Wine and Wine Trade Museum, Bordeaux, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Bordeaux > Wine and Wine Trade Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. There are displayed objects used for the cultivation of grapes and the preparation of wine from the old times. Some of them are actually very old.
If you would like to you can also taste special local wines and have a guidance session, although the ticket is a little more expensive this way. But it worth it, it's really good feeling to taste French wine in the cellar of a wine museum and with guidance. :)
7 Euros with wine tasting
5 Euros without the tasting
Every day from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Recent travel tips for France
- The capital of climbingWhat can I say? Chamonix it's great, from the center of the town you can see the heights peak in Eastern Europe, Mont Blanc 4807m. There are many, hotel, great food, nightlife. You can do every outdoor activity here; from tracking to [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Cathedral Notre DameThe Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic rock, just like all the other old buildings in the city, so it is totally black. If you look [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Pont du Gard, roman waterpipIf you are at Nimes, the ancient Nemausus, you should make a walk along the roman waterpipe. There is also the famous Pont du Gard, nearly completely preserved 'aquäduct'. Enjoy the nice landscape and history. [...]D: 0.8mi00
- French kindnessIn France, do not hesitate to ask people on the street for directions or anything you are interested to know. French people will be most happy to help you, but the other side of the coin is that they too ask immediately if they have doubts [...]D: n/a00
- Student accomodationIf you are a student seeking accommodation in Lille, you should know that you can find anything for your money. For example, during my stay in Lille in 2009, I stayed at a 100 euros/month hostel room, with only about 6 square meters and the [...]D: n/a00
Things about Bordeaux you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
Reading, United Kingdom
Reading is a great place to do your shopping. There are two big malls very close to each other. One of them is The Oracle, which is a huge mall...
Shopping: Shopping Centres
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
The Sahara desert is the largest desert on earth, with a size bigger then the USA. Once you get into the Sahara you really will get a feel for the...
Sightseeing: The Sahara Desert
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
Visit the beautiful Saint Michael's church...it is the symbol of the city besides the statue of King Matthias sitting on his horse..one of the...
General: Cluj Napoca
If you go to Tusnad don't miss to visit the Saint Anna lake. It is a bid cold but very beautiful!
Outdoors Activities: You must visit the St. Anna lake
It is definitely a must if you are in the area. The museum and the city zoo are together, it's a perfect family program as well. The Skansen...
Outdoors Activities: Skansen open-air museum
While visiting the Kern County Museum you step back in time when the early settlers came to inhabit this rich country. When the first inhabitants...
History & Culture: Kern County Museum
Santa Ana, California
A historically significant and architecturally beautiful mansion, in Queen Anne style, the Dr. Willella How-Waffle House was originally the home of...
History & Culture: Dr. Willella Howe-Waffle House