beer...
Family & Fun: Anheuser Busch Brewery Tour
Saint Paul, Minnesota
There are quite many wonderful buildings in Saint Paul, especially on Summit Avenue, but as usually, the state capitol building tops them all....
Sightseeing: Minnesota State Capitol