Saint Petersburg Travel Tips, Russia
Travel tips > Europe > Russia > Saint Petersburg travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Saint Petersburg travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (8)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Family & Fun (1)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (3)
- Sightseeing (1)
Browse Saint Petersburg travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Saint Petersburg travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Saint Petersburg or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Saint Petersburg travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Saint Petersburg
- Cool place to stayAn adorable hostel awash with tiny cool details and cute things. I stayed at Friends on Griboedova, but they have some other location in the center as well – somewhere near Nevsky prospect and on Vosstania street. The one on Griboedova is [...]D: 2.9mi00
- KunstkameraKustkamera museum contains over a million exhibits gathered from all over the world, and it is the oldest state museum in Russia, dating back to the reign of Peter the Great. However, the main attraction of the museum is a gallery [...]D: n/a00
- Russian MuseumThe Russian Museum is a must see when you're visiting Saint Petersburg. They have a huge collection of art, mainly paintings and sculptures, by prominent Russian artists as well as foreigners. It was the first fine arts museum in Russia [...]D: n/a00
- The Field of MarsSaint Petersburg boasts that it has more green space than Paris, and while I'm no judge of that, I can tell you for sure that there is no lack of wonderful parks in the city. One of my personal favorites is the Field of Mars, a park [...]D: 13.5mi00
- Church of the Savior on the Spilled BloodThis incredible building is one of those attractions that you absolutely shouldn't miss when visiting St. Petersburg. At the first glance, it looks more like a giant gingerbread castle than a church, but in fact it is an interesting [...]D: 2mi00
- Summer GardenPeter the Great did many great things (no pun intended), and this amazing garden is one of them. The emperor was actually involved in planning the garden, and he did a pretty good job of it. Apart from the park's amazingly ordered [...]D: 3.5mi00
- Dickens Pub in Saint PetersburgIf for whatever reason you are starting to miss the atmosphere of traditional English pubs, check out this interesting spot. Dickens pub offers some typical (but really delicious pub grub), and a great selection of beers, mostly English, [...]D: n/a00
- Chainaya Lozhka fast-food restaurantIf you are low on money while visiting Saint Petersburg, don't despair. This city has enough good restaurant to feed an entire horde of starved backpackers. Chainaya Lozhka, for example, serves some great, filling and cheap Russian [...]D: n/a00
- Na Zdorovye! RestaurantThe name of the restaurant alone, coupled with the fact that it looks like the peak of Soviet kitsch, might lead some people to believe that it is a tourist trap. But it really isn't, so don't let the decor keep you out! This is a [...]D: n/a00
- Ostrov ClubThree words: spinning dance floor!If you like dancing, and you'd like to experience something different than the regular dance floors you can find anywhere else, check out the Ostrov. Located in a beautiful renovated mansion, this club [...]D: n/a00
- A2 ClubNightlife in Saint Petersburg is thriving, as expected from such a vibrant city. A2 Club is one of the best clubs in town if you ask me (and I'm sure many of the locals would agree). The club was founded by a member of a famous Russian [...]D: n/a00
- The Historic Center of Saint PetersburgI you ask me, all of Saint Petersburg is definitely worth visiting, but if you don't feel like walking around all the town in search of cool things to see (although there are lots of them, I assure you), just take a tour of the old city [...]D: n/a00
- Alexander Newskij MonasterySome of the oldest buildings in Saint Petersburg can be found at this monastery, as well as a cemetery where many of the local celebrities were laid to rest. If you are a fan of classical music, you can pay your respects at the graves of [...]D: n/a00
- Acquarel RestaurantIf you don't mind spending a few bucks,do check out this delightful little Italian/Fusion restaurant located right on the waters of the Neva river. In addition to a wide range of Italian dishes (which are excellent, by the way), the [...]D: 2.8mi00
- State Hermitage MuseumCatherine the Great, the famous empress of Russia was the initiator of the collection that gave birth to the State Hermitage Museum, currently one of the largest museums in the world. Tips before visiting: buy a ticket before the day of [...]D: 2.9mi00
- The Pushkinskaya 10 Art CenterIf you are an art afficionado, you should definitely take a look at what's under the roof of the Pushkinskaya center, a place where art galleries, art shops, museums and studios have gathered to form a space where art is omnipresent and [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Geschichte und KulturSankt Petersburg ist eine sehr schöne Stadt mit viel Geschichte und Kultur. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Saint Petersburg you may be interested in
Recent Saint Petersburg flights found by Travelgrove users
- $758 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
faredepot.com check price
From To Departure Time Chicago, IL (ORD) St. Petersburg, RU (LED) 11/19/2014 04:25 pm St. Petersburg, RU (LED) Chicago, IL (ORD) 11/26/2014 07:30 pm
- $802 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
faredepot.com check price
From To Departure Time Denver, CO (DEN) St. Petersburg, RU (LED) 11/05/2014 04:10 pm St. Petersburg, RU (LED) Denver, CO (DEN) 11/19/2014 07:30 pm
- $832 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
faredepot.com check price
From To Departure Time Detroit, MI (DTW) St. Petersburg, RU (LED) 09/02/2014 04:23 pm St. Petersburg, RU (LED) Detroit, MI (DTW) 09/11/2014 06:30 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Fastnacht(or in 'bärndütsch' fasnacht) is one of the bigest event in this muliticultural country, irrespectively of different...
Night Life & Entertainment: 'Fastnacht'
The Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic...
History & Culture: Cathedral Notre Dame
I cannot say too much about Katerini, but I can assure you that you will regret if you miss out its park in the middle of the town! It is a...
Outdoors Activities: Beautiful park in the center of Katerini
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
While in Naples, you have to make sure that you visit Pompeii. It might be the most important Roman/Greek archeological site out there. Pompeii was...
History & Culture: Visit Pompeii
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
Welcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect...
General: Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real Estate
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
Long Beach, California
Perfect for kids, especially because there are feeding areas, but great for adults too. The Aquarium of the Pacific has so much to offer for a...
Family & Fun: Aquarium of the Pacific