Bata Shoe Museum, Toronto, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Toronto > Bata Shoe Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The main exhibition os about the hitory of footwear from the beginnings, with even 4 million year old footprints (the earliest known human footprints). You can see special and wierd shoes from the different periods and places of human civilization as well as some of the shoes of famous people like Elton John or even PM Pierre Trudeau.
There is a permanent exhibition about traditional Inuit footwear as well. If you go up to the second story, you may find some temporary exhibitions about more serious topics regarding shoes, like the Chinese tradition of foot binding. One of the most interesting museums I've ever been to.
327 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S, Canada
You will find the actual hours on the website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Toronto
- St. Lawrence MarketOne of the best places to spend an afternoon in Toronto is St. Lawrence Market. It is a real market of course mainly with farmers selling their home-made products and artists offering their art. The market is always busy, full of locals and [...]D: 10.7mi00
- Air Canada CenterLocated in the Lakeshore Boulevard area, the Air Canada Center is the home of Toronto's two beloved sports teams, the hockey team - Toronto Maple Leafs and the basketball team, the Toronto Raptors. The Center is also used as [...]D: 10.9mi00
- AccessityThe greatest place in all Toronto to buy all accessories to your outfit is Accessity. This great place offers the products of a lot of designers from Canada from Kelly Lehman to Merx and others. The store has got private collections as well [...]D: 9.8mi00
- ChinatownThe opening of the laundrette by Sam Chin in 1878 was the first step in the establishment of Toronto's Chinatown. Thirty years later there were more than a thousand Chinese poeple living in the city. Nowadays Toronto's Chinatown is [...]D: 9.7mi00
- Toronto Music GardenWhat could be better than walking on the beautiful waterfront of Toronto? The answer is doing that along Toronto Music Garden. I've heard somewhere that that the only problem with life is that there is not background music. Well, [...]D: 10.2mi00
Things about Toronto you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to spend the night at a cool location in Augsburg, where good music is played, you have to visit the 'Mahagoni Bar'. There is even a...
Night Life & Entertainment: Mahagoni Bar
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
Dont forget to view this great religious place atop a hill. For tips on travel in mysore visit mysorehub.com
General: Chamundi Hills
Shimla, the picturesque city in Himanchal Pradesh is widely adored for snow covered mountains, mesmerising greenery, splendid lakes, and pleasant...
Sightseeing: Top Tourist Places to Visit in Shimla
Monforte D'alba, Italy
Some parts of the estate are as old as 1600, it is really a nice place, you can see how an Italian estate looked like hundred years ago. The...
Food: Azienda agricola Fantino Alessandro e Gian Natale
It's the most beautiful local that i have seen in Rimini. you can eat, drink, dance, listen live music,....
Night Life & Entertainment: Restaurant Pizzeria Discopub BOUNTY
Nice, quiet, more like a living wonder.
General: Living wonder
There is a castle in this city. It has a big parking but there you have to pay... very close about 50-100 meters from the castle you turn right on...
History & Culture: Bratislava Castle
I you are looking for a cafe/pub which is both geeky and cool, and where you can enjoy the best coffee in the state while listening to great live...
Night Life & Entertainment: Backspace Cafe
The art deco building of the museum (built in 1931) fits perfectly into the tranquil environment of Volunteer park and the nearby Olympic Mountains...
History & Culture: Asian Art Museum