Wine and Wine Trade Museum, Bordeaux, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Bordeaux > Wine and Wine Trade Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. There are displayed objects used for the cultivation of grapes and the preparation of wine from the old times. Some of them are actually very old.
If you would like to you can also taste special local wines and have a guidance session, although the ticket is a little more expensive this way. But it worth it, it's really good feeling to taste French wine in the cellar of a wine museum and with guidance. :)
7 Euros with wine tasting
5 Euros without the tasting
Every day from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Recent travel tips for France
- Caise D'allocations FamilialesIf you are a student in Lille, you can apply to CAF (Caise D'allocations Familiales), a form of help provided by the country for anyone that doesn't have a good material status. If you stay at a hostel, they usually cover a part of the cost [...]D: n/a00
- Musée des Canonniers SédentairesMusée des Canonniers Sédentaires (Cannons Museum) presents a lot of documents and relevant material about the battle from Sainte Barbe and the defense of Lille. There are about 3000 objects exposed, from the Napoleon Bonaparte era. The [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Église Saint-MauriceHidden by numerous trees, near Gare Lille Flandre (about 10-15 minutes of walking) lies the Église Saint-Maurice a imposing church which construction spans over 5 centuries, from the 14th century up to the 19th century. There is no [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Basilique du Sacré-CœurIf you wonder why there are so few photos from inside Basilique du Sacré-Cœur ('Basilica of the Sacred Heart') in Paris is because photos are forbidden there. Maybe if you're brave enough you can take some photos, but I wouldn't suggest [...]D: n/a01
- Advice against stealingNever agree to take a photo of an unknown person, they will steal your wallet. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Bordeaux you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are holidaying on a budget but don’t want to compromise on quality, our Sydney hotel deal for tonight is perfect for you. Our hotels in...
General: Sydney Hotel Deals for Tonight
In Ulm there is a big shop for furniture called 'IKEA'. You can find there basically everything you would need. If you know IKEA, especially if...
General: IKEA - shop for furniture
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
In Budapest at most of the places you have to pay if you want to park your car. The fee is a little high but it's quite hard to find a place where...
General: Parking in Budapest
Akshardham is a majestic religious structure with stone carved throughout the building spread in huge 23 acres of land. Gardens, exhibitions and...
General: Akshardham Temple
Port-of-spain, Trinidad And Tobago
Woodford Square is one of the nicest place to visit it.
General: Woodford Square
The magnificent Mile is a shorter part of the Michigan Avenue from around Chicago River going to Oak Street. It a very upscale place for...
Shopping: Magnificent Mile
A really fun and entertaining show by an impro team, well, actually two teams competing each other ComedySportz is appropriate for all ages. You...
Night Life & Entertainment: ComedySportz
Check out my blog http://ebloggor.blogspot.com Average preice for an entree is under $10.00 and there is a great pub and a wonderful Southwest...
Food: Best Restaurant