Rome Travel Tips, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Rome travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Rome travel tip categories:
- General (9)
- History & Culture (13)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (5)
- Shopping (2)
Browse Rome travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Rome travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Rome or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Rome travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Rome
- Case RomaneCase Romane or Case Romane del Celio is one of the best preserved Roman villas that can be visited today. It is located close to the Circus Maximus and can be reached by foot. The villa which was built in the third century A.D. was [...]D: n/a00
- Free WifiIf you are looking for free Wifi when in Rome, check out Barnum. This is the coziest place I have found with very friendly service. I never had Internet connection problems and the Wifi is free. [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Free Wifi - Internet Cafe BarnumBarnum is my favorite internet cafe in Rome. I need free Wifi when I travel to manage my business and this is the perfect spot. The place is somewhat alternative, offers healthy freshly prepared food, awesome coffee and great juices (Mine [...]D: 0.7mi00
- BabaThe only good thing about this restaurant is that pets are allowed. The rest is, well... terrible. Food is, although cheap, but little and that little is just bad. I don't say it's inedible, but why would you go to a place with an [...]D: 3.5mi20
- Abbazia delle Tre FontaneInteresting place. It´s a Zisterzienser abbey. The apostle Paulus was apparently decapitated there. Place consists of three different churches and the abbey. Telefon: +39 065401655 email@example.com [...]D: 4.5mi10
- The catacombsThe Catacombs of St.Callixtus (San Callisto) are among the largest and most important of Rome. They originated around the middle of the 2nd Century. and form a burial complex of 15 hectares of expansion, with the ductal network of about 20 [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Catacombs of San SebastianoThe entrance to the Catacombs of San Sebastiano is located at the address Via Appia Antica. 136th. The church of San Sebastiano was built over these catacombs in the 4th Century. In 1632 this church got its present baroque outlook. In the [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Via Appia AnticaNear the catacombs of San Sebastiano and San Callisto in the south from the city center is the ancient old cobblestone street, the most famous road in the world. The Via Appia Antica connects Rome with the area of the Campagna. In ancient [...]D: 2.7mi00
- National Memorial for Vittorio Emanuele II.At the heart of Rome, the Piazza Venezia is located, depart from the main roads (Via del Corso, Via Quattro Novembre, VIa Plebiscito, Via dei Fiori Romani (that leads along the Roman Forum to the Colosseum). On this square stands the white [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Santa Maria della ConcezioneIf you want to see some interesting thing in Rome, you should visit the Ossuarium of the church 'Santa Maria della Concezione'. Over 4000 skelettons of Kapuziner monks are positioned here, and even crosses and cristian smybols like the [...]D: 0.4mi10
- Fonatana di TreviFontana di Trevi is one of the most beautiful fountains in the world. It must be! Obviously quite different from spectacular modern fountains this is a place of history and beauty. The fountain stands 25.9 meters (85 feet) high and is 19 [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Wine tastingGreat wine tasting in the center of Rome. This place is great for all of you foodies or wine lovers. You'll be able to eat some appetizers and taste a few typical Italian wines. Included will be: -Three glasses of wine -Sample cheeses [...]D: 0.9mi00
- The living museumThe Eternal City...a living museum that one must see and experience. [...]D: n/a10
- TrastevereTrastevere offers a lot of beauty and life. This is the old town of Rome, if one can really call it that. It should be called the "really old" town. Anyhow, the place is a student's favorite hangout. It's packed with bars, coffee shops and [...]D: 1mi00
- The Vatican MusemThe Vatican Museum is one of the most important Museums in Rome and probably in the World. You can find fantastic artwork including works of Rafael and the famous Sistine Chape. When in Rome, make sure you visit this place as it's really a [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Caffe Della PalmeCaffe Della Palme is really close to the Pantheon and actually located in the heart of Rome (Via de Pantheon I believe). It's the most amazing ice cream shop I ever came by, with amazing gelato and truly a must for any foodie :) [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Ostia Free Beach near RomeJust to get away from the city I think it's nice to visit Ostia and go to the beach. I know it's not the Bahamas, but it's still nice and relaxing and if you go during the week there are barely any people. Also if you go by car be sure that [...]D: n/a00
