Wine and Wine Trade Museum, Bordeaux, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Bordeaux > Wine and Wine Trade Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. There are displayed objects used for the cultivation of grapes and the preparation of wine from the old times. Some of them are actually very old.
If you would like to you can also taste special local wines and have a guidance session, although the ticket is a little more expensive this way. But it worth it, it's really good feeling to taste French wine in the cellar of a wine museum and with guidance. :)
7 Euros with wine tasting
5 Euros without the tasting
Every day from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Recent travel tips for France
- ParisVisite CardOne can chose for traveling in Paris the ParisVisite Card which applies for Metro, bus, tram and regional SNCF trains. Also provides special offers at select museums, attractions, and restaurants (details and prices here: http://www.ratp [...]D: n/a00
- Take a bottle of water with youIf you visit Paris by foot during summer, or when the temperatures are really really high, you better take with yourself a bottle of water. The fact is that at certain landmarks the only water you can find is from streets salesmen. They [...]D: n/a10
- DecathlonBecause Decathlon is originating from Lille, the famous sports selling brand has near Lille (in fact it's inside it's Metropolitan Area) the biggest sporting hypermarket in the world. It's so huge that I hardly saw general purpose [...]D: 3.1mi30
- Roman museumVisit the archaeological museum of Lyon. It has got a good open air part, with partly restored city quarters. Tel.: 04 72 38 81 90 [...]D: 1mi00
- Palais des Beaux-ArtsWhile Paris's Louvre is well known all around the world, Palais des Beaux-Arts in Lille hasn't have the same privilege. This is happening, even if this museum is the second most important in France. Here you can see paintings starting from [...]D: 0.6mi00
Things about Bordeaux you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you go to Augsburg, you should visit the roman museum, the arts museum and take a look at the so called 'Fuggersiedlung'. It was the first...
General: Visit the Museums and the Fuggersiedlung
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
There is a new hotel in Tiruchirappali called " Grand Gardenia " Ph: 91 9585644000 email; email@example.com I've had good...
General: New hotel in Tiruchirappalli
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
If you are interested in greek and roman culture, you should definitely visit the national museum of Naples. There you can see excellent findings...
History & Culture: National Museum of Naples
Charleston, West Virginia
For a peaceful but also an entertaining retreat from the city, Cato Park is the best place to go. It not only includes picnic areas but a huge golf...
Outdoors Activities: A Walk in Cato Park
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley
To get the best view of the city, you shouldn't miss riding the tram of Duquesne Incline. The ride is quite cheap, you can also book a guided...
Sightseeing: Duquesne Incline