Chicago Travel Tips, Illinois
Travel tips > North America > United States > Chicago travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Chicago travel tip categories:
- General (1)
- History & Culture (3)
- Night Life & Entertainment (4)
- Family & Fun (6)
- Outdoors Activities (3)
- Food (3)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Shopping (2)
- Beaches (1)
Browse Chicago travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Chicago travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Chicago or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Chicago travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Chicago
- 5 Must Visit Tourist Destinations of AssamAssam is a wonderland. Its eternal beauty and mesmerising sightseeing options will keep you wondering for more. The land is a treaure of tribal traditions, amazing riverine islands, vast lush tea gardens, beautiful wildlife, magnanimous [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Some useful tips when you are climbing Mount KilimanjaroDon’t worry, be happy!!!!! All the time keep in mind to get pleasure from yourself. While there are a lot of hardships to endure – in addition to even a little danger to avoid – there is also a huge quantity of [...]D: n/a10
- American Girl PlaceI should have been in American Girl Place a couple of years earlier, but it was sort of fun at this age as well, though it was a very posh experience... :) There are all kinds of dolls there,a huge collection of them. There are dolls [...]D: 2mi00
- Buckingham FountainBuckingham Fountain is, I think, one of the best things about Chicago. It was built by Kate Buckingham in 1927 in the memory of her brother. It is in Grant park and is the most amazing during the night, when the lights are the most [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Chicago BeachesAlthough not a typical beach destination, Chicago has got some great beaches on Lake Michigan. The water is cold in most parts of the year, but it's pretty pleasant and warm around August and September. Not very cold though, I was also [...]D: n/a00
- World's best funhouseIt was my first time in such a funhouse and I loved it. Amazing Chicago is located on Navy Pier and although this staff is mainly for kids, I saw a lot of (other) adults as well. There were a lot of labyrinths and all kinds of tunnels [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Caffe De LucaCaffe de Luca is not a very special place, but it's very cosy and pleasant. It is located in the heart of bucktown and I loved to have breakfast here. The waiters are really very nice, even by American standards and they have free Wifi, [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Magnificent MileThe magnificent Mile is a shorter part of the Michigan Avenue from around Chicago River going to Oak Street. It a very upscale place for shopping with all the shops of the greater brands. It is probably the largest shopping district in [...]D: 14.5mi00
- Frank Lloyd Wright Home and StudioFrank Lloyd Wright was a revolutionary architect. His former studio was turned into a museum. The house was restored into its 1909 state when Wright lived and worked in it. It is now open for the public. I think Wright was a genius. He [...]D: 9.2mi00
- Medieval Times Dinner & TournamentI didn't like it very much. I mean, there were great parts of the evening I spent there. I loved the dinner, it was tasty and there was something beasty I liked about eating with my hands. The show however was a little wierd. The [...]D: 27mi00
- Deep Dish PizzaDeep Dish Pizza is the pride and speciality of Chicago. It appeareed in the 1940s in pizzerias and is very popular ever since. It was first done by a texan named Ike Sewer but now it is served in almost all the pizzerias of Chicago. The [...]D: n/a00
- Adler PlanetariumI have been here only once, but it was so great. The Planetarium functions since 1930 and is not only a planetarium but also a chain of exhibits. First you can watch the sky with the extremely accurate Zeiss Projector, you feel like [...]D: 0.3mi00
- World's largest indoor AquariumShedd is the largest indoor aquarium in the world. Located on the museum Campus of Chicago, it hosts more than 8.000 animals from 700 species. I think it's almost incredible. They have all kinds of shows and exhibits. What I liked the [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Chicago's ChinatownChinatown is Chicago is extremely lively and busy. It is also huge and is located near South Side. Apart from a lot of restautants with the greatest Chinese cuisine, there are Chinese medicine stores, grocery stores and shops with [...]D: n/a00
- The Art Institute of ChicagoThe Art Institute has got a very nice art collection whech can be seen permanently. Apart from that they have great exhibitions. My favorite one, when I was there was the African and Amerindian collection. There are a lot of items [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Rossi's LiquorsRossi's Liquors is my favorite place in Chicago. It was very cosy and I loved it when I was there. It's the best dive bar I've been into, so far. The best thing is that it doesn't try to be anything that it's not, nothing more and [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Museum of Science and IndustryMuseum of History and Science is one of the coolest places I have ever been to. They have a lot of the most extraordinary exhibitions. Just to mention some of them, my favorits were the Earth Revealed. In the middle of the exhibit room [...]D: n/a00
