Kampa Island, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > Kampa Island
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Kampa is much more tranquil than the other parts of the city filled with tourists. There are three old mills on the island as well as English style parks. It's my favorite off-the-beaten-path place in Prague and it's also free.
Kampa Island, Na Kampě 512/11, 110 00 Prague-Malá Strana, Czech Republic
You can go anytime.
Recent travel tips for Prague
- National museum - the worl in picturesThis 'exhibition' it could be made by everyone, who want to enjoy this proposal. Is a brand new initiation, it is an ambition to the museum could quickly become one of the largest photo database, made by everyone, from different cities, [...]D: 0.2mi10
- Charles Bridge in PragueIf you make a must see list before you go to Prague, Charles Bridge has to be on your list. This wonderful Gothic bridge was ordered by Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV and built in 1357. Now it's a pedestrian area and is a meeting spot of [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Old Jewish CemeteryOne of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Europe and generally one of the most crowded ones in the world is Prague's Old Jewish Cemetery. It dates back to the 15th century and there are more than 20,000 people buried in this 1 block area. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Golden Lane in PragueOcated in the northern area of the Castle district, Golden Lane is a small street with picturesque and colorful houses, some of them date back to the 16th century. The name of the street has got two possible origins. One is that the [...]D: n/a00
- Bethlehem ChapelThere are quite many old churches in Prague, but Bethlehem Chapel is unique among them. This is the chapel where, in the early 15th century Jan Hus, the famous Czech theologian raised his word against the corruption of the Catholic Church [...]D: 2.2mi00
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you visit this city around Christmas time, there is a Christmas market organised in front of the Schonbrunn castle. It's very nice, and you can...
Family & Fun: Christmas market at the Schonbrunn
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
CLIMATE Morocco has several climatic zones, yet it is sunny for most of the year. Generally, the north has a Mediterranean climate, whereas it is...
History & Culture: Travel Tips For Morocco
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
Belen, New Mexico
Situated along the Rio Grande this nature reserve seeks to reverse the decline of the bosque wetlands. It is run by the Valencia Soil &...
Outdoors Activities: Whitfield Wildlife Conservation Area
Hermosa Beach, California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT
San Diego, California
An insider tip for San Diego is the Red Fox, which is a steakhouse with a piano lounge. The special thing about it is that you can actually get up...
Food: Red Fox