Beijing Travel Tips, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Beijing travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Beijing travel tip categories:
- General (4)
- History & Culture (6)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (2)
- Sightseeing (4)
Browse Beijing travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Beijing travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Beijing or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Beijing travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Beijing
- A Brife Introduce for You the Ancient Street In BeijingChina travel is one of the most popular tour routes all over the world due to China is an old country with so many beautiful landscapes and historical sites. Traveling on holiday is becoming a new fashion and the good way to relieve [...]D: 8.3mi00
- The Summer Palace in BeijingThe Emperor's getaway for centuries, the Summer Palace is the greatest and grandest imperial garden in whole China. Built as a place of recreation and rest for the emperor, the garden encompasses everything that is peaceful, harmonious and [...]D: n/a00
- The Temple of HeavenBigger than the Forbidden city, this park and religious complex is one of the main attractions of Beijing. Originally built during the Ming and Qing Dynasty, as the worshiping place of the emperor, the park is now a social center for locals [...]D: n/a00
- Tiananmen Square in BeijingThe square is one of the most visited sights in Beijing, if not in China. It is a huge place, filled with locals and tourists alike and is the favored place of kite-fliers. You can watch many children running around, flying their kites. [...]D: n/a00
- The Ming Tombs in BeijingIt was built originally for the emperor Zhu Di and his empresses, holding the name of Changling, than later mausoleums of other 12 emperors and their empresses were built around the main tomb. Interestingly the tomb of the first emperor who [...]D: n/a00
- The Great Wall of ChinaOne of the 7 wonders of the world and a man-made architectural sight that is visible from space, the Great Wall of China is a MUST-SEE if you travel to Beijing, or for that matter, to China. The wall has various stopping points where you [...]D: n/a00
- The Red Wall Hotel in BeijingThe best thing about the Red Wall Hotel was that it was really close to the main attractions that we wanted to visit, such as the Forbidden City, Beihai Park and Tiananmen Square. Though I didn't expect so much from the hotel, I've read [...]D: 10.5mi00
- The Shangri-La Hotel in BeijingI had an amazing vacation and a superb stay in this upscale hotel the last time I visited Beijing. Truly a five-star-hotel, it was equipped with everything that could make your stay as enjoyable as it can be. It doesn't show from outside, [...]D: 12.3mi00
- The Beijing ZooThe first zoo in China, the Beijing Zoo is a great destination for families or friends. It's main attractions are the pandas, of course, though I don't know why, you have to pay an extra admission fee to enter their dwelling place. [...]D: n/a00
- The Forbidden CityBuilt in 1420, the Forbidden City has been the sacred place of emperors, and was unreachable for any other man. Consisting of buildings, courtyards, gardens and halls, the 'city' is one of the world's largest palace complexes. The most [...]D: n/a00
- The Lama Temple in BeijingDating back to the Qing dynasty, the Lama Temple is the most magnificent Buddhist temple in China. Built similarly to other great imperial buildings, with golden-tiled rooftops, red walls, multi-colored glaze tiles, the temple's [...]D: n/a00
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel in BeijingThe Crowne Plaza was renovated and remodeled in 2005 and though it doesn't have the typical Chinese charm it is a very comfortable, elegant and modern place which is about 20-minutes walk to the Forbidden City and other major attractions. [...]D: 10mi00
- Fangshan Restaurant in BeijingWe've never tasted a deliciously and elaborately prepared meal such as the one we had at the Fangshan Restaurant in Beihai Park. This restaurant is famous for its imperial cuisine, serving dishes that were made for the emperors. The name of [...]D: n/a00
- Liulichang Culture Street in BeijingTo feel and experience a little bit of historical China and explore a part of Beijing that is full of folklore and Chinese culture, than you must visit Liulichang Street in Xuanwu District, juts south of the Peace Gate. This street is full [...]D: n/a00
- Bianyifang Roast Duck Restaurant in BeijingWe tasted the most delicious roast duck ever in this cozy little restaurant on Happiness Street. The whole dish was crisp, fragrant and mouthwatering, we loved it. As we found out, the restaurant has a long history, being founded during [...]D: n/a00
- Beijing HutongsHutongs are known as small passageways or streets, originated from the Yuan dynasty. They are the symbols of the everyday life of common people. And because so many locals who lived in these hutongs were happy with their ways of life, it [...]D: 11.5mi00
- Tiananmen SquareTiananmen Square is the larges public square in the world. Its name means Gate of Heavenly Peace and is one of the symbols of Beijing. You surely remember the confrontations between demonstrators and soldiers in 1989. You may have also [...]D: 9.2mi00
Things about Beijing you may be interested in
Recent Beijing flights found by Travelgrove users
- $450 China Air
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Vancouver, BC (YVR) Beijing, CN (PEK) 09/17/2017 01:50 pm Beijing, CN (PEK) Vancouver, BC (YVR) 09/29/2017 03:25 pm
- $494 Multiple Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Seattle, WA (SEA) Beijing, CN (PEK) 08/23/2017 11:10 pm Beijing, CN (PEK) Seattle, WA (SEA) 08/30/2017 12:00 pm
- $498 Multiple Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Portland, OR (PDX) Beijing, CN (PEK) 08/23/2017 06:25 pm Beijing, CN (PEK) Portland, OR (PDX) 08/30/2017 03:40 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
Prague, Czech Republic
In 1143 Vladislav II founded Strahov Monastery, the second oldest of its kind in Prague. It is the home of Premonstratensian monks and a wonderful...
History & Culture: Strahov Monastery and Library
While in Friedrichshafen, don't miss out on visiting the Promenade. It's basically the street that's right by the Lake Constance. There are a ton...
Sightseeing: Friedrichshafen Promenade
This is a great site in the middle of the city. It's one of the 11 towers in the city and you are allowed to climb it, so when you are in...
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
Walking tour in Braila city -historical places,churches,main touristic objectives.Come and find more about Braila city with a local guide !
Sightseeing: Braila city tour
Brukenthal Museum was founded by Joseph Bruckenthal, the governor of the city during the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The museum has more buildings,...
History & Culture: Brukenthal Museum
Anyone visiting Moscow will certainly need to go see the Red Square with the Kreml in the back. This is an amazing site simply because of it's...
Sightseeing: Red Square
Open for almost 20 years now, the major entertainment and sports venue, the Honda Center in Anaheim hosts hockey games, ice-skating competitions...
Sports & Wellness : Honda Center in Anaheim
This is maybe the best place to visit in Phoenix. It has almost everything that can be of interest to birdwatchers, contemporary art lovers,...
Sightseeing: The Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix
A nice way to see parts of Portland is to board a vintage trolley, a service running from the first Sunday of March until the last Sunday before...
Public Transportation: Portland Vintage Trolleys