What women must experience in Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Ho Chi Minh City > What women must experience in Saigon
- General travel tip
- City center
Get to know the real Ho Chi Minh City on a cyclo tour
To visit the grittier side of the city and also to see how local live away from the tourist places hop on a Cyclo tour (3 wheeled bicycles with a bucket seat) and let a guy paddle you around the city on a usual 2 hour trip to see the lesser seen districts of Saigon, this is so unique away from the crazy motorbike traffic of Saigon.
For the food fanatics, try the authentic Vietnamese dishes
Looking for fresh, clean and local eats then grab some foods through the authentic foodies that could be seen all around the city, everywhere you’ll find out about Pho Bo (noodle soup), Spring rolls and other foods that you must try during your vacation in Vietnam, also, the French connection is still alive in Saigon – namely in the forms of foods, so, don’t miss them, in the other hand one of the most surprising things about Vietnam is the extensive array of ethnic cuisines offered throughout the city.
Explore the busy markets in Saigon
Everyone visit Ben Thanh market, however, if you want to stay off the tourist trail, then make sure to visit Cho Lon market in district 5. It’s just as big, but its where the locals go to shop. You may not find your tourist souvenirs in there, but instead you will experience a local shop. Wander down the back alleys to see the specialized street markets such as the motorbike parts street or the temple area. This is a great place for photography and if you have time check out both these markets as they each have their own unique flavor.
Swinging nightlife – Saigon has it all to offer
The nightlife in Saigon is always moving everyday of the week, in fact its dancing. The Vietnamese love to do ballroom dancing and they are great at it. To experience a great mix of Vietnamese locals and expats hanging out together, check out many free dance nights around town, no matter if you are on a holiday or living in Ho Chi Minh City, I believe everyone must experience a unique nightlife that Vietnam has to offer.
Exotic Day trips from Ho Chi Minh City
There is a large variety of day or multi day tours that are departing from Ho Chi Minh City, the most popular one including visiting Cai Be and Cai Rang floating markets to visit the exotic Mekong Delta, there are also cruise tours running regularly between Vietnam and Cambodia, make sure to check all the Cambodia tour packages, however, Cu Chi tunnel and Cao Dai temple in Tay Ninh is another interesting day trip that is also very high demanded. If you are keen to get on the beach, then, opt for Vung Tau and or Phu Quoc Island.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Ho Chi Minh City
- Thao Cam Vien (Zoo and Botanical Gardens)Thao Cam Vien (Zoo and Botanical Gardens) is a great place to come to when you visit Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam. There are many animal and plant species here in this place. Photographers can take great pictures of this animal and plants. [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Q Bar in Ho Chi Minh CityQ Bar is considered a posh and upscale bar. He bar is beautiful artistic decorations and they also serve many different kinds of drinks apart from the normal kind of beers. If you are interested to get some drinks apart from the normal [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Saigon Notre-Dame CathedralThe Notre- Dame cathedral is a very famous architecture in Ho Chi Minh City. This cathedral is known to be made of materials that were only imported from France. The interior of the cathedral is simply stunning as it gives a very calm and [...]D: 3mi00
- Reunification PalaceThe Reunification palace is a presidential palace. This palace consists of about 100 rooms where each room is beautiful crafted with nice Vietnamese furniture, displays and design. If you go to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam this is place is [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Drinking water in Ho Chi Minh CityThe tap water in Ho Chi Minh City is not suitable for drinking and it should be avoided as one can get ill. However this water can be used for other purposes such as brushing of teeth and washing of items such as clothes and dishes. Thus a [...]D: 0.7mi00
Things about Ho Chi Minh City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are in Graz you should visit the old armory of the town from the 16./17. century. It´s the oldest completely preserved armory, attracting...
History & Culture: Landeszeughaus Graz
The hotel Ambos Mundos, its name meaning Both Worlds, is famous for its association with Ernest Hemingway, who stayed in one of its rooms and wrote...
General: Hotel Ambos Mundos in Havana
I went to the Big Easy for brunch last week on a rainy Sunday. It's been an excellent experience. They have a wide varietay of food. I...
Food: Awesome Brunch at The Big Easy
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
If you want to buy some food but you don't want to pay as much as you would have to in Paralia, I suggest you to try that small supermarket we used...
Shopping: Cheap supermarket near Paralia
Get special offers & discounts on online hotel bookings at Elegant Holidays & Tours, We provide bookings on all luxury hotels in India & across the...
General: Luxury Hotels in India
You should really take yourself time for at least one day or better a whole weekend.
General: Visiting the ancient roman city
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
Self-defined as an amazing 'sensory-experience', the maze is basically 4000 square feet of halls with names like Blaze Maze, Big Squeeze and Stomp...
Family & Fun: Amazing Chicago Funhouse Maze