Bata Shoe Museum, Toronto, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Toronto > Bata Shoe Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The main exhibition os about the hitory of footwear from the beginnings, with even 4 million year old footprints (the earliest known human footprints). You can see special and wierd shoes from the different periods and places of human civilization as well as some of the shoes of famous people like Elton John or even PM Pierre Trudeau.
There is a permanent exhibition about traditional Inuit footwear as well. If you go up to the second story, you may find some temporary exhibitions about more serious topics regarding shoes, like the Chinese tradition of foot binding. One of the most interesting museums I've ever been to.
327 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S, Canada
You will find the actual hours on the website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Toronto
- CN TowerThe world's highest freestanding tower is Toronto's CN Tower. From the top of the building you can see the Niagara Falls (100 km), if the weather is clear. It is extremely high. It has got an observation platform where the [...]D: 10.4mi01
- Distillery District in TorontoEven the name sounds wonderful... Destillery District. The area is a group of period buildings from the late 19th century, built in Victorian style, of red brick, and houses a number of great galleries, caffes, restaurants and even a small [...]D: 11.7mi01
- ChinatownThe opening of the laundrette by Sam Chin in 1878 was the first step in the establishment of Toronto's Chinatown. Thirty years later there were more than a thousand Chinese poeple living in the city. Nowadays Toronto's Chinatown is [...]D: 9.7mi00
- The Little Dollhouse CompanyIf you are or have ever been a little girl, Little Dollhouse Company is your childhod dream coming true. This store hasn't only got dollhouses, but all the possible accessories to a dollhouse. There are a lot of houses of different [...]D: 9.9mi01
- St. Lawrence MarketOne of the best places to spend an afternoon in Toronto is St. Lawrence Market. It is a real market of course mainly with farmers selling their home-made products and artists offering their art. The market is always busy, full of locals and [...]D: 10.7mi20
Things about Toronto you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The view from Belfort Tower over this marvelous medieval city is something you don't want to miss. The 366 steps of this 83 meters tower are worth...
Sightseeing: Belfort Tower (Belfry of Bruges)
Wenn ihr in Langenargen seid, müsst ihr unbedingt am See spazieren gehen. Das ist so schön.
General: Der schöne See von Langenargen
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
We provide cheap airline flight tickets at best prices.
Outdoors Activities: Cheap air flights
Monforte D'alba, Italy
Some parts of the estate are as old as 1600, it is really a nice place, you can see how an Italian estate looked like hundred years ago. The...
Food: Azienda agricola Fantino Alessandro e Gian Natale
This cozy little restaurant is really hard to find, but once you've found it, you might return there every time you want to eat in a restaurant...
Food: Il Muro Restaurant
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
The heart of Aurora is packed with restaurants, bars, shops and malls. You can get some souvenirs for your loved ones who stayed home, or just some...
Shopping: Aurora City Place
Los Angeles, California
I booked a trip to Las Vegas using a luxury bus company called LA2LV In Style and I am amazed at how luxurious and comfortable the trip was for...
Public Transportation: Best Transportation to Las Vegas in Los Angeles