Anchorage Travel Tips, Alaska
Travel tips > North America > United States > Anchorage travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Anchorage travel tip categories:
- General (1)
- History & Culture (3)
- Family & Fun (1)
- Outdoors Activities (4)
- Food (5)
- Sightseeing (1)
- Public Transportation (1)
Browse Anchorage travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Anchorage travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Anchorage or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Anchorage travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Anchorage
- Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson CenterFrom the outside, the Anchorage Museum at Ramuson Center just blends with its surrounding being made from mirror glass. It is a magnificent sight, so even if you don't really have time for a thorough visit, for a picture is definitely [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Oscar Anderson House MuseumIt is a beautiful house with an interesting and educational tour. Touring the Oscar Anderson House Museum is definitely worth it. Price is really good for the ticket, so being an expensive tour couldn't be an excuse. The museum is open [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Glacier BrewhouseA definite must-visit in Anchorage for lunch or dinner is the Glacier Brewhouse on West Avenue. The food is simply amazing, there is no other word for it. Th portions are quite big. Loved the seafood dishes, they were prepared so [...]D: 0.4mi10
- Alaska Native Heritage MuseumWe've visited the Alaska Native Heritage Museum a few years back during the summer. It was a memorable experience. We learned so much that day. The whole museum is very interesting and quite educational. There are so many things to see [...]D: 6.4mi00
- Alaska ZooThough it is quite a small zoo, the animals and plants you can see here are all from the region and those of you who wouldn't have enough time to explore the neighborhoods in search of wild animals in their natural habitats, the Alaska [...]D: 7.3mi00
- Prince William SoundAlaska is famous for its sea resorts and high mountains, mostly glaciers. Traveling down to Whittier from Anchorage either by train, motor-coach or by car is a unique experience in its own. From Whittier however, taking part on a glacier [...]D: n/a00
- Heiny's ATV AdventuresWonderful outdoor sights, wild animals and fresh air. These are the things that come with the Heiny's ATV Adventures trips. You get a vehicle, and you have to minimum 2 people on a trip, there are additional charges for plus company. [...]D: 32.3mi00
- Snow City CafeAfter we ate at the Snow City Cafe one morning, we went there almost every day for breakfast. The food is so delicious you just have to return the next day to either try something else or just have what you had the previous day. Prices are [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Alaska Railroad DepotTo see and experience a better and a larger part of Anchorage and Alaska, you shouldn't miss boarding a tour with the Alaska Railroad Depot. They have trains going to various locations, ticket prices depend on the location you depart [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Moose's Tooth PubIt is easily one of the number one eating places in Anchorage, because the food is really good. Though they serve mostly pizzas at the Moose's Tooth Pub, there are some salads and sandwiches to choose from. Everything we tried out so [...]D: 2mi00
- Tony Knowles Coastal TrailThere aren't so many trails in Alaska, however the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail is maybe the easiest and almost the longest starting from downtown at the most northeastern part of West 2nd Avenue. You can bike, hike, look at some really [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Humpy's Great Alaskan AlehouseBeer fanatics would love this place, because Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse has a wide variety of beers to choose from, more than 40. Plus a really good salad or a pasta dish, and you're evening is all set up to be an enjoyable one. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Orso RistoranteQuite close to the Alaska Center of Performing Art and the City Hall, the Orso Ristorante serve Italian food, bringing a little bit of Europe to this cold country. The place has a nice ambiance, with a great and friendly staff who are happy [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Horse Trekkin AlaskaIf you can ride a horse, than a tour with the Horse Trekkin Alaska is something you shouldn't miss out on if you're residing in Anchorage or nearby. The time you spend roaming the surrounding forest and trails is just amazing. You [...]D: 6.6mi00
- Chugach MountainsIt is the third largest state park in the country and it covers almost half-million acres of wilderness. Wildlife, hiking, climbing, camping, and backpacking are only a few things that you can do here. On a clear day, you can ever see as [...]D: 72.8mi20
- Holiday Inn ExpressIt is a hotel where you can enjoy your stay while visiting Anchorage/Alaska. It is quite close to the airport, having a free shuttle bus that runs frequently. The staff are friendly, prices are reasonable and the complimentary breakfast [...]D: 2.6mi21
Things about Anchorage you may be interested in
Recent Anchorage flights found by Travelgrove users
- $442 US Airways
faregeek.com check price
From To Departure Time Phoenix, AZ (PHX) Anchorage, AK (ANC) 10/15/2014 07:50 pm Anchorage, AK (ANC) Phoenix, AZ (PHX) 10/22/2014 01:40 am
- $494 Alaska Airlines
faregeek.com check price
From To Departure Time Seattle, WA (SEA) Anchorage, AK (ANC) 02/03/2015 04:00 pm Anchorage, AK (ANC) Seattle, WA (SEA) 02/18/2015 05:50 pm
- $554 Multiple Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Portland, OR (PDX) Anchorage, AK (ANC) 11/19/2014 05:40 am Anchorage, AK (ANC) Portland, OR (PDX) 12/02/2014 11:40 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Built in 1420, the Forbidden City has been the sacred place of emperors, and was unreachable for any other man. Consisting of buildings, courtyards...
History & Culture: The Forbidden City
San Diego, Costa Rica
Beaches are naturally free and they are very good in San Diego. Some of them are especially beautiful. I would very much recommend La Jolla and...
General: Free and cheap things in San Diego
Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Most of you have seen this frog before, either on TV or in a zoo, but the best place to find them is in Tortugero, Costa Rica. This rain forest in...
Sightseeing: Red Eye Tree Frogs
If you are historically interested, you should visit the roman germanic museum of cologne. It has got to offer you a huge variety of roman remnants...
General: Visit the roman germanic museum
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
Head to DC10 on Sunday, it's really good fun. Although be prepared for the long haul. It lasts from Sunday morning until 8am on Monday!
Night Life & Entertainment: Ibiza Holidays
If you wonder why there are so few photos from inside Basilique du Sacré-Cœur ('Basilica of the Sacred Heart') in Paris is because photos are...
Sightseeing: Basilique du Sacré-Cœur
We provide cheap airline flight tickets at best prices.
Outdoors Activities: Cheap air flights
We met up with our guide on the day of the tour and from the first moment we felt as we had known each other or years. He was so direct with us,...
Outdoors Activities: AZ Hummer Tours around Phoenix
If you are looking for luxury travel in Switzerland, then pureswizerland is the right place for you. With Pureswitzerland, you will get luxury and...
Sports & Wellness : Best Luxury travel Switzerland