National Memorial for Vittorio Emanuele II., Rome, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Rome > National Memorial for Vittorio Emanuele II.
- General travel tip
- City center
On this square stands the white majestic National Monument for Vittorio Emanuele II.It was built till 1911 in memory of the unit and to glorify the virtues of the fatherland.
And located at the center, a stairway leads up to the altar of the country, where since 1921, the grave of the Unknown Soldier is located, who was killed during 1.WK.
Piazza Venezia, 00187 Rom, Italien
How to get there:
Take either busses to the piazza venzia or the subway to the stazione Termini and walk.
Recent travel tips for Rome
- Santa Maria della ConcezioneIf you want to see some interesting thing in Rome, you should visit the Ossuarium of the church 'Santa Maria della Concezione'. Over 4000 skelettons of Kapuziner monks are positioned here, and even crosses and cristian smybols like the [...]D: 0.4mi10
- Die Sehenswürdigkeiten von RomIhr müsst unbedingt das Coloseum, Forum Romanum, Palatin, Panthion, Peters Dom und das Vatikanische Museum anschauen. [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Via Appia AnticaNear the catacombs of San Sebastiano and San Callisto in the south from the city center is the ancient old cobblestone street, the most famous road in the world. The Via Appia Antica connects Rome with the area of the Campagna. In ancient [...]D: 2.7mi00
- The Vatican MusemThe Vatican Museum is one of the most important Museums in Rome and probably in the World. You can find fantastic artwork including works of Rafael and the famous Sistine Chape. When in Rome, make sure you visit this place as it's really a [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Caffe Della PalmeCaffe Della Palme is really close to the Pantheon and actually located in the heart of Rome (Via de Pantheon I believe). It's the most amazing ice cream shop I ever came by, with amazing gelato and truly a must for any foodie :) [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Rome you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
While in Friedrichshafen, don't miss out on visiting the Promenade. It's basically the street that's right by the Lake Constance. There are a ton...
Sightseeing: Friedrichshafen Promenade
When any of us think about the Galapagos we usually think of huge tortoises and Charles Darwin the man who created the idea of evolution. The...
Sightseeing: Charles Darwin Station
If you want to go to Dhelfoi, and you´ve got no car, check the bus and train schedules, otherwise you can suddenly be stuck for hours in the...
Public Transportation: Check the bus and train schedules
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
Singapore City, Singapore
This is a burger for those strict veggie eaters out there. I have not tried some myself, because me and veggies are far apart. But a close friend...
Food: The Burger for the Vegan
Dakar Bango, Senegal
Needs someone to trust ,write me with id(Bintaphdesmond@yahoo.com.sg)
History & Culture: Trusted one
Bangkok, Thailand is probably one of the most exotic and the hustling bustling capital cities in the world further than the Asia itself. Travelers...
Sightseeing: How to spend 24 hours in Bangkok, Thailand
We took the behind-the-scenes tour when we visited the Churchill Downs, which has been the home of the Kentucky Derby for ten of years, and it was...
Sightseeing: Churchill Downs
This museum is really unique. There aren't very many facilities that feature firefighting cars and materials for display to visitors. So this...
History & Culture: The Hall of Flame Museum of Firefighting in Phoenix