Arlington National Cemetery, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Arlington National Cemetery
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Arlington National Cemetery in DC is memorial where veterans, military casualties, heroes and other famous and less famous people were buried.
Though visiting a cemetery is not a happy activity I would still recommend to go and see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and President John F. Kennedy's memorial, not to mention the memorials built for the people who fell victim of the Lockerbie bombings and 9/11.
Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA 22204, USA
Oct-Mar 8:00am-5:00pm, Apr-Oct 8:00am-7:00pm
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Better walkDitch the metro and walk, everything is much closer then the metro map lets on. [...]D: n/a00
- The SmithsonianThe Smithsonian Institution and its museums are not to be missed while visiting Washington. The most preferred ones are the Museum of Air and Space and Natural History. For detailed information, go to 'The Castle', a red building on the [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Holocaust Memorial MuseumAfter visiting a Holocaust historical museum you always get into a melancholic, sad, emotional state. This Museum in Washington was more depressing for me than any other I've seen. Maybe because it was especially built and designed in a way [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Smithsonian MuseumsSmithsonian Museums have the largest collection in the world of different areas of culture. 13 out of the 18 Smithsonian Museums are in Washington. Each of them has very wide and interesting collections from the area they deal with. My [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Frederick Douglass HomeVisiting (at least once) the home of the famous abolitionist, Frederick Douglas when you go to DC is compulsory! It is a beautiful still well-kept home with a rich history. Though you have to make a reservation in advance to enter the [...]D: 3.4mi00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Turtle Island is great. They say it's a jewel of Ottawa and I agree. They perfectly reproduced a whole camp of the Aboriginals to share their...
History & Culture: Turtle Island in Ottawa
Are so many things/programs to do in this nature park. If you like nature and walking trips, I wound recommanded this place for you and I think one...
Family & Fun: Nature park thun
Salford, United Kingdom
UK Minibus Hire is a minibus hire company in the United Kingdom. We are offering to book local minibus around many popular regions Sheffield,...
Public Transportation: Ukminibuses Travel
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
One of the oldest and most prestigious hotels in Venice, the Hotel Danieli has been a palace and the home of the Doge Dandolo's family. It has...
General: Hotel Danieli
1°, 2° giorno: Tripoli, visita della città, dei souk, museo. Pernottamento in hotel 3/4 stelle. 3°: Tripoli - Leptis Magna - Gharyan: Visita...
General: Ghadames old medina
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
Miami Beach, Florida
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach in Miami Beach