Old Jewish Cemetery, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > Old Jewish Cemetery
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
I was astonished when I first saw the place and heard the story. The Jews were discriminated and could only bury their dead that place, so they dug the graves so deep that those could vertically hold 12 bodies. They put the tombstones right on the grave, one in front of the other. If you visit the cemetery, you will see the result, it's interesting and very moving as well.
Široká 23/3, 110 00 Prague 1-Josefov, Czech Republic
Adults: about $14
Students: about $9
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Prague
- St. Vitus CathedralThe most important and well known church in the Czech Republic, St. Vitus Cathedral dominates the skyline of Prague. It is located on the 3rd courtyard of the Prague Castle and is a burial ground of Czech kings, presidents and other [...]D: n/a11
- Church of St. Nicholas in PragueI do love Prague for many reasons and let me admit, the Church of St. Nicholas is one of them. The church is a breathtaking example of the baroque architecture from the early 18th century. While the outside might not look that sparkling [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Art Deco GalerieIf you want to buy a really stylish souvenir and have some extra money to spend, Art Deco Galerie is a great place. They sell items from the golden era of the city, the 1920s and '30s. They have a lot of nice things from tiny perfume [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Dox Center for Contemporary ArtA combination of very large and very small spaces characterises Dox Center for Contemporary Art best. The main hall is 7000 square feet large and its walls 100 m tall. This gives home to major exhibitions. In the tower of the building there [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Dancing House in PragueMaybe the most interesting example of modern architecture in Prague is the Dancing House (also called Fred and Ginger). It was constructed in 1996 by the famous Canadian architect Frank Gehry and Czech architect Vlado Milunic. The curved [...]D: n/a00
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I WAS THERE 5 YEARS AGO, THE PEOPLE IS VERY FRIENDLY, THEY MAKE YOU PART OF THEIR FAMILY, IS SO HARD TO FORGET PEOPLE LIKE THEM
General: FRIENDLY PEOPLE
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
If you are in Hajduszoboszlo don't miss out the aqua park. It is a great place, and it is not too expensive
Everest base camp Trekking Summary:Fly in by plane and walk to the Sherpa village of Namche Bazar, the Monastery at Tyangboche and on to Everest...
Outdoors Activities: Trip to Everest, Everest Base camp Trek, Everest Trip, Adventure Activities Nepal
Kilimanjaro tours is adventure trips and holiday outdoor trip which is very attractive to many tourists. Mount Kilimanjaro Tours includes wildlife...
Outdoors Activities: Outdoor travel kilimanjaro tours
Located at the city limits of Aurora and very close to Denver, Cherry Creek State Park is perfect for a day out or for camping. The whole area is...
Outdoors Activities: Cherry Creek State Park
To learn more about Columbus and its culinary scene you definitely have to take part on the Columbus Food Adventures. It was so great that we...
Food: Columbus Food Adventures
Located in downtown Omaha, the Heartland of America Park is the perfect getaway from the busy side of the city. A beautiful fountain with light...
Outdoors Activities: Heartland of America Park
The Phipps Conservatory doesn't only look magnificent from the outside, but inside too. With all those colorful and lush flowers, plants that...
Sightseeing: Phipps Conservatory