Kampa Island, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > Kampa Island
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Kampa is much more tranquil than the other parts of the city filled with tourists. There are three old mills on the island as well as English style parks. It's my favorite off-the-beaten-path place in Prague and it's also free.
Kampa Island, Na Kampě 512/11, 110 00 Prague-Malá Strana, Czech Republic
You can go anytime.
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Charles Bridge in PragueIf you make a must see list before you go to Prague, Charles Bridge has to be on your list. This wonderful Gothic bridge was ordered by Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV and built in 1357. Now it's a pedestrian area and is a meeting spot of [...]D: 3.7mi00
- St. Vitus CathedralThe most important and well known church in the Czech Republic, St. Vitus Cathedral dominates the skyline of Prague. It is located on the 3rd courtyard of the Prague Castle and is a burial ground of Czech kings, presidents and other [...]D: n/a11
- Franz Kafka MuseumAs Prague is the birthplace of Kafka, this genius of literature, Franz Kafka Museum is a must see if you're in the city. The museum was moved here from Barcelona in 1999, and let's admit, Prague is a much better place for it as the [...]D: n/a10
- Golden Lane in PragueOcated in the northern area of the Castle district, Golden Lane is a small street with picturesque and colorful houses, some of them date back to the 16th century. The name of the street has got two possible origins. One is that the [...]D: n/a00
- Old Jewish CemeteryOne of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Europe and generally one of the most crowded ones in the world is Prague's Old Jewish Cemetery. It dates back to the 15th century and there are more than 20,000 people buried in this 1 block area. [...]D: 2.2mi00
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like model railways you should definitely visit the world biggest railway model at hamburg. It is really great set up aqnd displays a huge...
Family & Fun: The world largest modelrailway
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
Nightlife in Bangalore is amazing....it has umpteen number of pubs, lounges, restaurants, motels and hotels....this is the place to be ...:)
Night Life & Entertainment: The Vidhan Soudha
4 Days 3 Night Itinerary for Ooty: Day 1: Arrive into Coonoor and check into a homestay/ resort/bungalow at Coonoor. After lunch, get a taxi...
Sightseeing: 4 days 3 Nights Itinerary for Ooty
Icelanders love their coffee. In fact, they enjoy it so much that Iceland is ranked fourth in the world for its coffee habit. It's guessed that...
Food: Where to Eat and Drink in Reykjavik ?
Baile Felix, Romania
One of the main points of atractions in Baile Felix is the Nenuphar Lake wich is a natural reservation and wich hosts 3 species of nenuphars.
General: Nenuphar Lake - Lotus
Jalan Kayu, Singapore
Thasevi Prata Restaurant as the name suggest is very much famous for its pratas.(round circular flour made bread resembling a pancake cooked over a...
Food: Thasevi Prata Restaurant
The site consists of several buildings that have played a large part in the childhood of Martin Luther King, and a museum chronicling the American...
History & Culture: Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site
Buffalo, New York
Though it may not be a big museum, the Buffalo Museum of Science is still an interactive facility worth visiting. Children of all ages can find...
Family & Fun: Buffalo Museum of Science
It was a really great way to explore Fort George Island and to learn more about the habitat there. The Eco Motion Tour guide was knowledgeable,...
Outdoors Activities: Eco Motion Tour