Tiananmen Square in Beijing, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Beijing > Tiananmen Square in Beijing
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Visiting the square both by day and at night is worth your time, because in any time of the day, the place is just spectacular. At night, the surrounding official buildings are all lit up, and surround the square in a flood of light. You should be careful though not to stay after 10:30pm, because otherwise you will be escorted out by soldiers, who come to close up the park for night.
What I would recommend to watch is the raising of the flag at the front of the square at sunrise or at sunset. It is a great event, because the traffic is halted, soldiers march up ceremoniously to the square to hoist the flag up or down the pole. You should watch it, though try to arrive early so can be in front of the crowd. :)
Center of Beijing
Free for square visiting
During the day.
How to get there:
By various buses (no. 1, 4, 10, 22, 52 or 57) or by subway 1, 2.
Recent travel tips for Beijing
- The Great Wall of ChinaOne of the 7 wonders of the world and a man-made architectural sight that is visible from space, the Great Wall of China is a MUST-SEE if you travel to Beijing, or for that matter, to China. The wall has various stopping points where you [...]D: n/a00
- The Ming Tombs in BeijingIt was built originally for the emperor Zhu Di and his empresses, holding the name of Changling, than later mausoleums of other 12 emperors and their empresses were built around the main tomb. Interestingly the tomb of the first emperor who [...]D: n/a00
- The Shangri-La Hotel in BeijingI had an amazing vacation and a superb stay in this upscale hotel the last time I visited Beijing. Truly a five-star-hotel, it was equipped with everything that could make your stay as enjoyable as it can be. It doesn't show from outside, [...]D: 12.3mi00
- The Temple of HeavenBigger than the Forbidden city, this park and religious complex is one of the main attractions of Beijing. Originally built during the Ming and Qing Dynasty, as the worshiping place of the emperor, the park is now a social center for locals [...]D: n/a00
- Fangshan Restaurant in BeijingWe've never tasted a deliciously and elaborately prepared meal such as the one we had at the Fangshan Restaurant in Beihai Park. This restaurant is famous for its imperial cuisine, serving dishes that were made for the emperors. The name of [...]D: n/a00
Things about Beijing you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at munich, you should visit the 'Deutsches Museum'. It´about technical history and industry developement over the centuries.
History & Culture: Visit the 'german museum'
This incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town...
Sightseeing: Town of Laguardia
If you don't want to pay for parking to the aqua park you can park just near it in some streets without any restriction.
General: Parking tip
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
So it's that time of the year again when you've packed your bags and are raring to go and find yourself heading to God's Own Country – Kerala...
Beaches : Some Must-Do Activities On Your Trip To Kerala
Shimla, the picturesque city in Himanchal Pradesh is widely adored for snow covered mountains, mesmerising greenery, splendid lakes, and pleasant...
Sightseeing: Top Tourist Places to Visit in Shimla
It isn't a good place at all. The waiters were impolite, the menu was a single sheet thrown onto the table and without prices. We ordered meal...
Badiatravel Inbound Agency based in Tripoli
In the center of the town there is a beautiful church, the 'Szent Mihaly Templom' and in front of it lies the prize-winner statue of one of the...
History & Culture: The St. Michael church and the Mathias statue
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Kampung Pandan is the only halal restaurant in Ho Chi Minh city that serves the Fresh Roti Canai. Their main chef is Malaysian. Menu is all full...
Food: Www.kampungpandan.com - a certified halal restaurant in Saigon