Arlington National Cemetery, Washington, District Of Columbia
Travel tips > North America > United States > Washington > Arlington National Cemetery
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Arlington National Cemetery in DC is memorial where veterans, military casualties, heroes and other famous and less famous people were buried.
Though visiting a cemetery is not a happy activity I would still recommend to go and see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and President John F. Kennedy's memorial, not to mention the memorials built for the people who fell victim of the Lockerbie bombings and 9/11.
Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA 22204, USA
Oct-Mar 8:00am-5:00pm, Apr-Oct 8:00am-7:00pm
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Washington
- Eighteenth Street LoungeRedesigned from a rowhouse the Eighteenth Street Lounge is a great place to relax. Though not the fanciest place in DC it does look luxurious and they do have a decent dress code. It could also be a perfect place for a rendezvous because [...]D: 1mi00
- The White HouseDefinitely the most famous attraction in Washington, the White House has attracted many visitors from all around the world. It is always amazing to see and experience the place where presidents live and where so many major decisions [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Sushi Taro in WashingtonSushi is such a Japanese food that you should try out even if you're not particularly interested in Japan or its culture. And for that I recommend in Washington the Sushi Taro restaurant. Their food is great, delicious, they have an [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Chocolate Tour Of Washington DCD.C. is a destination for decadent dessert boutiques and chocolatiers, and you can put that statement to the (taste) test with today's deal from Great Food Tours. The Chocolate City Tour is the most sought after tour in Washington, D.C. Our [...]D: 0.8mi00
- National Arboretum in WashingtonTo be honest I went to visit the National Arboretum because of its bonzai collection, because I heard they are amazing and so beautiful. I wouldn't have thought that the tree groves and its gardens were so spectacular. And all this for free [...]D: n/a00
Things about Washington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you go there by car, leave it on one of the parking lots connected to public transports, because the inner city is heavily traffic crowded.
General: Use park and ride spots
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
Founded by a couple from their own collections, the Nasher Sculpture Center is the most beautiful sculpture museum I've ever seen this far....
History & Culture: Nasher Sculpture Center
For the best Thai meal you definitely have to go to Thai Taste Indianapolis restaurant. Their authentic Thai ingredients make the dishes so...
Food: Thai Taste Indianapolis
If you visit the island of Oahu in Hawaii, make sure that you take a day to spend at Lani Kai beach. It is the most amazing beach i have been to....
General: Best Beaches Ever
A place buzzing with vibrant energy and entertainment, the Fourth Street Live! is a nightlife, dining, fun experience where you should go if you...
Night Life & Entertainment: Fourth Street Live!
Be aware that there are a lot of one way streets in Montgomery...and some of the one-way signs are not visible. Make sure you see the sign before...
General: Driving in Montgomery
If you want to take a break from the bustle of the big city and spend a fewo hours in a place of tranquility and spiritual harmony, take a walk in...
General: Japanese Garden in Portland
Located on the Cherry Street district, the Hideaway Pizza offers quite delicious dishes to its customers. Most of the toppings are extremely tasty...
Food: Hideaway Pizza