Ostrov Club, Saint Petersburg, Russia
Travel tips > Europe > Russia > Saint Petersburg > Ostrov Club
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
Located in a beautiful renovated mansion, this club has a special atmosphere. Dance all night on the rhythms of Russian pop-music (it might take some time to get used to it, though), on a dance floor that not only spins, but also moves up and down. In summer, the dance floor is sprayed with a continuous mist of water - it will keep you cool and it's a much better sensation than it sounds!
The club is definitely not cheap, but it's really worth visiting at least once. It is a favorite among the bohemian youth of the city, as well as the rich and possibly famous. The drinks are top-notch, and they are accompanied by gourmet food (no standard fare pub grub here).
37, Lieutenant Schmidt Naberezhnaya
Recent travel tips for Saint Petersburg
- State Hermitage MuseumCatherine the Great, the famous empress of Russia was the initiator of the collection that gave birth to the State Hermitage Museum, currently one of the largest museums in the world. Tips before visiting: buy a ticket before the day of [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Chainaya Lozhka fast-food restaurantIf you are low on money while visiting Saint Petersburg, don't despair. This city has enough good restaurant to feed an entire horde of starved backpackers. Chainaya Lozhka, for example, serves some great, filling and cheap Russian [...]D: n/a00
- Cool place to stayAn adorable hostel awash with tiny cool details and cute things. I stayed at Friends on Griboedova, but they have some other location in the center as well – somewhere near Nevsky prospect and on Vosstania street. The one on Griboedova is [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Summer GardenPeter the Great did many great things (no pun intended), and this amazing garden is one of them. The emperor was actually involved in planning the garden, and he did a pretty good job of it. Apart from the park's amazingly ordered [...]D: 3.5mi00
- A2 ClubNightlife in Saint Petersburg is thriving, as expected from such a vibrant city. A2 Club is one of the best clubs in town if you ask me (and I'm sure many of the locals would agree). The club was founded by a member of a famous Russian [...]D: n/a00
Things about Saint Petersburg you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
If you are interested to know how the sultan palace looks like during the period of the Melaka Sultanate period. This Melaka sultanate Palace which...
Sightseeing: Melaka Sultanate Palace
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
Located inside Disneyland, thus quite accessible for families and friends visiting the magical land, Carnation Cafe is a great place to grab...
Food: Carnation Cafe
Just looking from the outside, the name would not even match, but knowing that it really was a Police Patrol House, makes The Precinct even more...
Food: The Precinct
The most tasty food I've ever tasted in Jacksonville was in Hala Cafe and Bakery. They have a wide variety of Greek and Middle-Eastern dishes...
Food: Hala Cafe and Bakery
Tampa is not just a Florida resort, it is also the place of swamps, gators and wilderness. Lettuce Lake Park is the perfect aspect of such land....
Sightseeing: Lettuce Lake Park
The newest Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is in Tulsa. It began as Cherokee bingo hall a couple decades ago and has evolved into a famous hotel and casino.
General: Hard Rock Hotel & Casino