The Historic Center of Saint Petersburg, Russia
Travel tips > Europe > Russia > Saint Petersburg > The Historic Center of Saint Petersburg
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The historic center is actually a UNESCO world heritage site, and for good reason. There are dozens, if not hundreds of amazing buildings there. Unfortunately, the city officials are planning to build a sky-scraper in the old city center, so I advise you to visit it before the historic landscape is marred (although if the protests of the locals will be taken seriously, the officials will give up their plan).
Anyway, enjoy a long stroll among some of the most beautiful buildings in Russia, some of which date back to the 18th century.
Free! Unless you want to stop for a cup of good Russian tea on the way.
Recent travel tips for Saint Petersburg
- The Field of MarsSaint Petersburg boasts that it has more green space than Paris, and while I'm no judge of that, I can tell you for sure that there is no lack of wonderful parks in the city. One of my personal favorites is the Field of Mars, a park [...]D: 13.5mi00
- Church of the Savior on the Spilled BloodThis incredible building is one of those attractions that you absolutely shouldn't miss when visiting St. Petersburg. At the first glance, it looks more like a giant gingerbread castle than a church, but in fact it is an interesting [...]D: 2mi00
- Alexander Newskij MonasterySome of the oldest buildings in Saint Petersburg can be found at this monastery, as well as a cemetery where many of the local celebrities were laid to rest. If you are a fan of classical music, you can pay your respects at the graves of [...]D: n/a00
- Cool place to stayAn adorable hostel awash with tiny cool details and cute things. I stayed at Friends on Griboedova, but they have some other location in the center as well – somewhere near Nevsky prospect and on Vosstania street. The one on Griboedova is [...]D: 2.9mi00
- A2 ClubNightlife in Saint Petersburg is thriving, as expected from such a vibrant city. A2 Club is one of the best clubs in town if you ask me (and I'm sure many of the locals would agree). The club was founded by a member of a famous Russian [...]D: n/a00
Things about Saint Petersburg you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The city was occupied and reconquered many times. This is why the city has a 4,5 km coastwall protection. You can see it wherever you go is...
History & Culture: Walls, lookouts and gateways
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
Manchester, United Kingdom
Never stops raining.
My opinion is that the best place you can choose for relaxing in Miskolc is the cave bath. It is a bath formed from a real cave. It is an...
General: Swimming inside a real cave
Indroda Park is quite an old park on the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Highway spread in over 400 hectares on the bank of river Sabarmati. It is...
Outdoors Activities: Indroda Park
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
The Alabama State Capitol Building is the first thing that you should visit in Montgomery. The building has witnessed events such as the...
Sightseeing: Alabama State Capitol Building
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz
A definitely family friendly sports venue where kids ranging from 5 to 16 and adults from 17 to 30 can take part in the races. Delta Speedway is...
Family & Fun: Delta Speedway