- Shopping at Via Veneto and Via CondottiVia Veneto as well as Via Condotti are the most exclusive places to shop in Rome. They are both connected to the Spanish stairs and are really wonderful if you have really deep pockets. For people on a budget I would try the Corso which is [...]D: 15.1mi10
- Visit Porta di RomaVisit Porta di Roma. This place is one of the largest shopping centers in Europe with apparently 250 shops. I went there last week and it's pretty much like shopping in the US. While there, check out the humonguous super market with all the [...]D: n/a01
- Pizza and Pasta and Fiori di ZuccaObviously, Pizza and Pasta are among the most wanted foods in Rome. I suggest Fiori di Zucca (Zucchini Flowers, which is a really cool dish. Basically, Zucchini Flowers stuffed with fish and then breaded and deep fried ;). Anyhow, make sure [...]D: n/a00
- PantheonPantheon: When in Rome, you must see the Pantheon. It's probably one of the most fascinating buildings in the City. The Pantheon was built 27 BC by the son-in-law of Augustus an for me it truly shows the lost beauty of ancient Rome the most [...]D: 0.3mi00
- ColosseumColosseum: While most guides will tell you to visit the Colosseum, I would recommend a nice stroll around it. The impressive part is the outside. If you really want to go inside, you should go early in the morning so you don't have to wait [...]D: 0.8mi00
- The Vatican MuseumThe Vatican Museum - While most people only go to the Vatican Museum to see the Sixteenth Chapel, there are a ton of other things to see there. There is a great collection of Roman statues as well as Egyptian, Roman, and Etruscan artwork. [...]D: 1.6mi00
- The ancient ColosseumIf you plan to visit the Colosseum in the tourist season, go there in the morning. That has got two reasons: 1. A lot of tourists gruops come there by bus and train, what makes you waiting for entrance for a very long time. 2. In the noon [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Die Sehenswürdigkeiten von RomIhr müsst unbedingt das Coloseum, Forum Romanum, Palatin, Panthion, Peters Dom und das Vatikanische Museum anschauen. [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Tutto PizzaWenn ihr in Rom seid und gute Pizza bestellen wollt, dann bestellt Pizza bei Tutto Pizza. Dort ist die Pizza super. [...]D: n/a10
- Campo SantoIf a german visits the sistine chapel, he should also visit the 'campo santo'. It reaches back in medieval times and you´re only allowed to enter it when you´re german or at least german speaking. That was fixed in medieval times. [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Saint Peter's Basilica, RomeIf you arrive to Rome you should not miss to visit the Saint Peter's Basilica wich is magnific regarding the architectural point of view. Under the Saint Peter's cathedral there are the shrines of all the Popes. [...]D: n/a00
- Sistine Chapel - Cappella SistinaI think the Sistine Chapel (called Cappella Sistina in Italian) must have seen when you're travelling to Rome, by taking a tour in the Vatican Museum. The denomination comes from the name of the pope Sixtus the IV., who commissioned the [...]D: n/a00
- Sightseeing in Rome (Vatican Museum)When I've visited Rome it was in 2000. I've remained with some nice memories about the capital of Italy. I was impresed about the Vatican Museum, the Saint Peter's Cathedral and also for me, as I'm a football fan the Stadio Olimpico Stadium [...]D: 1.6mi00
- My favourite restaurantYou should go to the 'ristorante da fratellis', located near the 'via nationale'. [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Rome you may be interested in
Recent Rome flights found by Travelgrove users
- $739 SAS Scandinavian Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Chicago, IL (ORD) Rome, IT (FCO) 04/05/2023 10:00 pm Rome, IT (FCO) Chicago, IL (ORD) 04/12/2023 02:35 pm
- $757 Multiple Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Toronto, ON (YYZ) Rome, IT (FCO) 10/06/2023 03:25 pm Rome, IT (FCO) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 10/22/2023 08:15 pm
- $777 British Airways
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) Rome, IT (FCO) 04/26/2023 02:31 pm Rome, IT (FCO) Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) 05/03/2023 10:10 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Don't go to the so called 'Rion' beach, it´s just real touristic crap.
Outdoors Activities: Rion beach
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
If you plan to go to Capri, take a look at the schedule of the ferries. Normally they go there at a certain time, but not every five minutes.
General: Check the schedule of the ferries
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
Visit Braila city ,Romania, an historical towm on the Danube, with a local guide -walking tour in Braila city -historical places,churches,main...
Sightseeing: Braila city tour/Braila walking tour
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
Balboa Island, California
Go down there to visit family and friends. if you don't have any, in the area, I would go for a walk to see the cute houses and drink some coffee....
Family & Fun: Visit family and friends
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets
While in venice, make sure you walk a lot and watch people. Don't get stuck anywhere and buying stuff is not worth it. It is a cheap place but...
General: Walk a lot and watch people