Hollywood Sign, Los Angeles, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Los Angeles > Hollywood Sign
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You may or may not go for the hike (about 5Miles), I usually just drive as close as I can and then take some photos)
Griffith Park, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
How to get there:
Simply drive up on the 101 Freeway (North), then take off on Franklin and make a right. You'll be really close to the sign already. Take a left on Beachwood and you'll be heading straight towards the sign, a great spot for your pics.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Los Angeles
- The WaffleThis is a real nice place to grab an unforgettable breakfast. The place is creative and offers many types of breakfast for all tastes. No matter if you are a Vegetarian, a Vegan, a meat eater, they will have something for you. [...]D: n/a20
- Third Street PromenadeThis one of the nice outdoor shopping streets with no cars around. You'll just walk around on 3rd Street Promenade and enjoy live performances of street artists. There are many many nice shops around, nice restaurants and coffee shops. You [...]D: n/a00
- Mann's Chinese TheatreThis Chinese Theater with its pagodas and temples is certainly one of the strangest buildings in Hollywood. This place has almost been a holy location to some movie fans. In front of the Chinese Theater there are the hand prints of some [...]D: n/a11
- Manhattan BeachThe perfect place in order to relax a little bit while in LA is Manhattan Beach. I usually go there simply to walk around and just to get away from the noisy city. You can walk all the way down to Redondo and Hermosa Beach or stop for some [...]D: 13.8mi00
- California Pizza KitchenI have never tasted such a mouthwatering, delicious pizza in my entire life as I had a few weeks ago in the California Pizza Kitchen. I never knew pizza could taste this good. Always wanted to try out a Mediterranean one with pineapple [...]D: 5.1mi00
Things about Los Angeles you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you think about China and gardens in the same sentence, the word that comes to mind is 'transquility'. But if that's what you...
Outdoors Activities: Yu Yuan Gardens in Shanghai
Checkpoint Charlie was a watchtower from where they controlled the area of the Berlin Wall that divided West and East Berlin so that nobody can...
History & Culture: Checkpoint Charlie Museum
On my 1st trip to Quito, I got incredibly sick. First I thought it was food poisoning but it was suggested I had altitude sickness. We flew from...
General: Beware of Altitude sickness
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
It isn't a good place at all. The waiters were impolite, the menu was a single sheet thrown onto the table and without prices. We ordered meal...
Hi, so there is a river that goes right near the city of Poltava, Ukraine. Our summers are really, really hot, so many people get out of the city....
Beaches : Things to do in Poltava in summer
If you are looking for a really beautiful place to relax, walk around, eat a sandwich or read a little sitting under an old tree, Harvard Yard is...
Sightseeing: Harvard Yard
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT
We went on our hotel's recommendation to the Wild Fork in Utica Square to eat one night. We didn't have a reservation, but being in the...
Food: Wild Fork