Fort York, Toronto, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Toronto > Fort York
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Now, open for visitors, it gives a fascinating insight into the life of soldiers and officers back in the 19th century. You can visit the former quarters, go up to the ramparts and if you are going during the summer, see demonstrations and festivals.
100 Garrison Rd, Toronto, ON M5V 3K9, Canada
May 19 – September 2, 10am – 5pm daily
Sept. 4 – Dec. 16, Weekdays 10am – 4pm, Weekends 1
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Toronto
- Air Canada CenterLocated in the Lakeshore Boulevard area, the Air Canada Center is the home of Toronto's two beloved sports teams, the hockey team - Toronto Maple Leafs and the basketball team, the Toronto Raptors. The Center is also used as [...]D: 10.9mi00
- St. Lawrence MarketOne of the best places to spend an afternoon in Toronto is St. Lawrence Market. It is a real market of course mainly with farmers selling their home-made products and artists offering their art. The market is always busy, full of locals and [...]D: 10.7mi00
- Toronto Music GardenWhat could be better than walking on the beautiful waterfront of Toronto? The answer is doing that along Toronto Music Garden. I've heard somewhere that that the only problem with life is that there is not background music. Well, [...]D: 10.2mi00
- AccessityThe greatest place in all Toronto to buy all accessories to your outfit is Accessity. This great place offers the products of a lot of designers from Canada from Kelly Lehman to Merx and others. The store has got private collections as well [...]D: 9.8mi00
- The Little Dollhouse CompanyIf you are or have ever been a little girl, Little Dollhouse Company is your childhod dream coming true. This store hasn't only got dollhouses, but all the possible accessories to a dollhouse. There are a lot of houses of different [...]D: 9.9mi00
Things about Toronto you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
Visit the big roman open air museum at the time when the plays of the roman reenactment groups take place. Every two years one of the biggest...
Night Life & Entertainment: Open air museum and plays in Xanten
You should definitely try out the 'Cave Bath' from Miskolc! It's an extraordinary experience...
Family & Fun: Cave bathing
Saint Petersburg, Russia
If you don't mind spending a few bucks,do check out this delightful little Italian/Fusion restaurant located right on the waters of the Neva...
Food: Acquarel Restaurant
Hello! I'd really like to tell you about my recent trip to the Chernobyl zone. This place is sadly known for one of the most tragic events in the...
History & Culture: Chernobyl Trips
Miami Beach, Florida
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach in Miami Beach
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...
Quite the bum, the Ooka Japanese Restaurant. They have a few locations in Pennsylvania, we haven't tried those yet, the one in Riverside is...
Food: Ooka Japanese Restaurant
With a decoration not really for the faint hearted, Li'l Abner's Steakhouse, however has the best steak prepared on open grill in town....
Food: Li'l Abner's Steakhouse
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns