Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Toronto > Art Gallery of Ontario
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Gallery has got a wonderful European collection from the 14th century on and with the works of geniuses like Monet, Renoir or Pissarro. Other great collections include the African Aboriginal Art and the Australian Aboriginal Art exhibitions, both amazing.
The Henry Moore Sculpture Center contains the famous sculptor's more than 800 works. The master left his works to Toronto because of gratefulness for the city's enthusiasm about his work. The sculpture center was like walking in a town of statues. :)
317 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5T, Canada
Students and Children $11
Closed on Mondays
10AM to 5:30PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Toronto
- Bata Shoe MuseumIf you want to see a really special place, you have to come to Bata Shoes Museum. The museum displays the shoes ollection of the Bata family with more that 10.000 (pair of) items. The main exhibition os about the hitory of footwear from the [...]D: 9.4mi00
- The Paper PlaceI have always been fascinated by gift wrapping, so when I first visited The Paper Place, I was totally amazed. It is an unimaginable variety of colorful papers and tissues. Some of the papers are even hand made. They also have paper [...]D: 9.2mi00
- Toronto Music GardenWhat could be better than walking on the beautiful waterfront of Toronto? The answer is doing that along Toronto Music Garden. I've heard somewhere that that the only problem with life is that there is not background music. Well, [...]D: 10.2mi00
- Distillery District in TorontoEven the name sounds wonderful... Destillery District. The area is a group of period buildings from the late 19th century, built in Victorian style, of red brick, and houses a number of great galleries, caffes, restaurants and even a small [...]D: 11.7mi00
- ChinatownThe opening of the laundrette by Sam Chin in 1878 was the first step in the establishment of Toronto's Chinatown. Thirty years later there were more than a thousand Chinese poeple living in the city. Nowadays Toronto's Chinatown is [...]D: 9.7mi00
Things about Toronto you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Fastnacht(or in 'bärndütsch' fasnacht) is one of the bigest event in this muliticultural country, irrespectively of different...
Night Life & Entertainment: 'Fastnacht'
Prague, Czech Republic
The whole place has got an interesting air of being made by hobby-historians. The Museum of Communism is in a small place and looks a little...
History & Culture: Museum of Communism in Prague
Don't go to the so called 'Rion' beach, it´s just real touristic crap.
Outdoors Activities: Rion beach
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
This Museum is a great place to know more about the Chinese origin in Johor Bahru. This would be the ideal place if you would like to know more...
History & Culture: Chinese Heritage Muesum
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Nice, quiet, more like a living wonder.
General: Living wonder
Dakar Bango, Senegal
Needs someone to trust ,write me with id(Bintaphdesmond@yahoo.com.sg)
History & Culture: Trusted one
A real piece of history from the 20th century which has been restored and is as new as ever. Also known as the 'Floating White House', the...
Sightseeing: USS Potomac
San Antonio, Texas
Featuring traditional Mexican food and oysters the La Margarita is a homey little restaurant in the heart of Market Square. With a really friendly...
Food: La Margarita