Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Toronto > Art Gallery of Ontario
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Gallery has got a wonderful European collection from the 14th century on and with the works of geniuses like Monet, Renoir or Pissarro. Other great collections include the African Aboriginal Art and the Australian Aboriginal Art exhibitions, both amazing.
The Henry Moore Sculpture Center contains the famous sculptor's more than 800 works. The master left his works to Toronto because of gratefulness for the city's enthusiasm about his work. The sculpture center was like walking in a town of statues. :)
317 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5T, Canada
Students and Children $11
Closed on Mondays
10AM to 5:30PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Toronto
- Hockey Hall of FameIf you ever liked ice hockey than Hockey Hall of Fame will be your place. Founded in 1943 the Hall is dedicated to honor the great events, teams and personalities of this wonderful sport. Also a museum, it hosts exhibitions about [...]D: 10.9mi00
- CN TowerThe world's highest freestanding tower is Toronto's CN Tower. From the top of the building you can see the Niagara Falls (100 km), if the weather is clear. It is extremely high. It has got an observation platform where the [...]D: 10.4mi00
- The Paper PlaceI have always been fascinated by gift wrapping, so when I first visited The Paper Place, I was totally amazed. It is an unimaginable variety of colorful papers and tissues. Some of the papers are even hand made. They also have paper [...]D: 9.2mi00
- St. Lawrence MarketOne of the best places to spend an afternoon in Toronto is St. Lawrence Market. It is a real market of course mainly with farmers selling their home-made products and artists offering their art. The market is always busy, full of locals and [...]D: 10.7mi00
- Black Creek Pioneer VillageI think Black Creek Pioreer Village is one of the greatest attractions of Toronto. The original village was founded 1816 by a newlywed settler couple. Now it has got more than 30 builgings and it's a living museum of the 19th century [...]D: 6.7mi00
Things about Toronto you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Head to DC10 on Sunday, it's really good fun. Although be prepared for the long haul. It lasts from Sunday morning until 8am on Monday!
Night Life & Entertainment: Ibiza Holidays
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
It is a world of its own! The west of India has its unique culture, history, people and places of interest that should be explored! There are so...
Family & Fun: Tourist Places in Gujarat
Hey, don't forget to buy some of the traditional hand made puppets and jaipuri quilts from the town. The area near Hawa Mahal has a lot of shops...
Shopping: The Hawa Mahal shops
For anyone on this site that is interested in coming to Jamaica for vacation I would first suggest that you not spend the ridiculous amount for...
General: Paradise Jamaica
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
Brukenthal Museum was founded by Joseph Bruckenthal, the governor of the city during the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The museum has more buildings,...
History & Culture: Brukenthal Museum
Sa Pa, Vietnam
When you plan your holiday to Vietnam and further to one of the mesmerizing Indochina destinations such as Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar,...
Sightseeing: Cultural experience with ethnic minorities in Sapa