Navy Pier - A Magical Land, Chicago, Illinois
Travel tips > North America > United States > Chicago > Navy Pier - A Magical Land
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
It is said that Navy Pier is the #1 tourist attraction in Chicago and I believe that. If you visit the city you definitely have to go to Navy Pier. It has restaurants, stages for free concerts, shopping malls, an IMAX movie theater, midway rides (with a huge Ferris Wheel), and lots of museums. And all this in one place. It just takes your breath away. Oh, and of course, restaurants; an amazing variety of fast food, local and foreign cuisine. You can find anything here. It is just amazing. For me, the big Ferris Wheel was the best. When you are on top you get to see the whole pier and almost the whole city. Looking down the people are so tiny and you feel you’re on top of the world. Everything is bright and sparkly and colorful. Amazing!
A magical land, as I said! Maybe if you are lucky you will even encounter some wicked fairies, goblins or wizards dressed in clown costumes! :D
600 E. Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
Admission is free, attractions require a fee.
Fall Hours (Tuesday following Labor Day through October) Monday-Thursday, 10 am - 8 pm Friday – Sunday, 10 am - 10 pm.
Recent travel tips for Chicago
- Coast Sushi BarIt is a great place for Sushi with average prices, so if you like Japanese food, here is a great possibility. You have to make sure you reserved a table before you would dare go there, otherwise you would have to wait a lot, there are a [...]D: 4.4mi10
- Timothy O'Toole's PubTraditional Irish pub meets giant sports bar in this downtown Chicago venue. Not the place for you if you want a quiet pint in the corner, but a great place to go in the company pf friends. They have almost 50 TV sets and three big screens [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Caffe De LucaCaffe de Luca is not a very special place, but it's very cosy and pleasant. It is located in the heart of bucktown and I loved to have breakfast here. The waiters are really very nice, even by American standards and they have free Wifi, [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Millenium ParkOn a sunny day, there's no better place to spend time at than Millenium Park, a oasis of green in the heart of Chicago. You can have your fill of promenades, bridges, pavilions,fountains, ice skating rinks and theatres, and take a breath of [...]D: 0.9mi00
- The Art Institute of ChicagoThe Art Institute has got a very nice art collection whech can be seen permanently. Apart from that they have great exhibitions. My favorite one, when I was there was the African and Amerindian collection. There are a lot of items [...]D: 0.7mi00
Things about Chicago you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Are so many things/programs to do in this nature park. If you like nature and walking trips, I wound recommanded this place for you and I think one...
Family & Fun: Nature park thun
If you want to feel party, go to Alicante during the time of the 'Hogueras de San Juan' at the 24th of june. A lot of exceptional sculptures are...
General: There you should go!
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
You can get a discount at the entertainment park entrance if you keep your parking ticket :)
General: Save your money
Kodaikanal is a popular hill station in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This hill station is famous for its scenic beauty and Kodai Lake....
Night Life & Entertainment: Kodaikanal tour packages
If you plan to go to Capri, take a look at the schedule of the ferries. Normally they go there at a certain time, but not every five minutes.
General: Check the schedule of the ferries
Place Jemaa El Fna is the main square in the city of Marrakech. Its a great place to watch some Moroccans charm snakes or sit down and get a sleeve...
Sightseeing: Place Jemaa El Fna
If you are at the Lake Saint Ana, it has a great Bell Vedere point, from it you can se the entire lake
General: Lake Saint Ana
It is definitely a must if you are in the area. The museum and the city zoo are together, it's a perfect family program as well. The Skansen...
Outdoors Activities: Skansen open-air museum
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro