Chicago Beaches , Illinois
Travel tips > North America > United States > Chicago > Chicago Beaches
- Beaches travel tip
- City center
The water is cold in most parts of the year, but it's pretty pleasant and warm around August and September. Not very cold though, I was also freezing a little bit until I got used to it.
If you don't want to swim, you can still row a nice boat on the lake or just walk around on the beach, I loved it. People are nice and the beaches are so clean, you don't see such clean beaches in all the cities.
I would recommend Oak Street Beach and North Avenue Beach, they are the best, I think. :)
Beaches are free.
Recent travel tips for Chicago
- The Art Institute of ChicagoThe Art Institute has got a very nice art collection whech can be seen permanently. Apart from that they have great exhibitions. My favorite one, when I was there was the African and Amerindian collection. There are a lot of items [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Medieval Times Dinner & TournamentI didn't like it very much. I mean, there were great parts of the evening I spent there. I loved the dinner, it was tasty and there was something beasty I liked about eating with my hands. The show however was a little wierd. The [...]D: 27mi00
- Caffe De LucaCaffe de Luca is not a very special place, but it's very cosy and pleasant. It is located in the heart of bucktown and I loved to have breakfast here. The waiters are really very nice, even by American standards and they have free Wifi, [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Frank Lloyd Wright Home and StudioFrank Lloyd Wright was a revolutionary architect. His former studio was turned into a museum. The house was restored into its 1909 state when Wright lived and worked in it. It is now open for the public. I think Wright was a genius. He [...]D: 9.2mi00
- Willis Tower SkydeckWhen it was built in 1974, with its whopping 108 stories, Willis Tower was the tallest building in the world. Since then it fell to place 5 on the list, but it's still the tallest building in the US. The Skydeck is located on the 103th [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Chicago you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Sion, you should try to visit the ancient roman building remnants, that are mainly covered by private buildings. You should also go...
Sightseeing: Roman building remnants
If you are at Ravensburg and you like history, you´have to visit the city`s new mseum, called Humpis Museum. It´s name derives from an old...
History & Culture: Humpismuseum
Who doesnt know these little plastic stones and who didnt play with Lego? I think nobody. If you are on your vacation with your family in Denmark...
Family & Fun: Legoland
Manchester, United Kingdom
Take a romantic walk among the bridges and boats of Castlefield. The canals are amazing, especially in the evening, after a good dinner in a nearby...
Sightseeing: Take a romantic walk
If you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora.
General: The ancient city
If you visit Oradea in spring (espacially in April) you should take a walk in the museum's park. There are some magnolia trees which are in bloom...
Outdoors Activities: Magnolia trees in the musem's park
El Paso, Texas
A cozy little restaurant on Trevino street, Geske's Fire Grill offers really tasty dishes that make your mouth water just when you think about...
Food: Geske's Fire Grill
If you visit the island of Oahu in Hawaii, make sure that you take a day to spend at Lani Kai beach. It is the most amazing beach i have been to....
General: Best Beaches Ever
The only French restaurant in Stockton is located on Benjamin Holt drive and is called Le Bistro. They also deal with special events and catering...
Food: Le Bistro
Located in the downtown area, and easily accessible from all major roads in the city, the Toledo Mud Hens Ballpark, namely Fifth Third Field, is a...
Sports & Wellness : Toledo Mud Hens Ballpark