The white cliffs of Dover, Calais, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Calais > The white cliffs of Dover
- General travel tip
- City center
Recent travel tips for France
- Food and drinkI totally agree with Danpop, even more, I think it's more rentable to bring water, beer (if you are more of a beer-drinker kind) and food with you visiting the sights of Paris. You can buy a bottle of mineral water for 0.80 Euro in a shop [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Hot to get to Palais des Beaux-ArtsThe best way to arrive to Palais des Beaux-Arts is by metro. Metro line 1 has a stop next to the museum. Line 74 of the bus also stops very close to the museum, and even a walking is recommended as the Museums is like 10 minutes away from [...]D: 0.6mi00
- St. Guilhem le DésertClose to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on the way of the Jakobspilgrimage. At the central place of St.Guilhem there is the backery Bals [...]D: 18.8mi10
- The city of bicyclesParis is more and more the city of bicycles. There are hundreds of stations where you can rent a bike for 1E per day or 5E per week. The only thing is that you have to check in a bike station in every 30 minutes. If you miss it, you have to [...]D: n/a10
- Champion supermarketsWhen I was in Lille, in 2007 most of the shopping I made for food and the necessary things was in Champion's supermarkets. They were acquired by Carrefour. One interesting thing about this shops is that some of them are opened on Sunday, [...]D: 1.8mi00
Things about Calais you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Rheinfälle at Schaffhausen are really some kind of nature play. Big and impressing the rive Rhine has got waterfalls there. You can either...
Outdoors Activities: The big waterfall called Rheinfälle
If you are at Weingarten around the end of july and during august, you should visit the theater festival at the monastery of Weingarten. It exists...
History & Culture: Theater festival at the monastery of the city
If you like literature, Writers Museum is something you should definitely see. Here you can have a taste of the immense literary past the city has....
History & Culture: Dublin Writers Museum
From Brasov to Covasna one can use as a convenient mean of transportation the minibus. Ecosil (www.ecosil.ro) has 4-7 connections per day (4 in the...
General: From Brasov to Covasna
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
Hello! I'd really like to tell you about my recent trip to the Chernobyl zone. This place is sadly known for one of the most tragic events in the...
History & Culture: Chernobyl Trips
Found in the heart of Lexington, the home of 16th President's wife, the Mary Todd Lincoln House is a must while visiting the city. The tours...
History & Culture: Mary Todd Lincoln House
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
San Jose, California
Having the fame of one of the most amazing hunted houses, the Winchester Mystery House is a major tourist attraction in San Jose. Though I feel it...
History & Culture: Winchester Mystery House
Fremont is a funky, hip little neighborhood in Seattle filled with great bars and restaurants. What lots of people don't know is that when you go...
General: The Fremont Troll