Saint Petersburg Travel Tips, Russia
Travel tips > Europe > Russia > Saint Petersburg travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Saint Petersburg travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (8)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Family & Fun (1)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (3)
- Sightseeing (1)
Browse Saint Petersburg travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Saint Petersburg travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Saint Petersburg or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Saint Petersburg travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Saint Petersburg
- Cool place to stayAn adorable hostel awash with tiny cool details and cute things. I stayed at Friends on Griboedova, but they have some other location in the center as well – somewhere near Nevsky prospect and on Vosstania street. The one on Griboedova is [...]D: 2.9mi00
- KunstkameraKustkamera museum contains over a million exhibits gathered from all over the world, and it is the oldest state museum in Russia, dating back to the reign of Peter the Great. However, the main attraction of the museum is a gallery [...]D: n/a00
- Russian MuseumThe Russian Museum is a must see when you're visiting Saint Petersburg. They have a huge collection of art, mainly paintings and sculptures, by prominent Russian artists as well as foreigners. It was the first fine arts museum in Russia [...]D: n/a00
- The Field of MarsSaint Petersburg boasts that it has more green space than Paris, and while I'm no judge of that, I can tell you for sure that there is no lack of wonderful parks in the city. One of my personal favorites is the Field of Mars, a park [...]D: 13.5mi00
- Church of the Savior on the Spilled BloodThis incredible building is one of those attractions that you absolutely shouldn't miss when visiting St. Petersburg. At the first glance, it looks more like a giant gingerbread castle than a church, but in fact it is an interesting [...]D: 2mi00
- Summer GardenPeter the Great did many great things (no pun intended), and this amazing garden is one of them. The emperor was actually involved in planning the garden, and he did a pretty good job of it. Apart from the park's amazingly ordered [...]D: 3.5mi00
- Dickens Pub in Saint PetersburgIf for whatever reason you are starting to miss the atmosphere of traditional English pubs, check out this interesting spot. Dickens pub offers some typical (but really delicious pub grub), and a great selection of beers, mostly English, [...]D: n/a00
- Chainaya Lozhka fast-food restaurantIf you are low on money while visiting Saint Petersburg, don't despair. This city has enough good restaurant to feed an entire horde of starved backpackers. Chainaya Lozhka, for example, serves some great, filling and cheap Russian [...]D: n/a00
- Na Zdorovye! RestaurantThe name of the restaurant alone, coupled with the fact that it looks like the peak of Soviet kitsch, might lead some people to believe that it is a tourist trap. But it really isn't, so don't let the decor keep you out! This is a [...]D: n/a00
- Ostrov ClubThree words: spinning dance floor!If you like dancing, and you'd like to experience something different than the regular dance floors you can find anywhere else, check out the Ostrov. Located in a beautiful renovated mansion, this club [...]D: n/a00
- A2 ClubNightlife in Saint Petersburg is thriving, as expected from such a vibrant city. A2 Club is one of the best clubs in town if you ask me (and I'm sure many of the locals would agree). The club was founded by a member of a famous Russian [...]D: n/a00
- The Historic Center of Saint PetersburgI you ask me, all of Saint Petersburg is definitely worth visiting, but if you don't feel like walking around all the town in search of cool things to see (although there are lots of them, I assure you), just take a tour of the old city [...]D: n/a00
- Alexander Newskij MonasterySome of the oldest buildings in Saint Petersburg can be found at this monastery, as well as a cemetery where many of the local celebrities were laid to rest. If you are a fan of classical music, you can pay your respects at the graves of [...]D: n/a00
- Acquarel RestaurantIf you don't mind spending a few bucks,do check out this delightful little Italian/Fusion restaurant located right on the waters of the Neva river. In addition to a wide range of Italian dishes (which are excellent, by the way), the [...]D: 2.8mi00
- State Hermitage MuseumCatherine the Great, the famous empress of Russia was the initiator of the collection that gave birth to the State Hermitage Museum, currently one of the largest museums in the world. Tips before visiting: buy a ticket before the day of [...]D: 2.9mi00
- The Pushkinskaya 10 Art CenterIf you are an art afficionado, you should definitely take a look at what's under the roof of the Pushkinskaya center, a place where art galleries, art shops, museums and studios have gathered to form a space where art is omnipresent and [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Geschichte und KulturSankt Petersburg ist eine sehr schöne Stadt mit viel Geschichte und Kultur. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Saint Petersburg you may be interested in
Recent Saint Petersburg flights found by Travelgrove users
- $733 Finn Air
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Toronto, ON (YYZ) St. Petersburg, RU (LED) 10/03/2017 06:35 pm St. Petersburg, RU (LED) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 10/11/2017 07:40 pm
- $815 Multiple Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time San Francisco, CA (SFO) St. Petersburg, RU (LED) 10/18/2017 01:45 pm St. Petersburg, RU (LED) San Francisco, CA (SFO) 11/01/2017 07:25 am
- $905 Aeroflot
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (JFK) St. Petersburg, RU (LED) 07/19/2017 07:10 pm St. Petersburg, RU (LED) New York, NY (JFK) 08/14/2017 11:50 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Nimes, the ancient Nemausus, you should make a walk along the roman waterpipe. There is also the famous Pont du Gard, nearly...
History & Culture: Pont du Gard, roman waterpip
If you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the...
Public Transportation: Travel to Schinoussa
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
The Angio d'Or, ot Golden Angel is a very nice little place with acceptable prices. The atmosphere is very intimate and I was told that the...
Food: Angiol d'Or
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Cathedral Basilica and Bell Tower Once upon a time there was a King named Mindaugas who lived in what’s today Vilnius. The king was born a...
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai