Wine and Wine Trade Museum, Bordeaux, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Bordeaux > Wine and Wine Trade Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. There are displayed objects used for the cultivation of grapes and the preparation of wine from the old times. Some of them are actually very old.
If you would like to you can also taste special local wines and have a guidance session, although the ticket is a little more expensive this way. But it worth it, it's really good feeling to taste French wine in the cellar of a wine museum and with guidance. :)
7 Euros with wine tasting
5 Euros without the tasting
Every day from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Recent travel tips for France
- Carreful about stores closing hoursAnother thing about shopping in Lille in particular and in France in general: usually most of the stores close at about 8 PM, some of them stay open until 9 PM, but after this only here and there a 24 hours shop. Expect to see significantly [...]D: n/a00
- Pay attention on your wordsOne thing to remember when visiting really impressive monuments, like Louvre, the Eiffel Tower or the Arc de Triomphe. This sights are heavily guarded, and I heard from many people that they are particularly vigilant for any words that [...]D: n/a01
- Église Saint-MauriceHidden by numerous trees, near Gare Lille Flandre (about 10-15 minutes of walking) lies the Église Saint-Maurice a imposing church which construction spans over 5 centuries, from the 14th century up to the 19th century. There is no [...]D: 0.1mi00
- The PubFor a traditional English drink in the heart of French territory, I recommend 'The Pub'. This is a sports bar, mostly English sports, that is located in 2, avenue du Peuple Belge. If you missed English and you want to hear again the [...]D: n/a00
- Musée de l’Hospice ComtesseWhile Pallais des Beaux Arts is the most famous museum in Lille, that doesn't mean it's the only one. One particular museum that I like a lot is Musée de l’Hospice Comtesse. This is build inside an old hospital, established in 1237. [...]D: 0.3mi10
Things about Bordeaux you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
Visit the museum of the german railway.
Sightseeing: Railway Museum
Bonao, Dominican Republic
Travel to the mountains of the caribbean. Climb the highest peak of the Caribbean. Pico Duarte
Outdoors Activities: Hotel Gold Premium
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
Lilla Torg is Malmo's nicest square. It is part of the old downtown and there are a lot of great pubs and restaurants there. All the buildings...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lilla Torg
Fort Worth, Texas
Designed in a quite contemporary style, Grace Fort Worth has a room for larger events, anniversaries or just a friendly outing, family gathering...
Food: Grace Fort Worth
New York, New York
There is glamor in the air all the time. Broadway is so buzzing that you cannot just sit there and watch people walking, you feel that you have to...
History & Culture: Broadway
Virginia Beach, Virginia
On our last day in Virginia Beach we decided to have something traditional, not the local specialties so we went to Neighbor's Pizzeria because...
Food: Neighbor's Pizzeria
Are you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a...
General: Horse Riding in Radstadt