What women must experience in Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Ho Chi Minh City > What women must experience in Saigon
- General travel tip
- City center
Get to know the real Ho Chi Minh City on a cyclo tour
To visit the grittier side of the city and also to see how local live away from the tourist places hop on a Cyclo tour (3 wheeled bicycles with a bucket seat) and let a guy paddle you around the city on a usual 2 hour trip to see the lesser seen districts of Saigon, this is so unique away from the crazy motorbike traffic of Saigon.
For the food fanatics, try the authentic Vietnamese dishes
Looking for fresh, clean and local eats then grab some foods through the authentic foodies that could be seen all around the city, everywhere you’ll find out about Pho Bo (noodle soup), Spring rolls and other foods that you must try during your vacation in Vietnam, also, the French connection is still alive in Saigon – namely in the forms of foods, so, don’t miss them, in the other hand one of the most surprising things about Vietnam is the extensive array of ethnic cuisines offered throughout the city.
Explore the busy markets in Saigon
Everyone visit Ben Thanh market, however, if you want to stay off the tourist trail, then make sure to visit Cho Lon market in district 5. It’s just as big, but its where the locals go to shop. You may not find your tourist souvenirs in there, but instead you will experience a local shop. Wander down the back alleys to see the specialized street markets such as the motorbike parts street or the temple area. This is a great place for photography and if you have time check out both these markets as they each have their own unique flavor.
Swinging nightlife – Saigon has it all to offer
The nightlife in Saigon is always moving everyday of the week, in fact its dancing. The Vietnamese love to do ballroom dancing and they are great at it. To experience a great mix of Vietnamese locals and expats hanging out together, check out many free dance nights around town, no matter if you are on a holiday or living in Ho Chi Minh City, I believe everyone must experience a unique nightlife that Vietnam has to offer.
Exotic Day trips from Ho Chi Minh City
There is a large variety of day or multi day tours that are departing from Ho Chi Minh City, the most popular one including visiting Cai Be and Cai Rang floating markets to visit the exotic Mekong Delta, there are also cruise tours running regularly between Vietnam and Cambodia, make sure to check all the Cambodia tour packages, however, Cu Chi tunnel and Cao Dai temple in Tay Ninh is another interesting day trip that is also very high demanded. If you are keen to get on the beach, then, opt for Vung Tau and or Phu Quoc Island.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Ho Chi Minh City
- Jade Emperor PagodaJade emperor pagoda is dedicated to the various Chinese-Vietnamese gods in a mix of Taoist and Buddhist styles. This pagoda has many wood carvings, beautiful roof tiles and statues. This is a great place for photographers to take pictures [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Q Bar in Ho Chi Minh CityQ Bar is considered a posh and upscale bar. He bar is beautiful artistic decorations and they also serve many different kinds of drinks apart from the normal kind of beers. If you are interested to get some drinks apart from the normal [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Saigon Tourist Travel ServiceSaigon tourist travel service is a very important place for all tourists who are new to Ho Chi Minh City. This place is full of information about Ho Chi Minh and the various places that one can visit in the city. They also provide a very [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Oil Paintings in Ho Chi Minh CityIf you are interested to buy beautiful oil-paintings as souvenirs to take back home then a great place to visit would be along the backpacker’s area in De Tham and Pham Ngu Lao streets, in District 1. This place has beautiful hand [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Drinking water in Ho Chi Minh CityThe tap water in Ho Chi Minh City is not suitable for drinking and it should be avoided as one can get ill. However this water can be used for other purposes such as brushing of teeth and washing of items such as clothes and dishes. Thus a [...]D: 0.7mi00
Things about Ho Chi Minh City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I WAS THERE 5 YEARS AGO, THE PEOPLE IS VERY FRIENDLY, THEY MAKE YOU PART OF THEIR FAMILY, IS SO HARD TO FORGET PEOPLE LIKE THEM
General: FRIENDLY PEOPLE
There is a wonderful view from Sacromonte over the city. You can find an abbey on the top of the mountain, beautiful 17th century building. What...
Outdoors Activities: Sacromonte
Visiting Helsinki without going to a public sauna is almost unthinkable. The only place where you can enjoy the genuine sauna experience is at one...
Sports & Wellness : Arlan sauna
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
London, United Kingdom
EasyJet Customer Service Contact Numbers are always ready to provide you necessary assistance. For general guide you can contact the customer...
Public Transportation: EasyJet Customer Service Contact Number
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
Book your tour with Twins Tours to the HolyLand!
General: Visiting the Holy Land
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Ocho Rios ( www.ocho-rios-jamaica.com ) has some of the most diverse tourist attractions. You have Dunns River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Blue Hole (this...
General: Ocho Rios Attractions
Full of povety not safe choose another destination
General: Do not go