Chicago's Chinatown, Illinois
Travel tips > North America > United States > Chicago > Chicago's Chinatown
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
Apart from a lot of restautants with the greatest Chinese cuisine, there are Chinese medicine stores, grocery stores and shops with authentic Chinese items. There are also, of course a lot of cheaper souvenir shops as well, but don't bother those, go for the real staff.
In the center, on Chinatown Square there is a big statue with the animals of the Chinese Zodiac while the Chinatown mural depicts the history of the Chinese immigrants. There are a lot more sightes and if you are attracted to Chinese culture, you should see it all.
Cemak and Wentworth Avenues
How to get there:
With CTA red line, get down at Cemak -Chinatown station.
Recent travel tips for Chicago
- World's best funhouseIt was my first time in such a funhouse and I loved it. Amazing Chicago is located on Navy Pier and although this staff is mainly for kids, I saw a lot of (other) adults as well. There were a lot of labyrinths and all kinds of tunnels [...]D: 1.9mi00
- 5 Must Visit Tourist Destinations of AssamAssam is a wonderland. Its eternal beauty and mesmerising sightseeing options will keep you wondering for more. The land is a treaure of tribal traditions, amazing riverine islands, vast lush tea gardens, beautiful wildlife, magnanimous [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Caffe De LucaCaffe de Luca is not a very special place, but it's very cosy and pleasant. It is located in the heart of bucktown and I loved to have breakfast here. The waiters are really very nice, even by American standards and they have free Wifi, [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Rossi's LiquorsRossi's Liquors is my favorite place in Chicago. It was very cosy and I loved it when I was there. It's the best dive bar I've been into, so far. The best thing is that it doesn't try to be anything that it's not, nothing more and [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Frank Lloyd Wright Home and StudioFrank Lloyd Wright was a revolutionary architect. His former studio was turned into a museum. The house was restored into its 1909 state when Wright lived and worked in it. It is now open for the public. I think Wright was a genius. He [...]D: 9.2mi00
Things about Chicago you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Good food, live music, fantastic view - this place is just perfect to spend the perfect evening, listening live music, have the best swiss food...
Food: hotel Restaurant Alpha-Thun
Good nightlife there, because of the university. Visit one of the local student pubs.
Night Life & Entertainment: Nightlife in Wurzburg
Henley On Thames, United Kingdom
Make sure you have a whole day for the amazing River and Rowing Museum if you are in Henley on Themes or in the area. It is very large and has many...
Outdoors Activities: For the Whole Family
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
Diesel is one of the most stylish and coolest bars I have been too. What's amazing about the place is the fact that the club is built into this...
Night Life & Entertainment: Diesel
Kansas City, Missouri
Not the usual museum packed with artifacts that you have already seen in other places, but a unique one. Though its main feature is still history,...
History & Culture: Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
A land of greens and flowers, The Domes became a city landmark after its completion in 1967 and proved to be a highly popular visiting area both to...
Sightseeing: The Domes
San Diego, California
Is one of the greatest place to dine. Cucina Urbana was opened not long ago, but it's very popular and I can understand why. I loved the floral...
Food: Cucina Urbana