Bata Shoe Museum, Toronto, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Toronto > Bata Shoe Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The main exhibition os about the hitory of footwear from the beginnings, with even 4 million year old footprints (the earliest known human footprints). You can see special and wierd shoes from the different periods and places of human civilization as well as some of the shoes of famous people like Elton John or even PM Pierre Trudeau.
There is a permanent exhibition about traditional Inuit footwear as well. If you go up to the second story, you may find some temporary exhibitions about more serious topics regarding shoes, like the Chinese tradition of foot binding. One of the most interesting museums I've ever been to.
327 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S, Canada
You will find the actual hours on the website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Toronto
- The Little Dollhouse CompanyIf you are or have ever been a little girl, Little Dollhouse Company is your childhod dream coming true. This store hasn't only got dollhouses, but all the possible accessories to a dollhouse. There are a lot of houses of different [...]D: 9.9mi00
- Distillery District in TorontoEven the name sounds wonderful... Destillery District. The area is a group of period buildings from the late 19th century, built in Victorian style, of red brick, and houses a number of great galleries, caffes, restaurants and even a small [...]D: 11.7mi00
- Art Gallery of OntarioFrank Gehry, a Toronto born architect lead the renovation of the Art Gallery of Ontario from 2007. The building is like a totally new one, with interesting architectural solutions. I really like the wood-made staircase that goes to the [...]D: 10mi00
- Fort YorkLt. Gov. John Graves Simcoe saw the newborn USA as a threat, so he established the base of Fort York in 1793 to defend Toronto (known as 'little muddy York' at that time). Sacked in 1812 it was rebuilt a year later and used by the [...]D: 9.6mi00
- Hockey Hall of FameIf you ever liked ice hockey than Hockey Hall of Fame will be your place. Founded in 1943 the Hall is dedicated to honor the great events, teams and personalities of this wonderful sport. Also a museum, it hosts exhibitions about [...]D: 10.9mi00
Things about Toronto you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Beach is home to an impressive beachfront where you can spend an entire day basking in the glorious sunshine and taking in the surrounding...
General: Jumeirah Beach is home
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
Whitsunday Islands situated Queensland Capital at Australia. Whitsunday Island can divide into four groups like Northern, Lindeman, The...
Beaches : Whitsunday Yacht Charter
Many musuems in the US feature exhibits of nature, but this one is really something. Tokyo National Science Museum has beautiful exhibitions of the...
History & Culture: Tokyo National Science Museum
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
Tacking taxis isnt so expensive, so use them to get from A to B.
General: Taxi's are cheap
Open for almost 20 years now, the major entertainment and sports venue, the Honda Center in Anaheim hosts hockey games, ice-skating competitions...
Sports & Wellness : Honda Center in Anaheim
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley
Overland Park, Kansas
Place Delicate clothing can be placed between two dry cleaner bags and then fold the item and pack. The garment will not have any fold creases and...
General: Place Delicate