Rome Travel Tips, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Rome travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Rome travel tip categories:
- General (9)
- History & Culture (13)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (5)
- Shopping (2)
Browse Rome travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Rome travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Rome or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Rome travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Rome
- Case RomaneCase Romane or Case Romane del Celio is one of the best preserved Roman villas that can be visited today. It is located close to the Circus Maximus and can be reached by foot. The villa which was built in the third century A.D. was [...]D: n/a00
- Free WifiIf you are looking for free Wifi when in Rome, check out Barnum. This is the coziest place I have found with very friendly service. I never had Internet connection problems and the Wifi is free. [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Free Wifi - Internet Cafe BarnumBarnum is my favorite internet cafe in Rome. I need free Wifi when I travel to manage my business and this is the perfect spot. The place is somewhat alternative, offers healthy freshly prepared food, awesome coffee and great juices (Mine [...]D: 0.7mi00
- BabaThe only good thing about this restaurant is that pets are allowed. The rest is, well... terrible. Food is, although cheap, but little and that little is just bad. I don't say it's inedible, but why would you go to a place with an [...]D: 3.5mi20
- Abbazia delle Tre FontaneInteresting place. It´s a Zisterzienser abbey. The apostle Paulus was apparently decapitated there. Place consists of three different churches and the abbey. Telefon: +39 065401655 firstname.lastname@example.org [...]D: 4.5mi10
- The catacombsThe Catacombs of St.Callixtus (San Callisto) are among the largest and most important of Rome. They originated around the middle of the 2nd Century. and form a burial complex of 15 hectares of expansion, with the ductal network of about 20 [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Catacombs of San SebastianoThe entrance to the Catacombs of San Sebastiano is located at the address Via Appia Antica. 136th. The church of San Sebastiano was built over these catacombs in the 4th Century. In 1632 this church got its present baroque outlook. In the [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Via Appia AnticaNear the catacombs of San Sebastiano and San Callisto in the south from the city center is the ancient old cobblestone street, the most famous road in the world. The Via Appia Antica connects Rome with the area of the Campagna. In ancient [...]D: 2.7mi00
- National Memorial for Vittorio Emanuele II.At the heart of Rome, the Piazza Venezia is located, depart from the main roads (Via del Corso, Via Quattro Novembre, VIa Plebiscito, Via dei Fiori Romani (that leads along the Roman Forum to the Colosseum). On this square stands the white [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Santa Maria della ConcezioneIf you want to see some interesting thing in Rome, you should visit the Ossuarium of the church 'Santa Maria della Concezione'. Over 4000 skelettons of Kapuziner monks are positioned here, and even crosses and cristian smybols like the [...]D: 0.4mi10
- Fonatana di TreviFontana di Trevi is one of the most beautiful fountains in the world. It must be! Obviously quite different from spectacular modern fountains this is a place of history and beauty. The fountain stands 25.9 meters (85 feet) high and is 19 [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Wine tastingGreat wine tasting in the center of Rome. This place is great for all of you foodies or wine lovers. You'll be able to eat some appetizers and taste a few typical Italian wines. Included will be: -Three glasses of wine -Sample cheeses [...]D: 0.9mi00
- The living museumThe Eternal City...a living museum that one must see and experience. [...]D: n/a10
- TrastevereTrastevere offers a lot of beauty and life. This is the old town of Rome, if one can really call it that. It should be called the "really old" town. Anyhow, the place is a student's favorite hangout. It's packed with bars, coffee shops and [...]D: 1mi00
- The Vatican MusemThe Vatican Museum is one of the most important Museums in Rome and probably in the World. You can find fantastic artwork including works of Rafael and the famous Sistine Chape. When in Rome, make sure you visit this place as it's really a [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Caffe Della PalmeCaffe Della Palme is really close to the Pantheon and actually located in the heart of Rome (Via de Pantheon I believe). It's the most amazing ice cream shop I ever came by, with amazing gelato and truly a must for any foodie :) [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Ostia Free Beach near RomeJust to get away from the city I think it's nice to visit Ostia and go to the beach. I know it's not the Bahamas, but it's still nice and relaxing and if you go during the week there are barely any people. Also if you go by car be sure that [...]D: n/a00
