Wine and Wine Trade Museum, Bordeaux, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Bordeaux > Wine and Wine Trade Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. There are displayed objects used for the cultivation of grapes and the preparation of wine from the old times. Some of them are actually very old.
If you would like to you can also taste special local wines and have a guidance session, although the ticket is a little more expensive this way. But it worth it, it's really good feeling to taste French wine in the cellar of a wine museum and with guidance. :)
7 Euros with wine tasting
5 Euros without the tasting
Every day from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Recent travel tips for France
- Student accomodationIf you are a student seeking accommodation in Lille, you should know that you can find anything for your money. For example, during my stay in Lille in 2009, I stayed at a 100 euros/month hostel room, with only about 6 square meters and the [...]D: n/a00
- Arc de Triomphe entry feeA cheaper way to see the city from above (well, not that above), is going in Arc de Triomphe. The entry fees are 9 euros for adults, 5.5 euros for youngsters between 18 and 25 years and free of charge for anyone under 18 years. it is opened [...]D: n/a10
- Sainte-ChapelleWhile entrance to Notre Dame and Sacre Coeur are free of charge, for going inside Sainte-Chapelle, there is an entrance fee. Frankly I don't remember well how much it was, what I can recall is that the amount seemed infirm to me compared to [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Noon break cumpolsory in FranceOne thing about Lille and the rest of the France Also: French use a noon break that is cumpolsory by law. The break is for an hour and a half, and each store has the choice to chose the hours: most of the cases this hours are between 12 and [...]D: n/a00
- Place BellecourPlace Bellecour is one of the largest squares in Europe. It is located between the rivers Rhone and Saone and it's really huge. Right in the center of the square you will find the statue of King Luis XIV on horseback created by the [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Bordeaux you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Nimes, the ancient Nemausus, you should make a walk along the roman waterpipe. There is also the famous Pont du Gard, nearly...
History & Culture: Pont du Gard, roman waterpip
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
Liverpool, United Kingdom
The Liverpool Cathedral is an amazing experience for everyone. It has a lot of attractions, exhibitions that you must see and experience if you are...
History & Culture: The Liverpool Cathedral
Sleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though
General: Sleep inside the caves
We provide cheap airline flight tickets at best prices.
Outdoors Activities: Cheap air flights
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
Icelanders love their coffee. In fact, they enjoy it so much that Iceland is ranked fourth in the world for its coffee habit. It's guessed that...
Food: Where to Eat and Drink in Reykjavik ?
It isn't a good place at all. The waiters were impolite, the menu was a single sheet thrown onto the table and without prices. We ordered meal...
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
TURKISH NIGHT Dinner folk and belly dance show (Traditional music - dance evening - Istanbul) you will be picked up from your hotel and will...
Night Life & Entertainment: Istanbul Turkish Night Dinner Show