Ostrov Club, Saint Petersburg, Russia
Travel tips > Europe > Russia > Saint Petersburg > Ostrov Club
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
Located in a beautiful renovated mansion, this club has a special atmosphere. Dance all night on the rhythms of Russian pop-music (it might take some time to get used to it, though), on a dance floor that not only spins, but also moves up and down. In summer, the dance floor is sprayed with a continuous mist of water - it will keep you cool and it's a much better sensation than it sounds!
The club is definitely not cheap, but it's really worth visiting at least once. It is a favorite among the bohemian youth of the city, as well as the rich and possibly famous. The drinks are top-notch, and they are accompanied by gourmet food (no standard fare pub grub here).
37, Lieutenant Schmidt Naberezhnaya
Recent travel tips for Saint Petersburg
- The Historic Center of Saint PetersburgI you ask me, all of Saint Petersburg is definitely worth visiting, but if you don't feel like walking around all the town in search of cool things to see (although there are lots of them, I assure you), just take a tour of the old city [...]D: n/a00
- Chainaya Lozhka fast-food restaurantIf you are low on money while visiting Saint Petersburg, don't despair. This city has enough good restaurant to feed an entire horde of starved backpackers. Chainaya Lozhka, for example, serves some great, filling and cheap Russian [...]D: n/a00
- The Field of MarsSaint Petersburg boasts that it has more green space than Paris, and while I'm no judge of that, I can tell you for sure that there is no lack of wonderful parks in the city. One of my personal favorites is the Field of Mars, a park [...]D: 13.5mi00
- Church of the Savior on the Spilled BloodThis incredible building is one of those attractions that you absolutely shouldn't miss when visiting St. Petersburg. At the first glance, it looks more like a giant gingerbread castle than a church, but in fact it is an interesting [...]D: 2mi00
- State Hermitage MuseumCatherine the Great, the famous empress of Russia was the initiator of the collection that gave birth to the State Hermitage Museum, currently one of the largest museums in the world. Tips before visiting: buy a ticket before the day of [...]D: 2.9mi00
Things about Saint Petersburg you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The City Hall was built in its present form by Jules Hardouin-Mansart in the year 1700. Check the gardens inside. No public access inside the...
Sightseeing: Hotel de Ville
If you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora.
General: The ancient city
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
The Angio d'Or, ot Golden Angel is a very nice little place with acceptable prices. The atmosphere is very intimate and I was told that the...
Food: Angiol d'Or
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
Visit Bratislava in November or December if you would like to see all the streets decorated, beautiful Christmas trees on the squares and of course...
Family & Fun: Christmas Market, Bratislava
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Albuquerque, New Mexico
If you are into sharp, chili sauces and you don't mind if your mouth burns up with fire, than Sadie's the place to visit, because they have...
Food: Sadie's in Albuquerque
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Quite a chic and elegant place. Well, no wonder, it has been around quite a while. I just love Dock's Oyster House. It has really tasty food...
Food: Dock's Oyster House
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz