Wine and Wine Trade Museum, Bordeaux, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Bordeaux > Wine and Wine Trade Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. There are displayed objects used for the cultivation of grapes and the preparation of wine from the old times. Some of them are actually very old.
If you would like to you can also taste special local wines and have a guidance session, although the ticket is a little more expensive this way. But it worth it, it's really good feeling to taste French wine in the cellar of a wine museum and with guidance. :)
7 Euros with wine tasting
5 Euros without the tasting
Every day from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Recent travel tips for France
- Pay attention on your wordsOne thing to remember when visiting really impressive monuments, like Louvre, the Eiffel Tower or the Arc de Triomphe. This sights are heavily guarded, and I heard from many people that they are particularly vigilant for any words that [...]D: n/a01
- Charles de Gaulle Memorial HouseA fact not known by many is that the famous Charles de Gaulle was born in Lille, 22 November 1890. Of course there is a memorial house that keeps souvenirs and family objects from when Charles was only a young boy. The fees are 6 euros full [...]D: n/a00
- Place BellecourPlace Bellecour is one of the largest squares in Europe. It is located between the rivers Rhone and Saone and it's really huge. Right in the center of the square you will find the statue of King Luis XIV on horseback created by the [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Eiffel tower - le tour d'EiffelEiffel tower is the symbol of France built for the Paris World Fair in 1889. It is 324 m heigh and has two restaurants in it and a lookout on the top floor. The stair entrance to the tower is the cheapest, 4.50E for adults, 3.50 E for [...]D: n/a40
- Opening Hours to Palais des Beaux ArtsPalais des Beaux Arts is opened on Monday from 2 pm to 6 PM (a strange thing as many other museums are closed on Monday). Palais des Beaux-Arts is closed on Tuesday, and on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday it's opened from [...]D: 0.6mi00
Things about Bordeaux you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Vancouver, British Columbia
I was never really into seafood, so when my friends took me to Joe Forte's I was a bit skeptical about the delicatessen that they offered. As we...
Food: Joe Forte's, seafood in Vancouver
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
The Veitsburg is a small castle on a hill overviewing Ravenburg. The place is ideal for everybody who wants to get a better view of the city. If...
Sightseeing: Veitsburg View Point
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
Nightlife in Bangalore is amazing....it has umpteen number of pubs, lounges, restaurants, motels and hotels....this is the place to be ...:)
Night Life & Entertainment: The Vidhan Soudha
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets