Navy Pier - A Magical Land, Chicago, Illinois
Travel tips > North America > United States > Chicago > Navy Pier - A Magical Land
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
It is said that Navy Pier is the #1 tourist attraction in Chicago and I believe that. If you visit the city you definitely have to go to Navy Pier. It has restaurants, stages for free concerts, shopping malls, an IMAX movie theater, midway rides (with a huge Ferris Wheel), and lots of museums. And all this in one place. It just takes your breath away. Oh, and of course, restaurants; an amazing variety of fast food, local and foreign cuisine. You can find anything here. It is just amazing. For me, the big Ferris Wheel was the best. When you are on top you get to see the whole pier and almost the whole city. Looking down the people are so tiny and you feel you’re on top of the world. Everything is bright and sparkly and colorful. Amazing!
A magical land, as I said! Maybe if you are lucky you will even encounter some wicked fairies, goblins or wizards dressed in clown costumes! :D
600 E. Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
Admission is free, attractions require a fee.
Fall Hours (Tuesday following Labor Day through October) Monday-Thursday, 10 am - 8 pm Friday – Sunday, 10 am - 10 pm.
Recent travel tips for Chicago
- Chicago Blues FestivalThe Chicago Blues Festival usually takes place every year in early June in Grant Park. It is the largest Blues Festival in the world, so it's an absolute must for blues-lovers. The festival features three days of performance by top-class [...]D: n/a00
- Buckingham FountainBuckingham Fountain is, I think, one of the best things about Chicago. It was built by Kate Buckingham in 1927 in the memory of her brother. It is in Grant park and is the most amazing during the night, when the lights are the most [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Caffe De LucaCaffe de Luca is not a very special place, but it's very cosy and pleasant. It is located in the heart of bucktown and I loved to have breakfast here. The waiters are really very nice, even by American standards and they have free Wifi, [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Binge shopping on the Magnificent MilesThe Magnificent Miles on Michigan Avenue is a dream come true for shopping addicts. Literally hundreds of shops, restaurants and hotels litter the street, with a few of Chicago's famous landmarks thrown in. The shops and restaurants are [...]D: 1.4mi00
- American Girl PlaceI should have been in American Girl Place a couple of years earlier, but it was sort of fun at this age as well, though it was a very posh experience... :) There are all kinds of dolls there,a huge collection of them. There are dolls [...]D: 2mi00
Things about Chicago you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
In the center of Bern is a really interested Chine restaurant, with the best chine food in Switzerland, thay said! Well I don't know how are the...
Food: Chine restaurant
If you want to relax in the middle of Berlin, you can visit the park called Tierpark. It´s the green lung of the city. Close to it there are mayn...
Outdoors Activities: Tiergarten park
If you are in the south of germany, close to the village of Herbertingen, you should visit the open air museum called Heuneburg. It´s the place of...
Outdoors Activities: Open air museum
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
Who doesnt know these little plastic stones and who didnt play with Lego? I think nobody. If you are on your vacation with your family in Denmark...
Family & Fun: Legoland
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
You can get a discount at the entertainment park entrance if you keep your parking ticket :)
General: Save your money
If you are exactly in the center of the city, you will see a narrow street with stairs between two buildings. On the wall near the street is a sign...
Food: Eating 'Langos' in the center of the city
Hey, don't forget to buy some of the traditional hand made puppets and jaipuri quilts from the town. The area near Hawa Mahal has a lot of shops...
Shopping: The Hawa Mahal shops
Brukenthal Museum was founded by Joseph Bruckenthal, the governor of the city during the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The museum has more buildings,...
History & Culture: Brukenthal Museum