National Memorial for Vittorio Emanuele II., Rome, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Rome > National Memorial for Vittorio Emanuele II.
- General travel tip
- City center
On this square stands the white majestic National Monument for Vittorio Emanuele II.It was built till 1911 in memory of the unit and to glorify the virtues of the fatherland.
And located at the center, a stairway leads up to the altar of the country, where since 1921, the grave of the Unknown Soldier is located, who was killed during 1.WK.
Piazza Venezia, 00187 Rom, Italien
How to get there:
Take either busses to the piazza venzia or the subway to the stazione Termini and walk.
Recent travel tips for Rome
- PantheonPantheon: When in Rome, you must see the Pantheon. It's probably one of the most fascinating buildings in the City. The Pantheon was built 27 BC by the son-in-law of Augustus an for me it truly shows the lost beauty of ancient Rome the most [...]D: 0.3mi00
- The ancient ColosseumIf you plan to visit the Colosseum in the tourist season, go there in the morning. That has got two reasons: 1. A lot of tourists gruops come there by bus and train, what makes you waiting for entrance for a very long time. 2. In the noon [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Free Wifi - Internet Cafe BarnumBarnum is my favorite internet cafe in Rome. I need free Wifi when I travel to manage my business and this is the perfect spot. The place is somewhat alternative, offers healthy freshly prepared food, awesome coffee and great juices (Mine [...]D: 0.7mi00
- My favourite restaurantYou should go to the 'ristorante da fratellis', located near the 'via nationale'. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Sightseeing in Rome (Vatican Museum)When I've visited Rome it was in 2000. I've remained with some nice memories about the capital of Italy. I was impresed about the Vatican Museum, the Saint Peter's Cathedral and also for me, as I'm a football fan the Stadio Olimpico Stadium [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Rome you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Goa, Burkina Faso
About to turn 30? Well, there's no reason to panic. In fact, you should enjoy the new stage of your life. However, there are some things one must...
General: 7 Must Visit Destinations Before You Turn 30
Vancouver, British Columbia
Being close to the beach and famous attractions is what makes a hotel attractive in a visitors eyes. Though of course, price is also an issue...
General: Pan Pacific Waterfront Hotel
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
El Paso, Texas
Located downtown, the El Paso Museum of Art is small gem of artworks from European, Mexican and Latin-American artists. The best thing about the...
History & Culture: El Paso Museum of Art
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz
If you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway,...
Outdoors Activities: Mountains and nature