Via Appia Antica, Rome, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Rome > Via Appia Antica
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The street is worth a walk. But in modern times more and more gets destroyed by the growing city.
Via Appia Antica, 57-83, 00179 Rom, Italien
How to get there:
Take the subway to the station 'via ostiense' and then the bus.
Recent travel tips for Rome
- The catacombsThe Catacombs of St.Callixtus (San Callisto) are among the largest and most important of Rome. They originated around the middle of the 2nd Century. and form a burial complex of 15 hectares of expansion, with the ductal network of about 20 [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Caffe Della PalmeCaffe Della Palme is really close to the Pantheon and actually located in the heart of Rome (Via de Pantheon I believe). It's the most amazing ice cream shop I ever came by, with amazing gelato and truly a must for any foodie :) [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Case RomaneCase Romane or Case Romane del Celio is one of the best preserved Roman villas that can be visited today. It is located close to the Circus Maximus and can be reached by foot. The villa which was built in the third century A.D. was [...]D: n/a00
- National Memorial for Vittorio Emanuele II.At the heart of Rome, the Piazza Venezia is located, depart from the main roads (Via del Corso, Via Quattro Novembre, VIa Plebiscito, Via dei Fiori Romani (that leads along the Roman Forum to the Colosseum). On this square stands the white [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Sightseeing in Rome (Vatican Museum)When I've visited Rome it was in 2000. I've remained with some nice memories about the capital of Italy. I was impresed about the Vatican Museum, the Saint Peter's Cathedral and also for me, as I'm a football fan the Stadio Olimpico Stadium [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Rome you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
If you are looking for a good restaurant for having lunch in the city center, i recommend the 'Walfisch', in english it means Wale. It´s an good...
Food: Restaurant Walfisch
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
Though Arlington is not one of the bigger cities, it sure has great dining places. Papasito's Cantina has the best Tex-Mex cuisine all around...
Food: Pappasito's Cantina
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Only a couple of miles from Atlantic City, near Margate, this amazing and quite interesting sight is a picture-perfect destination. Kids love Lucy...
Sightseeing: Lucy the Elephant
I have never seen a house from which only the pillars remained after it burned down. When I saw the mansion in rural Lauderdale County I was amazed...
History & Culture: Forks of Cypress, a Mysterious Plantation
Kansas City, Missouri
Featuring an eclectic collection of artwork and crafts, the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is an eye-catching and intriguing place of culture combined...
History & Culture: Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
New York, New York
If you want to eat gorgeous chicken for few money goto the Canal street. There is a refuge with chinese foods.
General: Canal street refuge chinese foods
Overland Park, Kansas
Place Delicate clothing can be placed between two dry cleaner bags and then fold the item and pack. The garment will not have any fold creases and...
General: Place Delicate
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz