Saint Petersburg Travel Tips, Russia
Travel tips > Europe > Russia > Saint Petersburg travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Saint Petersburg travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (8)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Family & Fun (1)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (3)
- Sightseeing (1)
Browse Saint Petersburg travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Saint Petersburg travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Saint Petersburg or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Saint Petersburg travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Saint Petersburg
- Cool place to stayAn adorable hostel awash with tiny cool details and cute things. I stayed at Friends on Griboedova, but they have some other location in the center as well – somewhere near Nevsky prospect and on Vosstania street. The one on Griboedova is [...]D: 2.9mi00
- KunstkameraKustkamera museum contains over a million exhibits gathered from all over the world, and it is the oldest state museum in Russia, dating back to the reign of Peter the Great. However, the main attraction of the museum is a gallery [...]D: n/a00
- Russian MuseumThe Russian Museum is a must see when you're visiting Saint Petersburg. They have a huge collection of art, mainly paintings and sculptures, by prominent Russian artists as well as foreigners. It was the first fine arts museum in Russia [...]D: n/a00
- The Field of MarsSaint Petersburg boasts that it has more green space than Paris, and while I'm no judge of that, I can tell you for sure that there is no lack of wonderful parks in the city. One of my personal favorites is the Field of Mars, a park [...]D: 13.5mi00
- Church of the Savior on the Spilled BloodThis incredible building is one of those attractions that you absolutely shouldn't miss when visiting St. Petersburg. At the first glance, it looks more like a giant gingerbread castle than a church, but in fact it is an interesting [...]D: 2mi00
- Summer GardenPeter the Great did many great things (no pun intended), and this amazing garden is one of them. The emperor was actually involved in planning the garden, and he did a pretty good job of it. Apart from the park's amazingly ordered [...]D: 3.5mi00
- Dickens Pub in Saint PetersburgIf for whatever reason you are starting to miss the atmosphere of traditional English pubs, check out this interesting spot. Dickens pub offers some typical (but really delicious pub grub), and a great selection of beers, mostly English, [...]D: n/a00
- Chainaya Lozhka fast-food restaurantIf you are low on money while visiting Saint Petersburg, don't despair. This city has enough good restaurant to feed an entire horde of starved backpackers. Chainaya Lozhka, for example, serves some great, filling and cheap Russian [...]D: n/a00
- Na Zdorovye! RestaurantThe name of the restaurant alone, coupled with the fact that it looks like the peak of Soviet kitsch, might lead some people to believe that it is a tourist trap. But it really isn't, so don't let the decor keep you out! This is a [...]D: n/a00
- Ostrov ClubThree words: spinning dance floor!If you like dancing, and you'd like to experience something different than the regular dance floors you can find anywhere else, check out the Ostrov. Located in a beautiful renovated mansion, this club [...]D: n/a00
- A2 ClubNightlife in Saint Petersburg is thriving, as expected from such a vibrant city. A2 Club is one of the best clubs in town if you ask me (and I'm sure many of the locals would agree). The club was founded by a member of a famous Russian [...]D: n/a00
- The Historic Center of Saint PetersburgI you ask me, all of Saint Petersburg is definitely worth visiting, but if you don't feel like walking around all the town in search of cool things to see (although there are lots of them, I assure you), just take a tour of the old city [...]D: n/a00
- Alexander Newskij MonasterySome of the oldest buildings in Saint Petersburg can be found at this monastery, as well as a cemetery where many of the local celebrities were laid to rest. If you are a fan of classical music, you can pay your respects at the graves of [...]D: n/a00
- Acquarel RestaurantIf you don't mind spending a few bucks,do check out this delightful little Italian/Fusion restaurant located right on the waters of the Neva river. In addition to a wide range of Italian dishes (which are excellent, by the way), the [...]D: 2.8mi00
- State Hermitage MuseumCatherine the Great, the famous empress of Russia was the initiator of the collection that gave birth to the State Hermitage Museum, currently one of the largest museums in the world. Tips before visiting: buy a ticket before the day of [...]D: 2.9mi00
- The Pushkinskaya 10 Art CenterIf you are an art afficionado, you should definitely take a look at what's under the roof of the Pushkinskaya center, a place where art galleries, art shops, museums and studios have gathered to form a space where art is omnipresent and [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Geschichte und KulturSankt Petersburg ist eine sehr schöne Stadt mit viel Geschichte und Kultur. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Saint Petersburg you may be interested in
Recent Saint Petersburg flights found by Travelgrove users
- $636 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Detroit, MI (DTW) St. Petersburg, RU (LED) 10/20/2015 03:50 pm St. Petersburg, RU (LED) Detroit, MI (DTW) 10/27/2015 06:15 am
- $685 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Denver, CO (DEN) St. Petersburg, RU (LED) 09/30/2015 01:00 pm St. Petersburg, RU (LED) Denver, CO (DEN) 10/14/2015 05:40 am
- $703 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Houston, TX (IAH) St. Petersburg, RU (LED) 09/29/2015 04:20 pm St. Petersburg, RU (LED) Houston, TX (IAH) 10/06/2015 02:05 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are looking for a beach vacation, Cairns isnt the right place, because there´s no beach close to the city, neither you can walk there. But...
Outdoors Activities: No beach vacations
To really experience the Afro-Cuban culture, visiting the small side street called Callejon de Hamel is a must for everyone. It is amazing. The...
Family & Fun: Callejon de Hamel in Havana
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
At the heart of Rome, the Piazza Venezia is located, depart from the main roads (Via del Corso, Via Quattro Novembre, VIa Plebiscito, Via dei Fiori...
General: National Memorial for Vittorio Emanuele II.
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
We were pleasantly surprised by the good quality of food in the Sahara Mediterranean Cuisine the last time we went to Lexington. They really use...
Food: Sahara Mediterranean Cuisine
I you are looking for a cafe/pub which is both geeky and cool, and where you can enjoy the best coffee in the state while listening to great live...
Night Life & Entertainment: Backspace Cafe
Both a shop and a museum, the Tucson Mineral and Gem World is a unique place where you can find really rare rocks, meteorites, fossils, and...
History & Culture: Tucson Mineral and Gem World