Wine and Wine Trade Museum, Bordeaux, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Bordeaux > Wine and Wine Trade Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. There are displayed objects used for the cultivation of grapes and the preparation of wine from the old times. Some of them are actually very old.
If you would like to you can also taste special local wines and have a guidance session, although the ticket is a little more expensive this way. But it worth it, it's really good feeling to taste French wine in the cellar of a wine museum and with guidance. :)
7 Euros with wine tasting
5 Euros without the tasting
Every day from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Recent travel tips for France
- Take a bottle of water with youIf you visit Paris by foot during summer, or when the temperatures are really really high, you better take with yourself a bottle of water. The fact is that at certain landmarks the only water you can find is from streets salesmen. They [...]D: n/a10
- Basilique du Sacré-CœurIf you wonder why there are so few photos from inside Basilique du Sacré-Cœur ('Basilica of the Sacred Heart') in Paris is because photos are forbidden there. Maybe if you're brave enough you can take some photos, but I wouldn't suggest [...]D: n/a01
- DecathlonBecause Decathlon is originating from Lille, the famous sports selling brand has near Lille (in fact it's inside it's Metropolitan Area) the biggest sporting hypermarket in the world. It's so huge that I hardly saw general purpose [...]D: 3.1mi40
- Jules Verne MuseumVerne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who lived Verne's works in his/her childhood, or even now. The building is not very big, but the [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Cathedrale Saint-JeanBuilt from the 12th to the 14th century. It's a mixture of roman and gothic style. [...]D: 1.1mi00
Things about Bordeaux you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It might be bizarre to recommend a cemetery as a sight, but it's my best place in the whole city. A lot of Argentina's famous and wealthy people...
History & Culture: Recoleta Cemetery
If you are at Salzburg, there´s not only the fact interesting that Mozart was born there. Also the medieval castle Hohensalzburg, built in 1077,...
History & Culture: Castle Hohensalzburg
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
Do, by no means miss pork leg and lamb leg here. It is exceptional how they make it, they say this region is the only place where you can find it...
Food: Asador Tierra Aranda
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
If you like literature, Writers Museum is something you should definitely see. Here you can have a taste of the immense literary past the city has....
History & Culture: Dublin Writers Museum
The Hague, Netherlands
Restaurant The Hague: Welcome Restaurant Alexander You are looking for a restaurant in The Hague, welcome at Restaurant Alexander in the...
Food: Restaurant Alexander in The Hague
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
Key West, Florida
This a beautiful house with turn-of-the-century architecture built for the naturalist John Audubon in the 1840s when he visited then settled down...
History & Culture: Audubon House and Tropical Garden
San Diego, California
Turf Supper Club in San Diego is a retro jazz bar in the middle of Golden Hill, with cheap and strong cocktails. Musicians are playing the piano as...
Night Life & Entertainment: Turf Supper Club