Strahov Monastery and Library, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > Strahov Monastery and Library
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The quarters and other facilities the monks use can't be visited, but the library is open for visitors. There are a lot of first editions and manuscripts from the middle ages on and I loved the amazing illuminated codexes. The baroque building of the library is also wonderful, but, to be honest I paid more attention to the unique collection of old book.
Strahovské nádvoří 132/1, 118 00 Prague 1-Prague Castle, Czech Republic
Adults 80KC (about $4)
Students 50KC(about $2.5)
From 9AM to 5PM every day, except for Christmas and Easter Monday.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Art Deco GalerieIf you want to buy a really stylish souvenir and have some extra money to spend, Art Deco Galerie is a great place. They sell items from the golden era of the city, the 1920s and '30s. They have a lot of nice things from tiny perfume [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Kampa IslandIf you go towards Lesser Town from Charles bridge, you will see Kampa Island on the left side. It is bordered by Vltava on one side and on the other one by Devil's Stream, a small artificial creek. Kampa is much more tranquil than the [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Bethlehem ChapelThere are quite many old churches in Prague, but Bethlehem Chapel is unique among them. This is the chapel where, in the early 15th century Jan Hus, the famous Czech theologian raised his word against the corruption of the Catholic Church [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Dancing House in PragueMaybe the most interesting example of modern architecture in Prague is the Dancing House (also called Fred and Ginger). It was constructed in 1996 by the famous Canadian architect Frank Gehry and Czech architect Vlado Milunic. The curved [...]D: n/a00
- Franz Kafka MuseumAs Prague is the birthplace of Kafka, this genius of literature, Franz Kafka Museum is a must see if you're in the city. The museum was moved here from Barcelona in 1999, and let's admit, Prague is a much better place for it as the [...]D: n/a10
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to rent rooms there for holidays, call the local tourist office. They can give you a long list of hotels and and so called 'pensionen'.
General: Tourisst acommodations
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
For anyone on this site that is interested in coming to Jamaica for vacation I would first suggest that you not spend the ridiculous amount for...
General: Paradise Jamaica
Hello Bacarra, get a stop over at Bacarra on your way to Pagudpud. It is worth visiting. It's historical belltower is outstanding, the tallest in...
General: Historical belltower Co-ca river sandy beach of Natba
Trying to find a fairly cheap hotel in Detroit wasn’t an easy task as I imagined, but we managed in the end. There are so many hotels and motels,...
General: Fairly cheap St.Regis
If you are looking for some special, unusual gifts for someone, Ingebretsen's can offer you a wide selection of stuff that would make really good...
Shopping: Ingebretsen's in Minneapolis
Though not exactly in the heart of the town, the drive up to Pudgy's Pizzeria is well worth it. They serve the most delicious thick pizza in...
Food: Pudgy's Pizzeria
For those who art lovers or are fascinated by beautiful architecture, the Crocker Art Museum can provide both. Newly renovated, the museum has...
History & Culture: Crocker Art Museum
Hue is my countryside because i was born and raised up here. Due to its special location and culture, Hue isn't an ideal place for business. As a...
Sightseeing: What to see in Hue city?
Hong Kong, China
Hong Kong is the perfect blend of east and west . There’s vibrancy, colour, noise and lots and lots of people. There are also colonial buildings,...
General: Top Things To Do In Hong Kong