Deep Dish Pizza, Chicago, Illinois
Travel tips > North America > United States > Chicago > Deep Dish Pizza
- Food travel tip
- City center
It was first done by a texan named Ike Sewer but now it is served in almost all the pizzerias of Chicago. The idea of the pizza is that the crost is not thin, like in the case of italian pizza. It is just put into a deep pan and baked to be soft instead of crounchy.
You also put mozzarella as the bottom of the topping, but afterthat you can put anything you want in larger quantities than in the case of traditional pizza. It's sooo delicious and can be found anywhere in the city.
All price categories.
Recent travel tips for Chicago
- World's best funhouseIt was my first time in such a funhouse and I loved it. Amazing Chicago is located on Navy Pier and although this staff is mainly for kids, I saw a lot of (other) adults as well. There were a lot of labyrinths and all kinds of tunnels [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Magnificent MileThe magnificent Mile is a shorter part of the Michigan Avenue from around Chicago River going to Oak Street. It a very upscale place for shopping with all the shops of the greater brands. It is probably the largest shopping district in [...]D: 14.5mi00
- Millenium ParkOn a sunny day, there's no better place to spend time at than Millenium Park, a oasis of green in the heart of Chicago. You can have your fill of promenades, bridges, pavilions,fountains, ice skating rinks and theatres, and take a breath of [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Timothy O'Toole's PubTraditional Irish pub meets giant sports bar in this downtown Chicago venue. Not the place for you if you want a quiet pint in the corner, but a great place to go in the company pf friends. They have almost 50 TV sets and three big screens [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Amazing Chicago Funhouse MazeSelf-defined as an amazing 'sensory-experience', the maze is basically 4000 square feet of halls with names like Blaze Maze, Big Squeeze and Stomp it Out. The maze is great fun for families on vacation, and all the attractions are [...]D: 1.9mi00
Things about Chicago you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
We didn't get bored not for a minute on the Island of Ste-Hélène when we visited Montreal last summer. There were so many people and things to...
Outdoors Activities: Île Ste-Hélène on Saint Lawrence River
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
Take a look at the new roman museum, located at the edge of Rheinbrohl. It shows history also for children, who are able to touch certain things or...
Sightseeing: Roman museum
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
Hi, so there is a river that goes right near the city of Poltava, Ukraine. Our summers are really, really hot, so many people get out of the city....
Beaches : Things to do in Poltava in summer
As a small museum, housed in a historical bakery building, which looks really great with its brick exterior, the Ybor City State Museum tells the...
History & Culture: Ybor City State Museum
Hoa Binh, Vietnam
The valley is Mai Chau town of Hoa Binh province which is located 135km southwest of Hanoi. The word “valley” means that it is surrounded by...
General: How to experience your tour in Mai Chau?
Take a walk on the main street of Zakopane in the winter - it's just simple beautiful! Everything is covered with snow, there are a lot of street...
Sightseeing: Visit it on the winter