What women must experience in Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Ho Chi Minh City > What women must experience in Saigon
- General travel tip
- City center
Get to know the real Ho Chi Minh City on a cyclo tour
To visit the grittier side of the city and also to see how local live away from the tourist places hop on a Cyclo tour (3 wheeled bicycles with a bucket seat) and let a guy paddle you around the city on a usual 2 hour trip to see the lesser seen districts of Saigon, this is so unique away from the crazy motorbike traffic of Saigon.
For the food fanatics, try the authentic Vietnamese dishes
Looking for fresh, clean and local eats then grab some foods through the authentic foodies that could be seen all around the city, everywhere you’ll find out about Pho Bo (noodle soup), Spring rolls and other foods that you must try during your vacation in Vietnam, also, the French connection is still alive in Saigon – namely in the forms of foods, so, don’t miss them, in the other hand one of the most surprising things about Vietnam is the extensive array of ethnic cuisines offered throughout the city.
Explore the busy markets in Saigon
Everyone visit Ben Thanh market, however, if you want to stay off the tourist trail, then make sure to visit Cho Lon market in district 5. It’s just as big, but its where the locals go to shop. You may not find your tourist souvenirs in there, but instead you will experience a local shop. Wander down the back alleys to see the specialized street markets such as the motorbike parts street or the temple area. This is a great place for photography and if you have time check out both these markets as they each have their own unique flavor.
Swinging nightlife – Saigon has it all to offer
The nightlife in Saigon is always moving everyday of the week, in fact its dancing. The Vietnamese love to do ballroom dancing and they are great at it. To experience a great mix of Vietnamese locals and expats hanging out together, check out many free dance nights around town, no matter if you are on a holiday or living in Ho Chi Minh City, I believe everyone must experience a unique nightlife that Vietnam has to offer.
Exotic Day trips from Ho Chi Minh City
There is a large variety of day or multi day tours that are departing from Ho Chi Minh City, the most popular one including visiting Cai Be and Cai Rang floating markets to visit the exotic Mekong Delta, there are also cruise tours running regularly between Vietnam and Cambodia, make sure to check all the Cambodia tour packages, however, Cu Chi tunnel and Cao Dai temple in Tay Ninh is another interesting day trip that is also very high demanded. If you are keen to get on the beach, then, opt for Vung Tau and or Phu Quoc Island.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Ho Chi Minh City
- Cholon (Chinatown)This place is the Chinatown of Vietnam. Most of Vietnam’s ethnic Chinese, the largest ethnic minority group in Vietnam, live here. This is a great place to see how the locals go about their daily life. There is quite a number of [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Jade Emperor PagodaJade emperor pagoda is dedicated to the various Chinese-Vietnamese gods in a mix of Taoist and Buddhist styles. This pagoda has many wood carvings, beautiful roof tiles and statues. This is a great place for photographers to take pictures [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Saigon Central MosqueSaigon Central Mosque is one of the 12 mosques in Ho Chi Minh City. Muslims from all over the world would come here to worship. This mosque is usually crowded on Fridays. This a very peaceful place to go to understand the Muslim culture in [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Saigon Saigon BarSaigon Saigon bar is a great place to hang out with your friends after sigh seeing Ho Chi Minh City. The Bar is located in the Caravelle Hotel. It not only serves great chilled beer and other alcoholic drinks but from this bar you are able [...]D: 0.7mi10
- Drinking water in Ho Chi Minh CityThe tap water in Ho Chi Minh City is not suitable for drinking and it should be avoided as one can get ill. However this water can be used for other purposes such as brushing of teeth and washing of items such as clothes and dishes. Thus a [...]D: 0.7mi00
Things about Ho Chi Minh City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Brief Introduction of Yangshuo: Yangshuo is famous for its picturesque landscape and the hopping West Street. Here you must be absorbed in the...
Sightseeing: Different Li River in Different Seasons.
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
Athens is extremely hot, so make sure that you always have enough to drink with you. Especially when you are climbing up to the Parthenon.
History & Culture: Bring water with you to the Parthenon
Welcome to the Top trekking & hiking in Morocco Top Trekking In Morocco is one of the best specialists in travel and the discovery of Morocco. You...
Outdoors Activities: Trekking in morocco,travel adventrures tours,guided walking holdays,toubkal trek
Hanoi, Papua New Guinea
Vietnam shares its borders with Laos, Cambodia and China. It presents wonderful opportunities to discover it’s natural and wonder tourist...
General: How to choose a Vietnam luxury tour?
Las Pinas, Philippines
MARBLES resto bar, billiards and ktv located along Alabang Zapote road has been one of Las Pinas' pioneer gimmick spots with its 11 pool tables,...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar, Billiards,KTV and Live Bands
This museum, though not a big one, hosts first-class exhibitions from various Eastern cultures, like Egypt, Mesopotamia, India even Japan and China...
History & Culture: The Gulbenkian Museum
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
Going to visit family n friends in paradise!
General: Family n friends
Washington, District Of Columbia
After visiting a Holocaust historical museum you always get into a melancholic, sad, emotional state. This Museum in Washington was more depressing...
History & Culture: Holocaust Memorial Museum