What women must experience in Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Ho Chi Minh City > What women must experience in Saigon
- General travel tip
- City center
Get to know the real Ho Chi Minh City on a cyclo tour
To visit the grittier side of the city and also to see how local live away from the tourist places hop on a Cyclo tour (3 wheeled bicycles with a bucket seat) and let a guy paddle you around the city on a usual 2 hour trip to see the lesser seen districts of Saigon, this is so unique away from the crazy motorbike traffic of Saigon.
For the food fanatics, try the authentic Vietnamese dishes
Looking for fresh, clean and local eats then grab some foods through the authentic foodies that could be seen all around the city, everywhere you’ll find out about Pho Bo (noodle soup), Spring rolls and other foods that you must try during your vacation in Vietnam, also, the French connection is still alive in Saigon – namely in the forms of foods, so, don’t miss them, in the other hand one of the most surprising things about Vietnam is the extensive array of ethnic cuisines offered throughout the city.
Explore the busy markets in Saigon
Everyone visit Ben Thanh market, however, if you want to stay off the tourist trail, then make sure to visit Cho Lon market in district 5. It’s just as big, but its where the locals go to shop. You may not find your tourist souvenirs in there, but instead you will experience a local shop. Wander down the back alleys to see the specialized street markets such as the motorbike parts street or the temple area. This is a great place for photography and if you have time check out both these markets as they each have their own unique flavor.
Swinging nightlife – Saigon has it all to offer
The nightlife in Saigon is always moving everyday of the week, in fact its dancing. The Vietnamese love to do ballroom dancing and they are great at it. To experience a great mix of Vietnamese locals and expats hanging out together, check out many free dance nights around town, no matter if you are on a holiday or living in Ho Chi Minh City, I believe everyone must experience a unique nightlife that Vietnam has to offer.
Exotic Day trips from Ho Chi Minh City
There is a large variety of day or multi day tours that are departing from Ho Chi Minh City, the most popular one including visiting Cai Be and Cai Rang floating markets to visit the exotic Mekong Delta, there are also cruise tours running regularly between Vietnam and Cambodia, make sure to check all the Cambodia tour packages, however, Cu Chi tunnel and Cao Dai temple in Tay Ninh is another interesting day trip that is also very high demanded. If you are keen to get on the beach, then, opt for Vung Tau and or Phu Quoc Island.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Ho Chi Minh City
- Sightseeing Ho Chi Minh on motorbikeMotorbikes are the most common type of vehicle that you will be able to see on the roads of Ho Chi Minh City. There will be many motorcyclists on the roads and you would most certainly be approached by some of them to ask if you are [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Drink stalls on the road sideWhile travelling around Ho Chi Minh city you are bound to meet many drink stall owners who will be carrying coconuts and other drinks on a pole with two baskets on each end. Many of these vendors will persuade you to buy the drinks [...]D: 3.1mi00
- Www.kampungpandan.com - a certified halal restaurant in...Kampung Pandan is the only halal restaurant in Ho Chi Minh city that serves the Fresh Roti Canai. Their main chef is Malaysian. Menu is all full halal up to 200 cuicines [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Jade Emperor PagodaJade emperor pagoda is dedicated to the various Chinese-Vietnamese gods in a mix of Taoist and Buddhist styles. This pagoda has many wood carvings, beautiful roof tiles and statues. This is a great place for photographers to take pictures [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Cholon (Chinatown)This place is the Chinatown of Vietnam. Most of Vietnam’s ethnic Chinese, the largest ethnic minority group in Vietnam, live here. This is a great place to see how the locals go about their daily life. There is quite a number of [...]D: 1.1mi00
Things about Ho Chi Minh City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Wiener Neustadt, Austria
They have great drinks not for too much and great company. Also they have the best music in the area, so yes, I can say it's the best club in the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Backstage
The greatest place in all Toronto to buy all accessories to your outfit is Accessity. This great place offers the products of a lot of designers...
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
A very walkable cosmopolitan city and extremely pleasant in February. Fantastic food, fun and great people, be sure to take a walking tour of the...
Sightseeing: The chocolate factory and other fascinating sights
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
No thing important i like go best place
General: Man or mr
Atlantic City, New Jersey
I always visit a spa if I had a really tiring week, and being in Atlantic City for a couple of weeks, I just had to spend some relaxing time away...
Sports & Wellness : Elizabeth Arden Spa
One of the most expensive and luxurious hotels in Miami, Fontainebleau Hotel provides everything one might need to spend a holiday in glamorous...
General: The Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami