Chicago's Chinatown, Illinois
Travel tips > North America > United States > Chicago > Chicago's Chinatown
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
Apart from a lot of restautants with the greatest Chinese cuisine, there are Chinese medicine stores, grocery stores and shops with authentic Chinese items. There are also, of course a lot of cheaper souvenir shops as well, but don't bother those, go for the real staff.
In the center, on Chinatown Square there is a big statue with the animals of the Chinese Zodiac while the Chinatown mural depicts the history of the Chinese immigrants. There are a lot more sightes and if you are attracted to Chinese culture, you should see it all.
Cemak and Wentworth Avenues
How to get there:
With CTA red line, get down at Cemak -Chinatown station.
Recent travel tips for Chicago
- Frank Lloyd Wright Home and StudioFrank Lloyd Wright was a revolutionary architect. His former studio was turned into a museum. The house was restored into its 1909 state when Wright lived and worked in it. It is now open for the public. I think Wright was a genius. He [...]D: 9.2mi00
- Museum of Science and IndustryMuseum of History and Science is one of the coolest places I have ever been to. They have a lot of the most extraordinary exhibitions. Just to mention some of them, my favorits were the Earth Revealed. In the middle of the exhibit room [...]D: n/a00
- Rossi's LiquorsRossi's Liquors is my favorite place in Chicago. It was very cosy and I loved it when I was there. It's the best dive bar I've been into, so far. The best thing is that it doesn't try to be anything that it's not, nothing more and [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Shedd AquariumGet acquainted with over 25,000 fish from behind the glass walls of America's largest indoor aquarium. The Aquarium is the most popular visitor attraction in Chicago, and in addition to fish, you can also see hundreds of species of birds, [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Binge shopping on the Magnificent MilesThe Magnificent Miles on Michigan Avenue is a dream come true for shopping addicts. Literally hundreds of shops, restaurants and hotels litter the street, with a few of Chicago's famous landmarks thrown in. The shops and restaurants are [...]D: 1.4mi00
Things about Chicago you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Have a insight view into Ravensburg's history
History & Culture: The Humpis Museum
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
India tour package fascinates anyone by offering so many enchanting destinations which are housed with several historical sites representing...
General: India Tour Travel || India Travel Tour
According to the legend, the pagoda is 2500 years old. But archaeologists say the it was built btw. the 6th and 10th century AD. Whatever the truth...
History & Culture: Shwedagon Pagoda
A favorite haven for nature lovers and adventure seekers. An all-in-one tourist destination, you can savor nature at its best... powdery-white...
Sightseeing: Philippines' all-in-one tourist destination
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
Port-of-spain, Trinidad And Tobago
Woodford Square is one of the nicest place to visit it.
General: Woodford Square
The older, more traditional aspect of the city is preserved in the Old Sacramento area, where you can find dining locales, shops, walking areas and...
Sightseeing: Old Sacramento
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide