Strahov Monastery and Library, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > Strahov Monastery and Library
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The quarters and other facilities the monks use can't be visited, but the library is open for visitors. There are a lot of first editions and manuscripts from the middle ages on and I loved the amazing illuminated codexes. The baroque building of the library is also wonderful, but, to be honest I paid more attention to the unique collection of old book.
Strahovské nádvoří 132/1, 118 00 Prague 1-Prague Castle, Czech Republic
Adults 80KC (about $4)
Students 50KC(about $2.5)
From 9AM to 5PM every day, except for Christmas and Easter Monday.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Bethlehem ChapelThere are quite many old churches in Prague, but Bethlehem Chapel is unique among them. This is the chapel where, in the early 15th century Jan Hus, the famous Czech theologian raised his word against the corruption of the Catholic Church [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Golden Lane in PragueOcated in the northern area of the Castle district, Golden Lane is a small street with picturesque and colorful houses, some of them date back to the 16th century. The name of the street has got two possible origins. One is that the [...]D: n/a00
- Prague CastleThere is so much to see and do in Prague Castle that you will have to give it at least one afternoon. But then, it's perfectly worth every second. The Castle is actually a whole town of wonderful sights: the Royal Palace, galleries, a [...]D: n/a00
- Old Jewish CemeteryOne of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Europe and generally one of the most crowded ones in the world is Prague's Old Jewish Cemetery. It dates back to the 15th century and there are more than 20,000 people buried in this 1 block area. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Kampa IslandIf you go towards Lesser Town from Charles bridge, you will see Kampa Island on the left side. It is bordered by Vltava on one side and on the other one by Devil's Stream, a small artificial creek. Kampa is much more tranquil than the [...]D: 2.6mi00
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The greatest experience of my life was going dancing on top of Montreal's highest buildings. The club Altitude 737 is a great place to meet new...
Night Life & Entertainment: Altitude 737 in Montreal
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
However, if you can, avoid Frankfurt and go to Munich. :)
General: Avoid it and go to Munich
IF you are around at christmas, you should visit that chsitmas market at the city. It´s really famous and you can enjoy shopping, drinking a cup...
Shopping: Christkindlmarkt in the inner city
If you go to the Olymp mountain you have to stop here! This is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! On one side you see the sea on...
Sightseeing: Litochoro - a place you should see!
Kodaikanal is a popular hill station in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This hill station is famous for its scenic beauty and Kodai Lake....
Night Life & Entertainment: Kodaikanal tour packages
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
When I've arrived in Torino I've visited 'il Palazzo Reale' .
General: Palazzo Reale, Turin
Baile Felix, Romania
One of the main points of atractions in Baile Felix is the Nenuphar Lake wich is a natural reservation and wich hosts 3 species of nenuphars.
General: Nenuphar Lake - Lotus
It is really cool. They have a huge collection of animals in lots of smaller 'neighbourhoods' for many categories and areas. Regenstein African...
Family & Fun: Abraham Lincoln Zoo