Wine and Wine Trade Museum, Bordeaux, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Bordeaux > Wine and Wine Trade Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. There are displayed objects used for the cultivation of grapes and the preparation of wine from the old times. Some of them are actually very old.
If you would like to you can also taste special local wines and have a guidance session, although the ticket is a little more expensive this way. But it worth it, it's really good feeling to taste French wine in the cellar of a wine museum and with guidance. :)
7 Euros with wine tasting
5 Euros without the tasting
Every day from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Recent travel tips for France
- La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming poolIn Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after intense renovations in 2001. The museum is build on top of a swimming pool constructed [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Luggage lockersIf you travel with large luggage, you can leave it at the luggage locker of one of the train stations like Gare de Lyon, Gare du Nord, Gare d'Austerlitz. If one is not opened, you can ask about the other at the information stand and walk [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Sainte-ChapelleWhile entrance to Notre Dame and Sacre Coeur are free of charge, for going inside Sainte-Chapelle, there is an entrance fee. Frankly I don't remember well how much it was, what I can recall is that the amount seemed infirm to me compared to [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Lille's CitadelLille's Citadel is a pentagonal shape wall surrounded by a huge park, and a walkway where I saw numerous persons taking the regular jogging. The Citadel was built around 1668, and nowadays it still houses French Military and its operations [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Disneyland resortWhen you are in Paris, then you can go to Disneyland resort paris. It's great for children. [...]D: 20.7mi00
Things about Bordeaux you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Fastnacht(or in 'bärndütsch' fasnacht) is one of the bigest event in this muliticultural country, irrespectively of different...
Night Life & Entertainment: 'Fastnacht'
If you are in the south of germany, close to the village of Herbertingen, you should visit the open air museum called Heuneburg. It´s the place of...
Outdoors Activities: Open air museum
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
Located in downtown Dallas in the renowned Hotel Adolphus, The French Room is a 5-star restaurant and one of the most prestigious and exquisite in...
Food: The French Room
El Paso, Texas
This place is a huge fun and not just for people with kids. Bob-O's Family Fun Center has everything for an entertaining, fun afternoon or a...
Family & Fun: Bob-O's Family Fun Center
Washington, District Of Columbia
The huge 19-foot tall white marble statue of Abraham Lincoln is a must-see sight in Washington. Whether you are a visitor or a local this place is...
History & Culture: Lincoln Memorial in Washington