Chicago Travel Tips, Illinois
Travel tips > North America > United States > Chicago travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Chicago travel tip categories:
- General (1)
- History & Culture (3)
- Night Life & Entertainment (4)
- Family & Fun (6)
- Outdoors Activities (3)
- Food (3)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Shopping (2)
- Beaches (1)
Browse Chicago travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Chicago travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Chicago or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Chicago travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Chicago
- 5 Must Visit Tourist Destinations of AssamAssam is a wonderland. Its eternal beauty and mesmerising sightseeing options will keep you wondering for more. The land is a treaure of tribal traditions, amazing riverine islands, vast lush tea gardens, beautiful wildlife, magnanimous [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Some useful tips when you are climbing Mount KilimanjaroDon’t worry, be happy!!!!! All the time keep in mind to get pleasure from yourself. While there are a lot of hardships to endure – in addition to even a little danger to avoid – there is also a huge quantity of [...]D: n/a10
- American Girl PlaceI should have been in American Girl Place a couple of years earlier, but it was sort of fun at this age as well, though it was a very posh experience... :) There are all kinds of dolls there,a huge collection of them. There are dolls [...]D: 2mi00
- Buckingham FountainBuckingham Fountain is, I think, one of the best things about Chicago. It was built by Kate Buckingham in 1927 in the memory of her brother. It is in Grant park and is the most amazing during the night, when the lights are the most [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Chicago BeachesAlthough not a typical beach destination, Chicago has got some great beaches on Lake Michigan. The water is cold in most parts of the year, but it's pretty pleasant and warm around August and September. Not very cold though, I was also [...]D: n/a00
- World's best funhouseIt was my first time in such a funhouse and I loved it. Amazing Chicago is located on Navy Pier and although this staff is mainly for kids, I saw a lot of (other) adults as well. There were a lot of labyrinths and all kinds of tunnels [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Caffe De LucaCaffe de Luca is not a very special place, but it's very cosy and pleasant. It is located in the heart of bucktown and I loved to have breakfast here. The waiters are really very nice, even by American standards and they have free Wifi, [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Magnificent MileThe magnificent Mile is a shorter part of the Michigan Avenue from around Chicago River going to Oak Street. It a very upscale place for shopping with all the shops of the greater brands. It is probably the largest shopping district in [...]D: 14.5mi00
- Frank Lloyd Wright Home and StudioFrank Lloyd Wright was a revolutionary architect. His former studio was turned into a museum. The house was restored into its 1909 state when Wright lived and worked in it. It is now open for the public. I think Wright was a genius. He [...]D: 9.2mi00
- Medieval Times Dinner & TournamentI didn't like it very much. I mean, there were great parts of the evening I spent there. I loved the dinner, it was tasty and there was something beasty I liked about eating with my hands. The show however was a little wierd. The [...]D: 27mi00
- Deep Dish PizzaDeep Dish Pizza is the pride and speciality of Chicago. It appeareed in the 1940s in pizzerias and is very popular ever since. It was first done by a texan named Ike Sewer but now it is served in almost all the pizzerias of Chicago. The [...]D: n/a00
- Adler PlanetariumI have been here only once, but it was so great. The Planetarium functions since 1930 and is not only a planetarium but also a chain of exhibits. First you can watch the sky with the extremely accurate Zeiss Projector, you feel like [...]D: 0.3mi00
- World's largest indoor AquariumShedd is the largest indoor aquarium in the world. Located on the museum Campus of Chicago, it hosts more than 8.000 animals from 700 species. I think it's almost incredible. They have all kinds of shows and exhibits. What I liked the [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Chicago's ChinatownChinatown is Chicago is extremely lively and busy. It is also huge and is located near South Side. Apart from a lot of restautants with the greatest Chinese cuisine, there are Chinese medicine stores, grocery stores and shops with [...]D: n/a00
- The Art Institute of ChicagoThe Art Institute has got a very nice art collection whech can be seen permanently. Apart from that they have great exhibitions. My favorite one, when I was there was the African and Amerindian collection. There are a lot of items [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Rossi's LiquorsRossi's Liquors is my favorite place in Chicago. It was very cosy and I loved it when I was there. It's the best dive bar I've been into, so far. The best thing is that it doesn't try to be anything that it's not, nothing more and [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Museum of Science and IndustryMuseum of History and Science is one of the coolest places I have ever been to. They have a lot of the most extraordinary exhibitions. Just to mention some of them, my favorits were the Earth Revealed. In the middle of the exhibit room [...]D: n/a00
