Crossing the roads of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Ho Chi Minh City > Crossing the roads of Ho Chi Minh City
- General travel tip
- City center
However the tip here is to look for gaps in the traffic and boldly make the first move, before you realise it you are in the middle road in the traffic where the vehicles are actually skilfully avoiding you. So one tip here is see a gap and make your first few steps and walk across and the motorist will avoid you as you walk. Do not make any abrupt movement while crossing as this may make the motorist panic. Another tip here is to look around and see if a fellow Vietnamese is crossing the road and just follow right behind the person closely and follow his footsteps.
Ho Chi Minh City
Free to cross the road
The road seems to be always busy
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Ho Chi Minh City
- Post office in Ho Chi Minh CityThe post office looks extremely grand and it is a huge place that has beautiful interior designs that looks like you are back in the 20th Century. This is one great place to buy souvenirs for friends and families back home. There are stores [...]D: 3mi00
- Jade Emperor PagodaJade emperor pagoda is dedicated to the various Chinese-Vietnamese gods in a mix of Taoist and Buddhist styles. This pagoda has many wood carvings, beautiful roof tiles and statues. This is a great place for photographers to take pictures [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Tailor made Holiday to VietnamVietnam is blessed with amazing traditional culture, breathtaking nature reservoir and amazingly blessed tourist attractions through the natural wonders. A holiday to Vietnam offer you so many opportunities to discover historical, cultural [...]D: 5.7mi00
- War Remnants MuseumThis War Remnants museum is a must to visit if you want to know more about the history of Vietnam during the Vietnam War. It has various pictures that show real people during the time of the Vietnam War and how they were affected by the war [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Saigon Saigon BarSaigon Saigon bar is a great place to hang out with your friends after sigh seeing Ho Chi Minh City. The Bar is located in the Caravelle Hotel. It not only serves great chilled beer and other alcoholic drinks but from this bar you are able [...]D: 0.7mi10
Things about Ho Chi Minh City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you visit this city around Christmas time, there is a Christmas market organised in front of the Schonbrunn castle. It's very nice, and you can...
Family & Fun: Christmas market at the Schonbrunn
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
There is an amazing park in the center of the city, a park with palm trees and little bridges over a pretty watercourse. Don't miss it!
Family & Fun: Park in the heart of the city
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
Want something that combines traditionalism and modernism? Why don’t you try a local pizza? The best traditional pizza (ok, I admit, the only one...
Food: Local Pizza (so tasty)
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
The Texans, Houston's beloved and very popular football team. They are members of the National Football League (NFL)and really very much adored, so...
Sports & Wellness : Reliant Stadium and the Houston Texans
Kansas City, Missouri
There is nothing like seeing a real, original Harley Davidson being made from scratch in front of your eyes. The Harley Davidson Factory Tour gives...
Sightseeing: Harley Davidson Factory Tour
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head