- Shopping at Via Veneto and Via CondottiVia Veneto as well as Via Condotti are the most exclusive places to shop in Rome. They are both connected to the Spanish stairs and are really wonderful if you have really deep pockets. For people on a budget I would try the Corso which is [...]D: 15.1mi10
- Visit Porta di RomaVisit Porta di Roma. This place is one of the largest shopping centers in Europe with apparently 250 shops. I went there last week and it's pretty much like shopping in the US. While there, check out the humonguous super market with all the [...]D: n/a01
- Pizza and Pasta and Fiori di ZuccaObviously, Pizza and Pasta are among the most wanted foods in Rome. I suggest Fiori di Zucca (Zucchini Flowers, which is a really cool dish. Basically, Zucchini Flowers stuffed with fish and then breaded and deep fried ;). Anyhow, make sure [...]D: n/a00
- PantheonPantheon: When in Rome, you must see the Pantheon. It's probably one of the most fascinating buildings in the City. The Pantheon was built 27 BC by the son-in-law of Augustus an for me it truly shows the lost beauty of ancient Rome the most [...]D: 0.3mi00
- ColosseumColosseum: While most guides will tell you to visit the Colosseum, I would recommend a nice stroll around it. The impressive part is the outside. If you really want to go inside, you should go early in the morning so you don't have to wait [...]D: 0.8mi00
- The Vatican MuseumThe Vatican Museum - While most people only go to the Vatican Museum to see the Sixteenth Chapel, there are a ton of other things to see there. There is a great collection of Roman statues as well as Egyptian, Roman, and Etruscan artwork. [...]D: 1.6mi00
- The ancient ColosseumIf you plan to visit the Colosseum in the tourist season, go there in the morning. That has got two reasons: 1. A lot of tourists gruops come there by bus and train, what makes you waiting for entrance for a very long time. 2. In the noon [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Die Sehenswürdigkeiten von RomIhr müsst unbedingt das Coloseum, Forum Romanum, Palatin, Panthion, Peters Dom und das Vatikanische Museum anschauen. [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Tutto PizzaWenn ihr in Rom seid und gute Pizza bestellen wollt, dann bestellt Pizza bei Tutto Pizza. Dort ist die Pizza super. [...]D: n/a10
- Campo SantoIf a german visits the sistine chapel, he should also visit the 'campo santo'. It reaches back in medieval times and you´re only allowed to enter it when you´re german or at least german speaking. That was fixed in medieval times. [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Saint Peter's Basilica, RomeIf you arrive to Rome you should not miss to visit the Saint Peter's Basilica wich is magnific regarding the architectural point of view. Under the Saint Peter's cathedral there are the shrines of all the Popes. [...]D: n/a00
- Sistine Chapel - Cappella SistinaI think the Sistine Chapel (called Cappella Sistina in Italian) must have seen when you're travelling to Rome, by taking a tour in the Vatican Museum. The denomination comes from the name of the pope Sixtus the IV., who commissioned the [...]D: n/a00
- Sightseeing in Rome (Vatican Museum)When I've visited Rome it was in 2000. I've remained with some nice memories about the capital of Italy. I was impresed about the Vatican Museum, the Saint Peter's Cathedral and also for me, as I'm a football fan the Stadio Olimpico Stadium [...]D: 1.6mi00
- My favourite restaurantYou should go to the 'ristorante da fratellis', located near the 'via nationale'. [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Rome you may be interested in
Recent Rome flights found by Travelgrove users
- $329 Multiple Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (JFK) Rome, IT (FCO) 01/29/2020 07:05 pm Rome, IT (FCO) New York, NY (JFK) 02/06/2020 11:55 am
- $369 Swiss International Air Lines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Newark, NJ (EWR) Rome, IT (FCO) 01/29/2020 10:05 pm Rome, IT (FCO) Newark, NJ (EWR) 02/06/2020 02:50 pm
- $374 British Airways
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Boston, MA (BOS) Rome, IT (FCO) 01/08/2020 09:30 pm Rome, IT (FCO) Boston, MA (BOS) 01/20/2020 08:30 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Beach is home to an impressive beachfront where you can spend an entire day basking in the glorious sunshine and taking in the surrounding...
General: Jumeirah Beach is home
The Brandenburg Gate is the symbol of the unification of East and West Berlin as it stood on no-man's land during the cold war and was reopened in...
History & Culture: Brandenburg Gate
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
Do, by no means miss pork leg and lamb leg here. It is exceptional how they make it, they say this region is the only place where you can find it...
Food: Asador Tierra Aranda
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
Hi, so there is a river that goes right near the city of Poltava, Ukraine. Our summers are really, really hot, so many people get out of the city....
Beaches : Things to do in Poltava in summer
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley
Great tour!!! The kids just loved every minute of it. The cows were so funny sometimes making faces and licking their noses. It was hilarious. The...
Family & Fun: Superstition Farm
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.