Wine and Wine Trade Museum, Bordeaux, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Bordeaux > Wine and Wine Trade Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. There are displayed objects used for the cultivation of grapes and the preparation of wine from the old times. Some of them are actually very old.
If you would like to you can also taste special local wines and have a guidance session, although the ticket is a little more expensive this way. But it worth it, it's really good feeling to taste French wine in the cellar of a wine museum and with guidance. :)
7 Euros with wine tasting
5 Euros without the tasting
Every day from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Recent travel tips for France
- Student accomodationIf you are a student seeking accommodation in Lille, you should know that you can find anything for your money. For example, during my stay in Lille in 2009, I stayed at a 100 euros/month hostel room, with only about 6 square meters and the [...]D: n/a00
- Catharian castleIf you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city. [...]D: 0.6mi10
- Dancing funny manStill, on the Sacre Coeur Hills, you can often see a funny dressed man that dances. My advice, avoid taking a lot of photos, because he will get mad and say something intelligible. As a guessing, I think he is expecting money from all those [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Noon break cumpolsory in FranceOne thing about Lille and the rest of the France Also: French use a noon break that is cumpolsory by law. The break is for an hour and a half, and each store has the choice to chose the hours: most of the cases this hours are between 12 and [...]D: n/a00
- Ancient Nemausus in the modern city areaIf you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st century a.d., is very well preserved. There are still bull fightings beeing held. The [...]D: 1.3mi00
Things about Bordeaux you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Are you looking for a trip that offers you a chance to get off the beaten track in Northern Vietnam. In addition to that, it is still able to...
General: Off the beaten track Travel by Custom Vietnam Travel
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
The shopping street called the 'Zeil' offers you all you can buy.
General: Shopping in the city center
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
Hotels in Manali - Hotel Him View, a name that is famous as a Hotel By River Side in manali near club house, hotels in manali, manali hotels,...
Outdoors Activities: Budget hotels in manali
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
Bojangles is a bar situated along Jalan Leban road along thompson road. It is a quiet place where many regulars frequent to have a chat or just...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bojangles at Thompson (Bar)
The flower market is very interesting, you should go in the morning and you'll see nothing but flowers everywhere. It's next to Little India and...
General: The flower market of Bangkok
Manhattan Beach, California
I have only been at this place at night, so I am not able to tell you whether it’s good during the day. The Irish bar offers some nice selection...
Night Life & Entertainment: Hennessey's Tavern