Joan of Arc Day, Orleans, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Orleans > Joan of Arc Day
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
Now the whole city of Orleans is comemorating her. She is honored with museums, statues, in the stained glass of the Cathedral. It's like the wole town is dedicated to her, restaurant, street, school, it's great, I think.
But what is even better, the Joan of Arc Day on 8 May each year, the middle of a one week celebration. There are parades all over the city, there is an amazing medieval fair and there are great fireworks late at night. Many of the townspeople dress up in Medieval costumes and there is Medieval music everywhere. It wonderful how ordinary people take instruments used hundreds of years ago and play music on the everywhere streets.
You can actually find some really good things on the fair, the best place to get some souvenirs.
It's all over the town.
All day long for approx. one week around the Joan of Arc Day, 8 May.
Recent travel tips for France
- Eiffel Tower by nightIf you want to see something breathtaking, watch the Eiffel Tower every hour from dusk to 2 am (1 am in the winter) as 20,000 bulbs twinkle brilliantly for five minutes. The view will surely make you love Paris even more. [...]D: n/a00
- Lille metro warningDo not travel without a ticket on Lille's metro, trams, or buses. The fine is 40 euros and that's not cheap. [...]D: n/a00
- Arc de TriompheThe Arc de Triomphe is one of the most famous sites in Paris and a symbol for Paris. It is beautifully located on Champs Elysées and was built for the victory of Napoleon's army. Tourists can climb the Arc de Triomphe can get a nice view [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Disneyland resortWhen you are in Paris, then you can go to Disneyland resort paris. It's great for children. [...]D: 20.7mi00
- Marché de WazemmesOn Rue Gambetta, there is a market called Wazemmes (Marché de Wazemmes), that is opened every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, from morning until 1-2 PM. After the market closes the whole place becomes a parking place. Wazemmes is very big [...]D: n/a00
Things about Orleans you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
In Langenargen there is a beautiful castle.
General: Visit the beautiful castle
Most German train stations have a little nasty little bar inside or right next to the station. For Stuttgart, which obviously has lots of...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar on top of the train station
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Cambodia is one of the most preferred destinations for travelers if they are thinking about having a holiday in South East of Asia. Tourists from...
General: Cambodia Luxury Holiday: Top Tings to do
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
This is a fun but rather Westerner oriented classic. Q-Bar is for you if you like cocktails, if you like style and well if you like bangkok...
Night Life & Entertainment: Q-Bar
Hua Hin, Thailand
Hua Hin is a coastline city, therefore the sea is only a stone-throw away so you can lay on the sun all day, go swimming and tan every day. ...
Beaches : The Beach Resort
Charleston, West Virginia
For a peaceful but also an entertaining retreat from the city, Cato Park is the best place to go. It not only includes picnic areas but a huge golf...
Outdoors Activities: A Walk in Cato Park
Corpus Christi, Texas
Whether you are a fan of this amazing girl and singer or not, it doesn't really matter. The Selena Museum offers such a detailed and warm...
History & Culture: Selena Museum
San Diego, California
Mission San Luis Rey is the oldest mission in California. It was founded by Franciscan friars in 1794 to convert the local natives to the catholic...
History & Culture: Mission San Luis Rey