What women must experience in Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Ho Chi Minh City > What women must experience in Saigon
- General travel tip
- City center
Get to know the real Ho Chi Minh City on a cyclo tour
To visit the grittier side of the city and also to see how local live away from the tourist places hop on a Cyclo tour (3 wheeled bicycles with a bucket seat) and let a guy paddle you around the city on a usual 2 hour trip to see the lesser seen districts of Saigon, this is so unique away from the crazy motorbike traffic of Saigon.
For the food fanatics, try the authentic Vietnamese dishes
Looking for fresh, clean and local eats then grab some foods through the authentic foodies that could be seen all around the city, everywhere you’ll find out about Pho Bo (noodle soup), Spring rolls and other foods that you must try during your vacation in Vietnam, also, the French connection is still alive in Saigon – namely in the forms of foods, so, don’t miss them, in the other hand one of the most surprising things about Vietnam is the extensive array of ethnic cuisines offered throughout the city.
Explore the busy markets in Saigon
Everyone visit Ben Thanh market, however, if you want to stay off the tourist trail, then make sure to visit Cho Lon market in district 5. It’s just as big, but its where the locals go to shop. You may not find your tourist souvenirs in there, but instead you will experience a local shop. Wander down the back alleys to see the specialized street markets such as the motorbike parts street or the temple area. This is a great place for photography and if you have time check out both these markets as they each have their own unique flavor.
Swinging nightlife – Saigon has it all to offer
The nightlife in Saigon is always moving everyday of the week, in fact its dancing. The Vietnamese love to do ballroom dancing and they are great at it. To experience a great mix of Vietnamese locals and expats hanging out together, check out many free dance nights around town, no matter if you are on a holiday or living in Ho Chi Minh City, I believe everyone must experience a unique nightlife that Vietnam has to offer.
Exotic Day trips from Ho Chi Minh City
There is a large variety of day or multi day tours that are departing from Ho Chi Minh City, the most popular one including visiting Cai Be and Cai Rang floating markets to visit the exotic Mekong Delta, there are also cruise tours running regularly between Vietnam and Cambodia, make sure to check all the Cambodia tour packages, however, Cu Chi tunnel and Cao Dai temple in Tay Ninh is another interesting day trip that is also very high demanded. If you are keen to get on the beach, then, opt for Vung Tau and or Phu Quoc Island.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam culinary VacationVietnam is a wonderful destination for any kind of vacation and a country that is home to amazing attractions and superb tourist sites, Vietnam is rich in diverse culture, history of thousand years and more than everything a destination [...]D: n/a00
- Crossing the roads of Ho Chi Minh CityTo many of how not experience heavy traffic situations, the roads and streets of Ho Chi Minh city can be a great surprise. The roads of Ho Chi Minh city is congested with many motorbikes. This can be very intimidating to cross the [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Sightseeing on a cycloTravelling on a cyclo is a great experience and a great way to see Ho Chi Minh city in a slow and relaxed manner. You will be a able t o get a good view and at the same time you get to have a real feel of the city. The cyclo will travel to [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Rex Hotel Rooftop Beer GardenRex Hotel Rooftop Beer Garden is a great place to go to if you want to see the city from the above. This place is a beer garden where they sell alcoholic beverages to patrons. The main highlight of this place is the view that of the city [...]D: 3mi00
- Q Bar in Ho Chi Minh CityQ Bar is considered a posh and upscale bar. He bar is beautiful artistic decorations and they also serve many different kinds of drinks apart from the normal kind of beers. If you are interested to get some drinks apart from the normal [...]D: 2.7mi00
Things about Ho Chi Minh City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like playing, you can visit the Casino Bregenz. You have to be 18 years to get admission to it.
Night Life & Entertainment: Casino Bregenz
Driving through that city can be interesting, especially if you go there with a van or another big car. Also some of the subterranean parking lots...
General: Traffic situation
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
So it's that time of the year again when you've packed your bags and are raring to go and find yourself heading to God's Own Country – Kerala...
Beaches : Some Must-Do Activities On Your Trip To Kerala
Baile Felix, Romania
Baile Felix is a thermal resort located at 10 km from Oradea. One of the best hotels where you can rest in Baile Felix is Hotel International, and...
General: Thermal resort Apolo
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
Located on the rooftop of the Orient Express hotel, this Imbat Restaurant is delight. Not just because of its view of the city and the Bosporus,...
Food: Imbat Restaurant
A beautiful white structure, still in restoration process, though, the San Xavier del Bac Mission is beautiful in its white simplicity, but you are...
History & Culture: San Xavier del Bac Mission
Wahweap Marina is a great spot to spend a couple of nice days by the water. They have a great selection of rentals (power boats and house boats)....
Beaches : Wahweap Marina
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns