The Beijing Zoo, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Beijing > The Beijing Zoo
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
There are other animals to see, which are of Chinese origin, like the golden monkeys, northeast tigers or the milu deer. Animals from Africa and America are also visible. The only thing I found rather disappointing was that these animal's 'homes' were mainly built from concrete, so I don't think they feel so comfortable inside.
A must-see, if you visit the zoo, is the Aquarium, which hosts live shows with dolphins, whales and sea-lions, not to mention all the different unique aquatic species that can be found here, such as sea elephants and man-eating fishes, amongst others.
Xicheng, Beijing, China
Zoo: CNY 15/CNY 10 , Aquarium: CNY 120
Beijing Zoo: 07:30 to 18:00,
Beijing Aquarium: 09:00 to 17:00
How to get there:
Take the Subway Line 4 or a taxi, or bus.
Recent travel tips for Beijing
- The Forbidden CityBuilt in 1420, the Forbidden City has been the sacred place of emperors, and was unreachable for any other man. Consisting of buildings, courtyards, gardens and halls, the 'city' is one of the world's largest palace complexes. The most [...]D: n/a00
- The Temple of HeavenBigger than the Forbidden city, this park and religious complex is one of the main attractions of Beijing. Originally built during the Ming and Qing Dynasty, as the worshiping place of the emperor, the park is now a social center for locals [...]D: n/a00
- The Summer Palace in BeijingThe Emperor's getaway for centuries, the Summer Palace is the greatest and grandest imperial garden in whole China. Built as a place of recreation and rest for the emperor, the garden encompasses everything that is peaceful, harmonious and [...]D: n/a00
- Tiananmen Square in BeijingThe square is one of the most visited sights in Beijing, if not in China. It is a huge place, filled with locals and tourists alike and is the favored place of kite-fliers. You can watch many children running around, flying their kites. [...]D: n/a00
- Bianyifang Roast Duck Restaurant in BeijingWe tasted the most delicious roast duck ever in this cozy little restaurant on Happiness Street. The whole dish was crisp, fragrant and mouthwatering, we loved it. As we found out, the restaurant has a long history, being founded during [...]D: n/a00
Things about Beijing you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The view from Belfort Tower over this marvelous medieval city is something you don't want to miss. The 366 steps of this 83 meters tower are worth...
Sightseeing: Belfort Tower (Belfry of Bruges)
Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Most of you have seen this frog before, either on TV or in a zoo, but the best place to find them is in Tortugero, Costa Rica. This rain forest in...
Sightseeing: Red Eye Tree Frogs
Bonao, Dominican Republic
Travel to the mountains of the caribbean. Climb the highest peak of the Caribbean. Pico Duarte
Outdoors Activities: Hotel Gold Premium
If you go to the Olymp mountain you have to stop here! This is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! On one side you see the sea on...
Sightseeing: Litochoro - a place you should see!
We are ground handling agent handling hotels car rental guides/Escort arrival /Departute assistance in Agra india E-mail...
General: Taj mahal
Indroda Park is quite an old park on the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Highway spread in over 400 hectares on the bank of river Sabarmati. It is...
Outdoors Activities: Indroda Park
Seoul, South Korea
'Playing with your food' seems to hold up a totally new meaning when you watch the show that is held every night in the Nanta Theater in...
Family & Fun: Nanta Theater
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
Pearl Harbour is an absolute must see in Honolulu. First you arrive to the Visitor Center and from there boats take you to the actual memorial....
History & Culture: Pearl Harbour