Fort York, Toronto, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Toronto > Fort York
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Now, open for visitors, it gives a fascinating insight into the life of soldiers and officers back in the 19th century. You can visit the former quarters, go up to the ramparts and if you are going during the summer, see demonstrations and festivals.
100 Garrison Rd, Toronto, ON M5V 3K9, Canada
May 19 – September 2, 10am – 5pm daily
Sept. 4 – Dec. 16, Weekdays 10am – 4pm, Weekends 1
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Toronto
- The Paper PlaceI have always been fascinated by gift wrapping, so when I first visited The Paper Place, I was totally amazed. It is an unimaginable variety of colorful papers and tissues. Some of the papers are even hand made. They also have paper [...]D: 9.2mi00
- The nicest beach in TorontoToronto's main beach in 'The Beaches' is pretty good, and what you would expect of a public beach. However I believe that Bluffer's Beach is far superior in beauty, privacy, and adventurous atmosphere. [...]D: 339.4mi00
- St. Lawrence MarketOne of the best places to spend an afternoon in Toronto is St. Lawrence Market. It is a real market of course mainly with farmers selling their home-made products and artists offering their art. The market is always busy, full of locals and [...]D: 10.7mi00
- Toronto Music GardenWhat could be better than walking on the beautiful waterfront of Toronto? The answer is doing that along Toronto Music Garden. I've heard somewhere that that the only problem with life is that there is not background music. Well, [...]D: 10.2mi00
- The Little Dollhouse CompanyIf you are or have ever been a little girl, Little Dollhouse Company is your childhod dream coming true. This store hasn't only got dollhouses, but all the possible accessories to a dollhouse. There are a lot of houses of different [...]D: 9.9mi00
Things about Toronto you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
We offer a variety of fully refurbished accommodations in the heart of Brisbane's central business district. Secure parking is available. There are...
Food: Last Minute Discount Brisbane Hotel Deals
One of the world's largest squares, the Plaza de la Revolucion is not so grand at first sight, being an enormous concrete place with no shade at...
History & Culture: Plaza de la Revolucion in Havana
If you are at Weingarten around the end of july and during august, you should visit the theater festival at the monastery of Weingarten. It exists...
History & Culture: Theater festival at the monastery of the city
The Klein Helgoland on the small island of Foehr is named after maybe one of Germany's smallest islands (Helgoland). The place is really cozy...
Food: Cakes at Cafe Klein Helgoland
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
London, United Kingdom
The British Museum is one of the biggest and most famous museums in London. Personally, I found it the most interesting one. There are many...
History & Culture: British Museum
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
Mamaia is one of the best points of atraction on the Black Sea Beach on the Romanian teritory. The principal point of atraction in Mamaia is the...
General: Aqua Magic, Mamaia
Whenever I'm in a new city I always look for original historical establishments because those are the ones that can truly give you an insight...
History & Culture: Kelton House Museum & Garden
Saint Paul, Minnesota
The museum is quite family oriented with a lot of areas which are dedicated for child entertainment. The History Center Museum is a great visitor...
History & Culture: History Center Museum