- Abraham Lincoln ZooIt is really cool. They have a huge collection of animals in lots of smaller 'neighbourhoods' for many categories and areas. Regenstein African Journey shows everything from meerkats to zebras and giraffes. My favorite litle spot is [...]D: n/a00
- Navy Pier - A Magical LandAs if you had stepped into the land of lights, music, people and fun. There are a lot of attractions to see in this magical land, called Navy Pier on Lake Michigan. It is said that Navy Pier is the #1 tourist attraction in Chicago and I [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Chicago Blues FestivalThe Chicago Blues Festival usually takes place every year in early June in Grant Park. It is the largest Blues Festival in the world, so it's an absolute must for blues-lovers. The festival features three days of performance by top-class [...]D: n/a00
- Shedd AquariumGet acquainted with over 25,000 fish from behind the glass walls of America's largest indoor aquarium. The Aquarium is the most popular visitor attraction in Chicago, and in addition to fish, you can also see hundreds of species of birds, [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Willis Tower SkydeckWhen it was built in 1974, with its whopping 108 stories, Willis Tower was the tallest building in the world. Since then it fell to place 5 on the list, but it's still the tallest building in the US. The Skydeck is located on the 103th [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Binge shopping on the Magnificent MilesThe Magnificent Miles on Michigan Avenue is a dream come true for shopping addicts. Literally hundreds of shops, restaurants and hotels litter the street, with a few of Chicago's famous landmarks thrown in. The shops and restaurants are [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Amazing Chicago Funhouse MazeSelf-defined as an amazing 'sensory-experience', the maze is basically 4000 square feet of halls with names like Blaze Maze, Big Squeeze and Stomp it Out. The maze is great fun for families on vacation, and all the attractions are [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Millenium ParkOn a sunny day, there's no better place to spend time at than Millenium Park, a oasis of green in the heart of Chicago. You can have your fill of promenades, bridges, pavilions,fountains, ice skating rinks and theatres, and take a breath of [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Timothy O'Toole's PubTraditional Irish pub meets giant sports bar in this downtown Chicago venue. Not the place for you if you want a quiet pint in the corner, but a great place to go in the company pf friends. They have almost 50 TV sets and three big screens [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Coast Sushi BarIt is a great place for Sushi with average prices, so if you like Japanese food, here is a great possibility. You have to make sure you reserved a table before you would dare go there, otherwise you would have to wait a lot, there are a [...]D: 4.4mi10
Things about Chicago you may be interested in
Recent Chicago flights found by Travelgrove users
- $68 Frontier Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Atlanta, GA (ATL) Chicago, IL (MDW) 01/27/2023 12:56 pm Chicago, IL (MDW) Atlanta, GA (ATL) 02/11/2023 02:44 pm
- $108 Spirit Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Orlando, FL (MCO) Chicago, IL (ORD) 01/21/2023 10:27 am Chicago, IL (ORD) Orlando, FL (MCO) 02/02/2023 06:20 pm
- $108 Frontier Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Tampa, FL (TPA) Chicago, IL (MDW) 01/19/2023 10:49 pm Chicago, IL (MDW) Tampa, FL (TPA) 01/28/2023 06:15 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Fastnacht(or in 'bärndütsch' fasnacht) is one of the bigest event in this muliticultural country, irrespectively of different...
Night Life & Entertainment: 'Fastnacht'
While in Friedrichshafen, don't miss out on visiting the Promenade. It's basically the street that's right by the Lake Constance. There are a ton...
Sightseeing: Friedrichshafen Promenade
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
New Delhi, India
Rajasthan - the land of exquisite monuments, picturesque lakes, blossoming gardens and it is one of the most admired tourism destination of the...
General: Monuments, forts, palaces and lakes in Rajasthan
For anyone on this site that is interested in coming to Jamaica for vacation I would first suggest that you not spend the ridiculous amount for...
General: Paradise Jamaica
Mexico City, Mexico
I think if you are in Mexico City it is absolutely essential to see some magnificent Catholic churches. Basilica de Santa Maria de Guadalupe is a...
History & Culture: Basilica de Santa Maria de Guadalupe
If you like nature, horses and culture, you should try a ride with the Paso Peruano horses. You can enjoy the nature and the spirited horeses,...
Outdoors Activities: Paso Peruano
Being more than just a zoo with animals like roadrunners, desert cottontail, vultures, reptiles and many other birds, the California Living Museum...
Family & Fun: California Living Museum
Colorado Springs, Colorado
You may have seen the living conditions, the everyday life of people in Colorado Springs in the TV series Dr. Quinn-Medicine Woman. Taking a tour...
History & Culture: Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site