State Hermitage Museum, Saint Petersburg, Russia
Travel tips > Europe > Russia > Saint Petersburg > State Hermitage Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Tips before visiting: buy a ticket before the day of the visit, or else you might end up standing in lines much longer than actually visiting the museum. And pick up a booklet while at it, because the museum is so large that it's useful to plan your tour ahead (especially if you want to spend only one day at the museum).
What can you expect to find there? Great art, from Van Gogh to Picasso and other artistic geniuses.
Palace Embankment, 34, St Petersburg, Russia, 191186
Tuesdays - Saturdays: from 10:30 to 18: 00
On Sundays from 10:30 to 17:00
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Saint Petersburg
- The Historic Center of Saint PetersburgI you ask me, all of Saint Petersburg is definitely worth visiting, but if you don't feel like walking around all the town in search of cool things to see (although there are lots of them, I assure you), just take a tour of the old city [...]D: n/a00
- A2 ClubNightlife in Saint Petersburg is thriving, as expected from such a vibrant city. A2 Club is one of the best clubs in town if you ask me (and I'm sure many of the locals would agree). The club was founded by a member of a famous Russian [...]D: n/a00
- Alexander Newskij MonasterySome of the oldest buildings in Saint Petersburg can be found at this monastery, as well as a cemetery where many of the local celebrities were laid to rest. If you are a fan of classical music, you can pay your respects at the graves of [...]D: n/a00
- KunstkameraKustkamera museum contains over a million exhibits gathered from all over the world, and it is the oldest state museum in Russia, dating back to the reign of Peter the Great. However, the main attraction of the museum is a gallery [...]D: n/a00
- Geschichte und KulturSankt Petersburg ist eine sehr schöne Stadt mit viel Geschichte und Kultur. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Saint Petersburg you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
I cannot say too much about Katerini, but I can assure you that you will regret if you miss out its park in the middle of the town! It is a...
Outdoors Activities: Beautiful park in the center of Katerini
If you happen to go to Kecskemét do not miss out the famous 'Cifrapalota' which will surely attract you with its beautiful folk-art-motifs. You...
Sightseeing: Cifrapalota, Kecskemet
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
Located in the historic site of Cleveland, Momocho Restaurant is truly Mexican with a hint of eclectic modernism to it. The place looks awesome,...
Food: Momocho Restaurant
A great child-friendly facility that is open to the public for lessons and guided tours alike. The Louisville Equestrian Center is the home oasis...
Family & Fun: Louisville Equestrian Center
Miami Beach, Florida
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach in Miami Beach
Myanmar, or formerly Burma is one of the newly striking destinations in Indochina and South-East of Asia which one must definitely choose to travel...
General: Ultimate Myanmar luxury travel tips
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
This place is the Chinatown of Vietnam. Most of Vietnam’s ethnic Chinese, the largest ethnic minority group in Vietnam, live here. This is a...
Sightseeing: Cholon (Chinatown)