Wine and Wine Trade Museum, Bordeaux, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Bordeaux > Wine and Wine Trade Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. There are displayed objects used for the cultivation of grapes and the preparation of wine from the old times. Some of them are actually very old.
If you would like to you can also taste special local wines and have a guidance session, although the ticket is a little more expensive this way. But it worth it, it's really good feeling to taste French wine in the cellar of a wine museum and with guidance. :)
7 Euros with wine tasting
5 Euros without the tasting
Every day from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Recent travel tips for France
- Ancient Nemausus in the modern city areaIf you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st century a.d., is very well preserved. There are still bull fightings beeing held. The [...]D: 1.3mi00
- French kindnessIn France, do not hesitate to ask people on the street for directions or anything you are interested to know. French people will be most happy to help you, but the other side of the coin is that they too ask immediately if they have doubts [...]D: n/a00
- The ugly gardians on Notre DameOn top of the Notre Dame Cathedral In Paris, you can see some really ugly creatures that look like a devil. One can wonder what are those doing on top of a christian chuch. The purpose is to throw away the water and they are said to guard [...]D: n/a10
- The pope's palaceVisit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to the point you want to go to. [...]D: n/a00
- Hotel de VilleThe City Hall was built in its present form by Jules Hardouin-Mansart in the year 1700. Check the gardens inside. No public access inside the building [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Bordeaux you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you go there by car, leave it on one of the parking lots connected to public transports, because the inner city is heavily traffic crowded.
General: Use park and ride spots
Never agree to take a photo of an unknown person, they will steal your wallet.
General: Advice against stealing
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
Oxford, United Kingdom
Go and see this very nice pub, the Eagle & Child in Oxford. If you like fantasy novels, you should visit it, because JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis used...
Food: Eagle & Child pub in Oxford
York, United Kingdom
York is a beautiful walled city on the river Ouse, with Viking roots and archeology to explore in the Viking Centre, Tudor buildings overhanging...
General: The Cliffords Tower and Castle Museum
If you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the...
Public Transportation: Travel to Schinoussa
The Sahara desert is the largest desert on earth, with a size bigger then the USA. Once you get into the Sahara you really will get a feel for the...
Sightseeing: The Sahara Desert
La Jolla, California
Westfield Shoppingtown UTC with its fantastically beautiful promenade operates more than 160 selected stores. There are, for example, Abercrombie &...
Shopping: Westfield hoppingtown UTC
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's
Saint Louis, Missouri
One of the top attractions of St. Louis is Grant's Farm just south of the city. The place resembles somewhat a zoo, with all those animals that...
Family & Fun: Grant's Farm