Wine and Wine Trade Museum, Bordeaux, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Bordeaux > Wine and Wine Trade Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. There are displayed objects used for the cultivation of grapes and the preparation of wine from the old times. Some of them are actually very old.
If you would like to you can also taste special local wines and have a guidance session, although the ticket is a little more expensive this way. But it worth it, it's really good feeling to taste French wine in the cellar of a wine museum and with guidance. :)
7 Euros with wine tasting
5 Euros without the tasting
Every day from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Recent travel tips for France
- Local roman museumIf you are at Lyon, you shoould visit the roman museum. It´is well done regarding the museums exhibiton and it also has got an open air area. There you can see a piece of the roman city Lugdunum, today Lyon. It´s worth avisit. [...]D: 1mi00
- Zoo in LilleIf you are looking for 'fun for free' in Lille, one suggestion is The Zoo. The zoo is located inside the town's citadel (La Citadelle), in a really big park. The zoo is opened every weekday from 9 AM to 6 PM and in weekends and holidays [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Pay attention on your wordsOne thing to remember when visiting really impressive monuments, like Louvre, the Eiffel Tower or the Arc de Triomphe. This sights are heavily guarded, and I heard from many people that they are particularly vigilant for any words that [...]D: n/a01
- Hotel de VilleThe City Hall was built in its present form by Jules Hardouin-Mansart in the year 1700. Check the gardens inside. No public access inside the building [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Food and drinkI totally agree with Danpop, even more, I think it's more rentable to bring water, beer (if you are more of a beer-drinker kind) and food with you visiting the sights of Paris. You can buy a bottle of mineral water for 0.80 Euro in a shop [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Bordeaux you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Forstau is ideal for families with small kids. There are some great skischools where you can left your kids from 10am till 3pm. They take care for...
Family & Fun: Ski Vacation with Kids
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
Many say that the view from Arc de Triomphe over Paris is much more interesting and nicer than the view from the Eiffel Tower. I must disagree with...
Sightseeing: View from Arc de Triomphe on Eiffel Tower
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
If you don't want to pay for parking to the aqua park you can park just near it in some streets without any restriction.
General: Parking tip
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
If like to go to the beaches of Lima, you should be always careful. For an tourist it would be good, not to go to the beaches away from Lima more...
Outdoors Activities: Beaches at Lima
Kansas City, Missouri
Unique in itself, the Webster House Antiques is an antique store and a restaurant both providing excellent service for customers. Downstairs you...
Food: Webster House Antiques
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head