- Abraham Lincoln ZooIt is really cool. They have a huge collection of animals in lots of smaller 'neighbourhoods' for many categories and areas. Regenstein African Journey shows everything from meerkats to zebras and giraffes. My favorite litle spot is [...]D: n/a00
- Navy Pier - A Magical LandAs if you had stepped into the land of lights, music, people and fun. There are a lot of attractions to see in this magical land, called Navy Pier on Lake Michigan. It is said that Navy Pier is the #1 tourist attraction in Chicago and I [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Chicago Blues FestivalThe Chicago Blues Festival usually takes place every year in early June in Grant Park. It is the largest Blues Festival in the world, so it's an absolute must for blues-lovers. The festival features three days of performance by top-class [...]D: n/a00
- Shedd AquariumGet acquainted with over 25,000 fish from behind the glass walls of America's largest indoor aquarium. The Aquarium is the most popular visitor attraction in Chicago, and in addition to fish, you can also see hundreds of species of birds, [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Willis Tower SkydeckWhen it was built in 1974, with its whopping 108 stories, Willis Tower was the tallest building in the world. Since then it fell to place 5 on the list, but it's still the tallest building in the US. The Skydeck is located on the 103th [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Binge shopping on the Magnificent MilesThe Magnificent Miles on Michigan Avenue is a dream come true for shopping addicts. Literally hundreds of shops, restaurants and hotels litter the street, with a few of Chicago's famous landmarks thrown in. The shops and restaurants are [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Amazing Chicago Funhouse MazeSelf-defined as an amazing 'sensory-experience', the maze is basically 4000 square feet of halls with names like Blaze Maze, Big Squeeze and Stomp it Out. The maze is great fun for families on vacation, and all the attractions are [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Millenium ParkOn a sunny day, there's no better place to spend time at than Millenium Park, a oasis of green in the heart of Chicago. You can have your fill of promenades, bridges, pavilions,fountains, ice skating rinks and theatres, and take a breath of [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Timothy O'Toole's PubTraditional Irish pub meets giant sports bar in this downtown Chicago venue. Not the place for you if you want a quiet pint in the corner, but a great place to go in the company pf friends. They have almost 50 TV sets and three big screens [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Coast Sushi BarIt is a great place for Sushi with average prices, so if you like Japanese food, here is a great possibility. You have to make sure you reserved a table before you would dare go there, otherwise you would have to wait a lot, there are a [...]D: 4.4mi10
Things about Chicago you may be interested in
Recent Chicago flights found by Travelgrove users
- $96 Spirit Airlines
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (LGA) Chicago, IL (ORD) 02/25/2017 09:59 pm Chicago, IL (ORD) New York, NY (LGA) 03/04/2017 05:59 pm
- $102 Spirit Airlines
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Chicago, IL (ORD) 02/24/2017 05:57 pm Chicago, IL (ORD) Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 03/03/2017 04:42 pm
- $142 Southwest Airlines
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Indianapolis, IN (IND) Chicago, IL (MDW) 04/08/2017 12:55 pm Chicago, IL (MDW) Indianapolis, IN (IND) 04/14/2017 07:25 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
Better visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can...
Food: Traditional food
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
Make a bike trip through the Aaron Island. On the main island you can rent bikes for that.
Outdoors Activities: Biking on the Aaron Island
They have great Italian food and good jazz all the time. They have a TV and you can freely read newspapers and magazines. Altogether it's a rather...
Night Life & Entertainment: Caffè Megara
The first stop to almost every visitor that goes to the metropolis is the central district of Tokyo. Though the are has been destroyed many times...
Sightseeing: Central Tokyo
Phang Nga Bay is located within an hour drive from the Phuket, here is what tourist could experience another side of the Thailand, away from the...
General: Top things to do in Phuket Thailand
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The glaciers at Hintertux offers you a wide variety of ski runs, for every state of skill. ...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing