National Memorial for Vittorio Emanuele II., Rome, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Rome > National Memorial for Vittorio Emanuele II.
- General travel tip
- City center
On this square stands the white majestic National Monument for Vittorio Emanuele II.It was built till 1911 in memory of the unit and to glorify the virtues of the fatherland.
And located at the center, a stairway leads up to the altar of the country, where since 1921, the grave of the Unknown Soldier is located, who was killed during 1.WK.
Piazza Venezia, 00187 Rom, Italien
How to get there:
Take either busses to the piazza venzia or the subway to the stazione Termini and walk.
Recent travel tips for Rome
- The living museumThe Eternal City...a living museum that one must see and experience. [...]D: n/a10
- Sightseeing in Rome (Vatican Museum)When I've visited Rome it was in 2000. I've remained with some nice memories about the capital of Italy. I was impresed about the Vatican Museum, the Saint Peter's Cathedral and also for me, as I'm a football fan the Stadio Olimpico Stadium [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Saint Peter's Basilica, RomeIf you arrive to Rome you should not miss to visit the Saint Peter's Basilica wich is magnific regarding the architectural point of view. Under the Saint Peter's cathedral there are the shrines of all the Popes. [...]D: n/a00
- PantheonPantheon: When in Rome, you must see the Pantheon. It's probably one of the most fascinating buildings in the City. The Pantheon was built 27 BC by the son-in-law of Augustus an for me it truly shows the lost beauty of ancient Rome the most [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Via Appia AnticaNear the catacombs of San Sebastiano and San Callisto in the south from the city center is the ancient old cobblestone street, the most famous road in the world. The Via Appia Antica connects Rome with the area of the Campagna. In ancient [...]D: 2.7mi00
Things about Rome you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Do you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa,...
Food: Eating Cheap in Bielefeld
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
'Never been here before? We'll help you to organise your travel, but it is your trip in Morocco, you decide what to see where to go and when to...
Sightseeing: Morocco Desert Tour
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This restaurant is a great place to try the various local cusines and dishes of Malaysia. A tip here is if you are interested to try the local...
Food: Restoran Mustika Zamzam
Quite close to the Alaska Center of Performing Art and the City Hall, the Orso Ristorante serve Italian food, bringing a little bit of Europe to...
Food: Orso Ristorante
Deep Dish Pizza is the pride and speciality of Chicago. It appeareed in the 1940s in pizzerias and is very popular ever since. It was first done...
Food: Deep Dish Pizza
Even if you're not a big racing fan, a visit to Keeneland is still worth your time. The admission is only $5 and if you aren't planning on...
Sports & Wellness : Keeneland
New Orleans, Louisiana
Lafitte's Blacksmith claims to be one of the oldest bars in the United States, and even if that's not accurate, this pub is pretty old anyway - it...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head
Durban, South Africa
Looking for a Durban, South Africa hotel for this weekend for this Friday and Saturday night? You will definitely get the most value and the best...
General: The Best Hotels in Durban For This Weekend