Magnificent Mile, Chicago, Illinois
Travel tips > North America > United States > Chicago > Magnificent Mile
- Shopping travel tip
- City center
It a very upscale place for shopping with all the shops of the greater brands. It is probably the largest shopping district in the city.
There are also restaurants and office buildings or hotels, but it's mainly for shopping. You must have some money in your pocket if uoi come here. of course, you can simply walk around as well and windowshop, like I did the first time... ;)
Watching is free, the rest is definitely not!
Recent travel tips for Chicago
- Chicago Blues FestivalThe Chicago Blues Festival usually takes place every year in early June in Grant Park. It is the largest Blues Festival in the world, so it's an absolute must for blues-lovers. The festival features three days of performance by top-class [...]D: n/a00
- Millenium ParkOn a sunny day, there's no better place to spend time at than Millenium Park, a oasis of green in the heart of Chicago. You can have your fill of promenades, bridges, pavilions,fountains, ice skating rinks and theatres, and take a breath of [...]D: 0.9mi00
- American Girl PlaceI should have been in American Girl Place a couple of years earlier, but it was sort of fun at this age as well, though it was a very posh experience... :) There are all kinds of dolls there,a huge collection of them. There are dolls [...]D: 2mi00
- Willis Tower SkydeckWhen it was built in 1974, with its whopping 108 stories, Willis Tower was the tallest building in the world. Since then it fell to place 5 on the list, but it's still the tallest building in the US. The Skydeck is located on the 103th [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Chicago's ChinatownChinatown is Chicago is extremely lively and busy. It is also huge and is located near South Side. Apart from a lot of restautants with the greatest Chinese cuisine, there are Chinese medicine stores, grocery stores and shops with [...]D: n/a00
Things about Chicago you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
Athens is extremely hot, so make sure that you always have enough to drink with you. Especially when you are climbing up to the Parthenon.
History & Culture: Bring water with you to the Parthenon
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
Don't forget to document each of your travel. Always bring your cameras or videocam for photos and video of your trip.
General: Los Angeles
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
Hanoi Bac Mai, Vietnam
Top places to visit on your Myanmar Tour Packages # 1: Experience an exciting and really different cruising through the Ayeyarwady River in...
Sightseeing: Top destinations to see in Myanmar