Prague Travel Tips, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Prague travel tip categories:
- General (1)
- History & Culture (11)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Shopping (1)
Browse Prague travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Prague travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Prague or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Prague travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Golden Lane in PragueOcated in the northern area of the Castle district, Golden Lane is a small street with picturesque and colorful houses, some of them date back to the 16th century. The name of the street has got two possible origins. One is that the [...]D: n/a00
- Old Town Hall and Astronomical ClockOne of the most beautiful buildings in Prague is the Old Town Hall, but it's architectural beauty looses it's importance when you first glance at the 15th century Astronomical Clock. This special clock does not show the hour and [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Dox Center for Contemporary ArtA combination of very large and very small spaces characterises Dox Center for Contemporary Art best. The main hall is 7000 square feet large and its walls 100 m tall. This gives home to major exhibitions. In the tower of the building there [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Charles Bridge in PragueIf you make a must see list before you go to Prague, Charles Bridge has to be on your list. This wonderful Gothic bridge was ordered by Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV and built in 1357. Now it's a pedestrian area and is a meeting spot of [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Strahov Monastery and LibraryIn 1143 Vladislav II founded Strahov Monastery, the second oldest of its kind in Prague. It is the home of Premonstratensian monks and a wonderful library with an exceptional collection of theological and philosophical works.The quarters [...]D: 3.5mi01
- Franz Kafka MuseumAs Prague is the birthplace of Kafka, this genius of literature, Franz Kafka Museum is a must see if you're in the city. The museum was moved here from Barcelona in 1999, and let's admit, Prague is a much better place for it as the [...]D: n/a10
- Art Deco GalerieIf you want to buy a really stylish souvenir and have some extra money to spend, Art Deco Galerie is a great place. They sell items from the golden era of the city, the 1920s and '30s. They have a lot of nice things from tiny perfume [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Old Jewish CemeteryOne of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Europe and generally one of the most crowded ones in the world is Prague's Old Jewish Cemetery. It dates back to the 15th century and there are more than 20,000 people buried in this 1 block area. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Bethlehem ChapelThere are quite many old churches in Prague, but Bethlehem Chapel is unique among them. This is the chapel where, in the early 15th century Jan Hus, the famous Czech theologian raised his word against the corruption of the Catholic Church [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Museum of Communism in PragueThe whole place has got an interesting air of being made by hobby-historians. The Museum of Communism is in a small place and looks a little chaotic at first sight, nothing like the House of Terror from Budapest. Still, it is a good [...]D: 1.8mi20
- Church of St. Nicholas in PragueI do love Prague for many reasons and let me admit, the Church of St. Nicholas is one of them. The church is a breathtaking example of the baroque architecture from the early 18th century. While the outside might not look that sparkling [...]D: 2.8mi00
- St. Vitus CathedralThe most important and well known church in the Czech Republic, St. Vitus Cathedral dominates the skyline of Prague. It is located on the 3rd courtyard of the Prague Castle and is a burial ground of Czech kings, presidents and other [...]D: n/a11
- Dancing House in PragueMaybe the most interesting example of modern architecture in Prague is the Dancing House (also called Fred and Ginger). It was constructed in 1996 by the famous Canadian architect Frank Gehry and Czech architect Vlado Milunic. The curved [...]D: n/a00
- Kampa IslandIf you go towards Lesser Town from Charles bridge, you will see Kampa Island on the left side. It is bordered by Vltava on one side and on the other one by Devil's Stream, a small artificial creek. Kampa is much more tranquil than the [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Prague CastleThere is so much to see and do in Prague Castle that you will have to give it at least one afternoon. But then, it's perfectly worth every second. The Castle is actually a whole town of wonderful sights: the Royal Palace, galleries, a [...]D: n/a00
- National museum - the worl in picturesThis 'exhibition' it could be made by everyone, who want to enjoy this proposal. Is a brand new initiation, it is an ambition to the museum could quickly become one of the largest photo database, made by everyone, from different cities, [...]D: 0.2mi10
- Famous city of the FenstersturzTake a look at the Karls bridge and the city palace Hradschin. There the 30years war begun, when the people threw the officers of the emperor out of an window. [...]D: 1.7mi10
Things about Prague you may be interested in
Recent Prague flights found by Travelgrove users
- $586 Multiple Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Toronto, ON (YYZ) Prague, CZ (PRG) 05/21/2017 07:35 pm Prague, CZ (PRG) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 06/02/2017 05:30 pm
- $641 Tap airways
faredepot.com check price
From To Departure Time Boston, MA (BOS) Prague, CZ (PRG) 03/01/2017 08:00 pm Prague, CZ (PRG) Boston, MA (BOS) 03/22/2017 06:45 pm
- $659 Thy Turkish Airlines
faredepot.com check price
From To Departure Time Chicago, IL (ORD) Prague, CZ (PRG) 03/15/2017 10:20 pm Prague, CZ (PRG) Chicago, IL (ORD) 03/28/2017 02:35 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
In der Nähe von Immenstaad gibt es einen schönen großen Abenteuerpark, wo man Klettert. Auch wenn man ein bisschen Höchenangst hat, ist es dort...
General: Nahe von Immenstaad
It was a trip to the Entertainment Capital of the World; excitement was at its heights. It was not a bachelor party, neither a hush-hush...
Family & Fun: Reveling at Vegas – Getting Attracted to Distractions
As a traveler if you decide to visit Romania and on your schedule you'll find some time to explore Bucharest, than take a moment and stop in the...
Sightseeing: Historical Center of Bucharest
Key West, Florida
This a beautiful house with turn-of-the-century architecture built for the naturalist John Audubon in the 1840s when he visited then settled down...
History & Culture: Audubon House and Tropical Garden
A market hall that has everything that you might be looking for: shops, cafeterias, diners, market stalls, everything. If you stay in Philadelphia...
Shopping: Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia
Both a shop and a museum, the Tucson Mineral and Gem World is a unique place where you can find really rare rocks, meteorites, fossils, and...
History & Culture: Tucson Mineral and Gem World
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.
If you are looking for luxury travel in Switzerland, then pureswizerland is the right place for you. With Pureswitzerland, you will get luxury and...
Sports & Wellness : Best Luxury travel Switzerland
If you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway,...
Outdoors Activities: Mountains and nature