Wine and Wine Trade Museum, Bordeaux, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Bordeaux > Wine and Wine Trade Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. There are displayed objects used for the cultivation of grapes and the preparation of wine from the old times. Some of them are actually very old.
If you would like to you can also taste special local wines and have a guidance session, although the ticket is a little more expensive this way. But it worth it, it's really good feeling to taste French wine in the cellar of a wine museum and with guidance. :)
7 Euros with wine tasting
5 Euros without the tasting
Every day from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Recent travel tips for France
- Notre-Dame-de-la-TreilleBasilique-cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-la-Treille de Lille is the newest church in town, being finished in 1999, after its construction started in 1854. It is situated in the Old Lille part of the town, and the style of the building is [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Musée des Canonniers SédentairesMusée des Canonniers Sédentaires (Cannons Museum) presents a lot of documents and relevant material about the battle from Sainte Barbe and the defense of Lille. There are about 3000 objects exposed, from the Napoleon Bonaparte era. The [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Luggage lockersIf you travel with large luggage, you can leave it at the luggage locker of one of the train stations like Gare de Lyon, Gare du Nord, Gare d'Austerlitz. If one is not opened, you can ask about the other at the information stand and walk [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Museum of Natural History and GeologyAnother museum that is indeed really impressive is The Museum of Natural History and Geology (Musée d'Histoire Naturelle et de Géologie). The museum has numerous permanent and temporary exibitions, the fares being different in this case. [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Carreful about stores closing hoursAnother thing about shopping in Lille in particular and in France in general: usually most of the stores close at about 8 PM, some of them stay open until 9 PM, but after this only here and there a 24 hours shop. Expect to see significantly [...]D: n/a00
Things about Bordeaux you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Take a look at the new roman museum, located at the edge of Rheinbrohl. It shows history also for children, who are able to touch certain things or...
Sightseeing: Roman museum
It´s an open air museum from stone age and bronze age times (4.000 to 850 BC). You can see there a lot of historic and authentic reconstructed...
History & Culture: Museum of neolithic settlement
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
Keswick, United Kingdom
Spa breaks in the Lake District make you feel better than any destination. I think it is the lakes and the hills and the endless fresh air. Luckily...
Sports & Wellness : Lake District Spa Breaks
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
We've visited the Alaska Native Heritage Museum a few years back during the summer. It was a memorable experience. We learned so much that day....
History & Culture: Alaska Native Heritage Museum
Saint Paul, Minnesota
The museum is quite family oriented with a lot of areas which are dedicated for child entertainment. The History Center Museum is a great visitor...
History & Culture: History Center Museum