Anchorage Travel Tips, Alaska
Travel tips > North America > United States > Anchorage travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Anchorage travel tip categories:
- General (1)
- History & Culture (3)
- Family & Fun (1)
- Outdoors Activities (4)
- Food (5)
- Sightseeing (1)
- Public Transportation (1)
Browse Anchorage travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Anchorage travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Anchorage or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Anchorage travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Anchorage
- Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson CenterFrom the outside, the Anchorage Museum at Ramuson Center just blends with its surrounding being made from mirror glass. It is a magnificent sight, so even if you don't really have time for a thorough visit, for a picture is definitely [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Oscar Anderson House MuseumIt is a beautiful house with an interesting and educational tour. Touring the Oscar Anderson House Museum is definitely worth it. Price is really good for the ticket, so being an expensive tour couldn't be an excuse. The museum is open [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Glacier BrewhouseA definite must-visit in Anchorage for lunch or dinner is the Glacier Brewhouse on West Avenue. The food is simply amazing, there is no other word for it. Th portions are quite big. Loved the seafood dishes, they were prepared so [...]D: 0.4mi10
- Alaska Native Heritage MuseumWe've visited the Alaska Native Heritage Museum a few years back during the summer. It was a memorable experience. We learned so much that day. The whole museum is very interesting and quite educational. There are so many things to see [...]D: 6.4mi00
- Alaska ZooThough it is quite a small zoo, the animals and plants you can see here are all from the region and those of you who wouldn't have enough time to explore the neighborhoods in search of wild animals in their natural habitats, the Alaska [...]D: 7.3mi00
- Prince William SoundAlaska is famous for its sea resorts and high mountains, mostly glaciers. Traveling down to Whittier from Anchorage either by train, motor-coach or by car is a unique experience in its own. From Whittier however, taking part on a glacier [...]D: n/a00
- Heiny's ATV AdventuresWonderful outdoor sights, wild animals and fresh air. These are the things that come with the Heiny's ATV Adventures trips. You get a vehicle, and you have to minimum 2 people on a trip, there are additional charges for plus company. [...]D: 32.3mi00
- Snow City CafeAfter we ate at the Snow City Cafe one morning, we went there almost every day for breakfast. The food is so delicious you just have to return the next day to either try something else or just have what you had the previous day. Prices are [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Alaska Railroad DepotTo see and experience a better and a larger part of Anchorage and Alaska, you shouldn't miss boarding a tour with the Alaska Railroad Depot. They have trains going to various locations, ticket prices depend on the location you depart [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Moose's Tooth PubIt is easily one of the number one eating places in Anchorage, because the food is really good. Though they serve mostly pizzas at the Moose's Tooth Pub, there are some salads and sandwiches to choose from. Everything we tried out so [...]D: 2mi00
- Tony Knowles Coastal TrailThere aren't so many trails in Alaska, however the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail is maybe the easiest and almost the longest starting from downtown at the most northeastern part of West 2nd Avenue. You can bike, hike, look at some really [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Humpy's Great Alaskan AlehouseBeer fanatics would love this place, because Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse has a wide variety of beers to choose from, more than 40. Plus a really good salad or a pasta dish, and you're evening is all set up to be an enjoyable one. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Orso RistoranteQuite close to the Alaska Center of Performing Art and the City Hall, the Orso Ristorante serve Italian food, bringing a little bit of Europe to this cold country. The place has a nice ambiance, with a great and friendly staff who are happy [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Horse Trekkin AlaskaIf you can ride a horse, than a tour with the Horse Trekkin Alaska is something you shouldn't miss out on if you're residing in Anchorage or nearby. The time you spend roaming the surrounding forest and trails is just amazing. You [...]D: 6.6mi00
- Chugach MountainsIt is the third largest state park in the country and it covers almost half-million acres of wilderness. Wildlife, hiking, climbing, camping, and backpacking are only a few things that you can do here. On a clear day, you can ever see as [...]D: 72.8mi20
- Holiday Inn ExpressIt is a hotel where you can enjoy your stay while visiting Anchorage/Alaska. It is quite close to the airport, having a free shuttle bus that runs frequently. The staff are friendly, prices are reasonable and the complimentary breakfast [...]D: 2.6mi21
Things about Anchorage you may be interested in
Recent Anchorage flights found by Travelgrove users
- $487 Jetblue Airways
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Oakland, CA (OAK) Anchorage, AK (ANC) 07/18/2015 07:00 pm Anchorage, AK (ANC) Oakland, CA (OAK) 07/25/2015 01:05 am
- $487 Jetblue Airways
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time San Francisco, CA (SFO) Anchorage, AK (ANC) 07/18/2015 07:04 pm Anchorage, AK (ANC) San Francisco, CA (SFO) 07/25/2015 01:05 am
- $504 Jetblue Airways
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Anchorage, AK (ANC) 06/24/2015 06:03 pm Anchorage, AK (ANC) Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) 07/08/2015 01:05 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
Lindau Bodensee, Germany
While in Lindau, make sure you visit the beautiful promenade and the city hall built during the 16th century. The entire city looks like a dioll...
General: Beautiful promenade and city hall
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
Henley On Thames, United Kingdom
Make sure you have a whole day for the amazing River and Rowing Museum if you are in Henley on Themes or in the area. It is very large and has many...
Outdoors Activities: For the Whole Family
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
Mexico City, Mexico
One of my favorite sights in the city, Casa de los Azulejos is beautiful, all covered with tiles blue and white. It was built at the beginning of...
History & Culture: Casa de los Azulejos (House of Tiles)
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
For us women, there is nothing more relaxing and perfect than a day at the spa and shopping, and Mylinda Renay Salon, which is a spa and a boutique...
Sports & Wellness : Mylinda Renay Salon
Boca Raton, Florida
Town Center: Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Macy's.
Shopping: BEST SHOPPING